Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guy makes HD videogame screen remakes  (Read 2031 times)

Guy makes HD videogame screen remakes
« on: February 15, 2009, 05:32:23 pm »
  • MetalRidley was here
So I just stumbled on this blog post: http://gamerlimit.com/2009/02/a-must-see-high-definition-retro-gaming-art/

The actual guy's deviantART is here: http://orioto.deviantart.com

:D The pictures are amazing, and he has Metroid, Sonic, and Megaman as well. I especially love the Zelda one; it's inspiring.

THE MUSIC IS REVERSIBLE, BUT TIME IS NOT. TURN BACK... turn back... turn back...
Re: Guy makes HD videogame screen remakes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 06:16:11 pm »
Wow, thats amazing, I want to play that game now!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 06:29:20 pm »
Unbelievable.
Fantastic art.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 06:32:44 pm »
The sonic one on his devart is amazing, absolutely fantastic.

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 08:29:01 pm »
That looks fanfuckingtastic!  :o

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 08:44:47 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Amazing, but his belongs in Gaming and Entertainment.  Moved.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 10:40:12 pm »
  • Silly cat!
SEE WHAT YOU COULD HAVE MADE WITH A MORE POWERFUL CONSOLE, NINTENDO?!?

A lot of them look really great (I love especially the Metroid and Yoshi ones) but at the same time, the blurriness in the images bothers me. I'd imagine a game that looked like that would look better in motion, but as a still-image artwork it's just really unclear. The Zelda one, especially. Lacks sharpness, I guess.

Make sure you look at his DeviantArt for the high-resolution images, including Castlevania <3.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 10:49:31 pm by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 10:52:35 pm »

A lot of them look really great (I love especially the Metroid and Yoshi ones) but at the same time, the blurriness in the images bothers me. I'd imagine a game that looked like that would look better in motion, but as a still-image artwork it's just really unclear. The Zelda one, especially. Lacks sharpness, I guess.

Make sure you look at his DeviantArt for the high-resolution images, including Castlevania <3.

Good point. Also, I wonder if, if such games were done, it would be more difficult to play if you can't see very well the division between the ground and the air (in the sidescroller games) because of the background and the graphical effects; or if the blur in the Zelda game would make it difficult to see the stones and enemies, etc..

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 10:58:01 pm »
  • Silly cat!

Good point. Also, I wonder if, if such games were done, it would be more difficult to play if you can't see very well the division between the ground and the air (in the sidescroller games) because of the background and the graphical effects; or if the blur in the Zelda game would make it difficult to see the stones and enemies, etc..
I'd say if a game were made like this, it would be clearer. Because it's an artwork and not a screenshot, it doesn't necessarily have to outline where the player can go an where they can't, or what they can interact with on the stage and what they can't...

Point is, THIS is what Nintendo should be doing. Instead of remaking old Gamecube games in "New Play Control!" or whatever, they should be releasing very pretty remakes (maybe not necessarily remakes, but you know what I mean) of these franchises. It'd definitely draw in the crowd of angered Nintendo fanboys.

Hoffy.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 11:18:52 pm »

I'd say if a game were made like this, it would be clearer. Because it's an artwork and not a screenshot, it doesn't necessarily have to outline where the player can go an where they can't, or what they can interact with on the stage and what they can't...

Point is, THIS is what Nintendo should be doing. Instead of remaking old Gamecube games in "New Play Control!" or whatever, they should be releasing very pretty remakes (maybe not necessarily remakes, but you know what I mean) of these franchises. It'd definitely draw in the crowd of angered Nintendo fanboys.
I must agree with that, instead of making a SoulCalibur type Castlevania how about a Retro looking Castlevania (as in gameplay) and graphic wise something that good?

Same with Mario, I don't care how many Polygons he has or how realistic he looks, as long as I can play something like the old games :P.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 55 queries.