Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend: A Link to the Past MMO  (Read 8477 times)

lampshade

Legend: A Link to the Past MMO
« on: February 04, 2009, 10:36:08 pm »
What is it?

It's not a real standalone client but actually a server of Graal. The aim is to duplicate an online and playable version of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

What is Graal?

A Massively Multiplayer Online Game that Massively ripped off Zelda 3. Which is very convenient for us.

Do you have ANY work done unlike the rest of the projects?

Actually yes, you can already swing your swords and have hearts. Also you can also change your looks so you don't look like a clone of Link (but you can if you want to)

Okay I have ADHD and I don't feel like reading all of this, SHOW US THE SCREENSHOTS!

We don't actually have much done, but it's still playable if you want to run around and kill other people:

Why are you here and what do you want from us?

Okay, nothing has been done for a month and we need a WORKFORCE.

Here is what we need:

Level Duplicator: All you have to do is copy the levels from Zelda to Graal. However this is WAY HARDER than you think. Because Graal is twice the resolution than Zelda 3, you have to make them TILE BY TILE.

Scripter: a.k.a the programmer. We need some of these, not those cheap hackjobs who can't create anything useful but TRUE TRIED PROGRAMMERS. Graal has its own scripting language, so you better get used to it.

If you think you can do the job, PM Sarmie on the Legend server.

I'm interested, where do I sign up?

1. Download the Graal client http://forums.graal.in/forums/showthread.php?t=17
2. Create an account on the forum (http://forums.graal.in/forums/)
3. When you log in you will be given instructions to activate your Graal username. Your Graal username will be the same as the account name.

"Legend" is not on the server list.

The servers can be hosted on anything, from computers to toasters. So sometimes they'll be down.

This is a bit rough but I think this will be good enough. Let me know if you guys need anything.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:45:50 pm by lampshade »

Broojo02

Derp
Re: Legend: A Link to the Past MMO
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 11:12:33 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
"Do you have ANY work done unlike the rest of the projects?"

I'm hurt  :'(

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:34:20 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I would personally be up for level conversion, except for the whole Graal factor. I don't support Graal in the least bit :\...

If it were a standalone homebrew engine, I'd be game.

Best of luck to you though

lampshade

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 11:38:32 pm »
I would personally be up for level conversion, except for the whole Graal factor. I don't support Graal in the least bit :\...

This Graal is the "free" Graal, it is different from the other one that Unixmad owns, the official one. But if you still don't want to help that's okay.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 02:20:50 am »
A pause button in a MMO?... XD
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 03:50:52 am »
  • Oh.
LOL
That girl with the pirate hat used to be a NAT on N-Pulse.  She got fired.

I remember her telling me about Legend or something being her server.

Anyway I used to be NAT Captain on N-Pulse and love fiddling around in Graal Reborn.  I could script for you guys.
Hm.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 06:59:18 am »
My only complaint is the graphics don't look LTTP.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 12:36:19 pm »
My only complaint is the graphics don't look LTTP.
The original Graal was with alttp graphics but Nintendo sued their asses because they tried to make money with it!  XD So they created those butt ugly custom graphics...  :-[
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 05:04:40 pm »
I actually have quite a bit to say about this project. Please don't get me wrong, I love to see "screenshots" of games with "progress", but I am going to be honest regarding what I see in this project and how you represent yourself and the project within this thread.

From what I see, you have very little information about the project. We understand that it is an online version of a Link to the Past, but it would be helpful if you provide information as to how far into development this project is, how many people are currently working on it, and what you have personally done on the project. Instead, the only information you provide us with how far into development is, and I thank you for being honest here, not very far.

If you are looking for help on a project, I find the best to get help is by presenting your project to the public and asking politely for assistance. Seeing as these are your first posts here, you came here with one objective: to find members willing to join your "workforce." I'm not going to criticize you about this, but it does help if you get to know a community before demanding help, and because honestly, it's not the fact that you are looking for help on your failing project that annoys me so much as how you go about asking for help.

It feels like this thread is not about your project, but rather about criticizing our community and every dedicated, hard-working member here. I find it ironic that you claim to have made progress on your project, when in reality the people who have created walking engines have done more work on their projects than you.

I could continue to dissect his post, but I have some work that I need to get done. Again, please realize that these are my own personal observations and opinions about his post and that nothing I say is meant to be offensive toward the project or developers. They are only intended to help the developers create successful threads in the future.

lampshade

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 09:24:40 pm »
SNIP SNIP SNIP

Don't take what I say seriously if you guys are offended (although I'm quite the offensive type person.)

By the way Downsider, I'll talk to Sarmie about it. She isn't quite active and she used to be but if she takes too long I'll give you her e-mail.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 09:27:38 pm by lampshade »
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 09:31:45 pm »
It's ok brooj02. (slaps lampshade across the face) 8)
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 10:04:13 pm »
XD graal, it's been so long.

good to see that you kept that Radio thing from LTTP in the third pic, oh wait.... hehehe

kind of cool that your remaking LTTP in graal, and kind of not cool.

How do you plan on handling enemy and boss respawn times?

lampshade

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 11:03:21 pm »

good to see that you kept that Radio thing from LTTP in the third pic, oh wait.... hehehe

Sarmie is working on something complicated, the whole thing is going to be based on the number of players online and how many times they have been killed in an interval of time.

She also has already completed the "thief" NPC (the one that steals your rupees and stuff if your memory is a 'lil fuzzy)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:13:00 pm by lampshade »
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 02:11:32 am »
  • Oh.

Sarmie is working on something complicated, the whole thing is going to be based on the number of players online and how many times they have been killed in an interval of time.

She also has already completed the "thief" NPC (the one that steals your rupees and stuff if your memory is a 'lil fuzzy)

So you're modifying the GServer?
Hm.

lampshade

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 02:31:34 am »

You can actually modify the GServer but I don't know if she's doing that, it's probably some sort of complex NPC manipulation. I'm no scripter.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 03:46:50 am »
  • Oh.

You can actually modify the GServer but I don't know if she's doing that, it's probably some sort of complex NPC manipulation. I'm no scripter.

I know you can modify it, that's why I asked o_o

There are no truly serverside NPCs because of lack of NPCServer in Graal Reborn, so that's an impossibility or a very workaroundish way if you aren't modifying the GServer.
Hm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 67 queries.