Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Link's Awakening Remastered (Master Topic)  (Read 63701 times)

Re: [WIP] Mabe Village LttP Style
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2009, 05:48:26 am »
dibs on OOA :P.
I'm serious, I'll take a look at that video tutorial of yours after.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 05:50:15 am by Darklight »
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2009, 05:51:33 am »
dibs on OOA :P.

Heh, if there's one thing I learned from this so far, it's that mapping is far more fun, and better, to do as a team. If I were choosing between what game, I certainly wouldn't call "dibs". :P
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2009, 06:03:18 am »
scratch that, I'll work with some people on seasons, I found a map for each season, I'll post them when I get home from work.

Jeod

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2009, 06:14:03 am »
scratch that, I'll work with some people on seasons, I found a map for each season, I'll post them when I get home from work.

Since tilesnet is down, here's some MC tiles I salvaged from there. Hope they help.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=94fe5d9a55b3d085e7ba8e3c6e11ce20e04e75f6e8ebb871

EDIT: And here's a few maps from Seasons. Don't know if yours are better, Darklight. The dungeons on these maps show the chests and items gotten from them.

http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GB-GBC/index.htm#LegendOfZeldaOracleOfSeasons

Tomorrow I'll try to finish up the final sections of Mabe, then work on perfecting the area. Correct alignments, correct tiling colors, everything. I'm going to head off to bed, so for those who are still anxious, there ae two things that you could to to help:

1) Make a library sign if the LttP one isn't good enough.
2) Make a list of everything that needs fixing in the area, and use details so I know what the heck you're talking about.

After Mabe, I plan on doing the beach.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:22:06 am by Jeod »
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2009, 07:16:40 am »
  • Silly cat!
I decided to get my mojo working...

Minish Cap-styled Holodrum. This map used Xfixium's MC tiles and is also inspired by his GM7 version of Link's Awakening.

Let's do this thing.

Hoffy.
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2009, 10:39:25 am »
Hey, that looks great! I may be slightly bias however. :D Wow, all these people getting motivated to re-tile GB games. It'll be interesting.
  • Pyxosoft

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2009, 10:46:17 am »
  • Silly cat!
Hey, that looks great! I may be slightly bias however. :D Wow, all these people getting motivated to re-tile GB games. It'll be interesting.
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to steal your style :S. It was just pretty, lol.

EDIT:
Did some more:

« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 10:50:17 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2009, 11:26:39 am »

Since tilesnet is down, here's some MC tiles I salvaged from there. Hope they help.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=94fe5d9a55b3d085e7ba8e3c6e11ce20e04e75f6e8ebb871

EDIT: And here's a few maps from Seasons. Don't know if yours are better, Darklight. The dungeons on these maps show the chests and items gotten from them.

http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GB-GBC/index.htm#LegendOfZeldaOracleOfSeasons

Tomorrow I'll try to finish up the final sections of Mabe, then work on perfecting the area. Correct alignments, correct tiling colors, everything. I'm going to head off to bed, so for those who are still anxious, there ae two things that you could to to help:

1) Make a library sign if the LttP one isn't good enough.
2) Make a list of everything that needs fixing in the area, and use details so I know what the heck you're talking about.

After Mabe, I plan on doing the beach.
Rofl that's where I got the maps from anyway :D Nice tiles though, thanks a bunch, saves me from going and looking for all the ones I have somewhere.
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to steal your style :S. It was just pretty, lol.

EDIT:
Did some more:

You and me together Hoffy :D.
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2009, 11:51:35 am »
I divided the spring map up into the actual scree sizes, will be useful.
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/860/ooaspring.png

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2009, 11:57:07 am »
  • Silly cat!
Alright, that's awesome. Feel free to add anything whenever you like, Darklight. We're all in this together.

Did some more:

I think that's enough from me for one night.

Hoffy.
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2009, 12:09:47 pm »
what are you using to do it hof? gimp and the video tutorial method?
btw, furtherest right image is 2 pixels too big.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:47:25 pm by Darklight »
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2009, 12:49:25 pm »
Hoffy and Darklight: The idea and maps are looking good, but I think it is best if you create a new topic for your creations and leave this topic for the LA Remastered maps.

About the dimension discussion. Jeod probably wants to use the widescreen format as a view. He asked me to do it in 320x205 pixels. Allthough I think the 205 is also a weird choice, because it can't be divided by 16.

Even if the tiles of LA are based on ALttP, the aspect ratios and everything are still different. You still need to customize a number of tiles and be creative with the maps. You won't be making a 1-on-1 transition anyway. You can only make an approximation.

I personally use GIMP2 now to make the maps, but this is the first time I'm doing it anyway. I've never heard of Mappy and those other things, were can I get those and are there any tutorials on them.

ON topic: I've finished the jumping well of Mabe Village. Some tiles are yet again customized. For example the sea border. Because you can't see the rocks entering in the sea. Also the left side of the cliff is customized.

Jeod

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2009, 12:55:01 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion, Niek, but it's really ok if they do their map making in here if they want. That will stop a topic war between the two topics being constantly updated in the same forum, which would be very annoying.

Also, my math was incorrect and Xfixium is right about the proper scale dimensions. However, it won't make much of a difference and we're too far in to start over. The only easy thing I can do right now is to remember my mistake, and save xcf files next time.

By the way, an xcf file is GIMP specific and saves the file with all the layers separate, so you an return to working on the image without having to go through a lot of hooplah.

Jeod

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2009, 01:00:30 pm »
Alright, that's awesome. Feel free to add anything whenever you like, Darklight. We're all in this together.

Did some more:

What season is this supposed to be? Looks like spring now, so will you just recolor the tiles for the other three?

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2009, 01:06:32 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Hoffy and Darklight: The idea and maps are looking good, but I think it is best if you create a new topic for your creations and leave this topic for the LA Remastered maps.
That kind of defeats the entire purpose of "working together".

If it's anything this forum needs, it's more collaboration. Going solo will not help anyone. Sure, it's unconventional, but who cares?

what are you using to do it hof? gimp and the video tutorial method?
btw, furtherest right image is 2 pixels too big.
Oh, sorry. I'm just using these tilesets:

http://www.pyxosoft.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=74efcea692b65f13944bdc90cb9e7405&topic=9.0

And I'm also using these screenshots as references:

http://www.pyxosoft.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=74efcea692b65f13944bdc90cb9e7405&topic=22.0

I'm just grabbing things from MC maps, and doing some unnoticeable stuff myself. Yeah, I might have copied the image wrong :P. I'm tiling in Game Maker because that's what I find easiest, and then just print screening what I have and saving it as an image. Easy.

Did some more:

What season is this supposed to be? Looks like spring now, so will you just recolor the tiles for the other three?
This would be Spring in my head. I guess the light green/yellow TMC tiles would be Summer.

Hoffy.
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2009, 01:14:44 pm »

About the dimension discussion. Jeod probably wants to use the widescreen format as a view. He asked me to do it in 320x205 pixels. Allthough I think the 205 is also a weird choice, because it can't be divided by 16.

Even if the tiles of LA are based on ALttP, the aspect ratios and everything are still different. You still need to customize a number of tiles and be creative with the maps. You won't be making a 1-on-1 transition anyway. You can only make an approximation.

I personally use GIMP2 now to make the maps, but this is the first time I'm doing it anyway. I've never heard of Mappy and those other things, were can I get those and are there any tutorials on them.

ON topic: I've finished the jumping well of Mabe Village. Some tiles are yet again customized. For example the sea border. Because you can't see the rocks entering in the sea. Also the left side of the cliff is customized.
It looks wierd between the two cliffs, maybe customise the tiles there to?  :o
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2009, 01:25:16 pm »
Mappy is sort of a de facto standard for tile editors amongst developers. It's a bit of a pain to use, but it does have an option to export layers to a .bmp. If you want .png support, make sure you download the zlib and pnglib .dll .rar from their site also.
http://www.tilemap.co.uk/mappy.php

World Artist was created by zfgc's code guru Infini. It has an option to export the map as a .png. How nice.
http://www.binaryphoenix.com/?action=projects&id=10

I am sure there are an ass load of other editors. Game Maker is a decent approach also.

I am re-vamping my own tile editor to allow for more layers. Overall, I believe a tile editor is faster and easier to use over an image editor. I have watched the tutorial, and unfortunately I have to say it is more complicated and time consuming to take that approach. Not to take away from the tutorial, it is an excellent resource, but I would personally stick with tile editors for this task IMO.
  • Pyxosoft

Jeod

Re: [WIP] Mabe Village LttP Style, Holodrum MC S...
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2009, 01:26:58 pm »
GIMP is easiest for me right now, and I looked at World Artist to find it was kida complex and I didn't understand how to do things right. So I'll stick with the time consuming yet accurate-for-me GIMP.

Re: [WIP] Koholint LttP Style, Holodrum MC Style
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2009, 01:29:48 pm »
Understandable, everyone does it their own way. ;) Keep up the good work.
  • Pyxosoft

Jeod

Re: [WIP] Koholint LttP Style, Holodrum MC Style
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2009, 01:31:05 pm »
I have a guidebook for OoS/A, so I can scan some particular maps if you guys want. (Subrosia)

Update on first post, changed the topic title.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.271 seconds with 75 queries.