Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] Twilight Puzzle  (Read 12081 times)

[Demo] Twilight Puzzle
« on: February 27, 2009, 04:17:59 pm »
CANCELLED FOR NOW SINCE I DONT HAVE ENOUGH FREE TIME TO WORK WITH IT.

This is a minigame game ive made in Game Maker 7 and its my first game.

Mini Game 1 - Guardian Puzzle - Information
Quote from: Twilight Puzzle
This is based on the guardian puzzle in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
•You are link and have to guide Midnas Illusions back to the spot where they once stood, the spots is marked in Yellow.
•Get all of Midna's illusions back to the spot where they once stood to continue to the next level.
•You choose where to go by using the Key Arrows.
  •When you walk, Midna Illusion[1] will go to the direction you go and Midna Illusion[2] will go Mirrowed.
  •You cant walk on the black ground.
  •You cant walk trought midna, and a midna cant walk trought another midna.
  •If you stand on the same position as midna you loose and will have to start over.
•You have a timer on the top left corner, when its empty, you loose. The timer is 60 seconds in total.

Mini Game 2 - Shooting Gallery Information
This is based on the Shooting Gallery minigames in The Legend of Zelda series.
•You are link and have to hit as many targets as possible in a limited amount of time and you have a limited amount of arrows (50) arrows.
•Press Left & Right to move link.
•Press up to shoot with your bow.
•When you hit a target, your combo increase. When you miss you loose your combo & one Rupee. When hitting a target you get +1 Combo point.
•There is targets that you should try to avoid but if you hit them you loose 3 rupees and your combo.
•You get 1xCombo Point in rupees everytime you hit a target, you cant get more then 5 rupees per hit. This means that having 5 or 20 in combo gives the same amount of rupees per hit.

The Gaming Island Information
Quote from: South West house (small)
is where you go and check your records, will be pretty small, look like a library of some kind and a guy who you can talk with and ask for your records.

Quote from: South West house (big)
Here you will be able to buy tickets to unlock new minigames with rupees that you win in the actual games, you will get your first one for free. Most of the games will not require you to turn in your ticket so you will be able to play them an infinite amout of time when others will require you to buy new tickets everytime you want to play it.

Quote from: North West house (Blue)
The Shooting Gallery, inside it will be like a bar table where there is a guy on the other side, walk with him and you will show him your shooting gallery ticket and he will let you in for free.

Quote from: North West house (Red)
That is suppost to be a secret but well, i tell you as much as possible.
It will be a locked house which you can not acces since the door is locked.
Now the question is "How do you get it?" Its very simple, just think for a moment.
Whats inside, im not going to tell anyone yet.

Quote from: North East house
In the house you will talk with a guy, and he will take you to the forrest and ask you to help him killing creatures that pops up from the ground using a hammer.

Quote from: East house
Thats where you start your adventure, you will not be able to enter the house, you will get the message "Your not allowed to enter this house when there's no boat here."

Quote from: South East Stairs
Leads to an underground passage but i will not tell you what it is for yet.

Quote from: Statue
This is where the guardian puzzle takes place, you will come to a dungeon looking room and from there you will play the guardian puzzle. This game requires no tickets at all but you get no reward either. The reason of this is becouse when a player solves the puzzle one time, they can do it over and over and complete it in under 10 seconds only 13 steps.

Quote from: North Passage
Shows you the path to the Maze, wouldent it be wierd if the maze was in a house in the middle of a town since its huge and its outside?
Thats why i decided to have the maze on its own section of the island.

Quote from: South Passage
Closed for secret reasons.

Quote from: West Passage
Path closed. Will be opened as soon as the new area of The Gaming Island is done. May take a while.
Thanks! ~Tingle

Quote from: North West Entrance to the wooden wall
Your only allowed to enter if you are a guard of The Gaming Island.
As far as i know, you can not be a guard of The Gaming Island.

Images

Credits:
Link.57
ArcticFerret
Hoffy
Calvein
TakaM
Aab
LTGH

Please give me some feedback, that way i can improve this game and also improve my skills with game maker at the same time.

*Latest Minigame Version*
Twilight Puzzle - Alpha (Now with sound)

*The Gaming Island Preview ½*
Twilight Puzzle (The Gaming Island Preview ½)

Its TEMPORARY since i lost about 6 hours of work, i dont really know how it got deleted :S.
.you cant read the signs & the "Welcome to The Gaming Island" dialogue which contained over 10 rows of text & information is gone.
EDIT: i have remade almost everything. Now you can enter the shooting gallery house, you can talk with the guy inside, you can even play the shooting gallery, and hes dialogue is done.
Im still not done with some of the stuff thats why its called (Preview ½), becouse its half done.
For the next version i will add the guardian puzzle, i will redo the entire style of the guardian puzzle into cave. You will get a full welcome dialogue and possibly be able to read the signs. Im also hoping to release a new logo for the game and a new name for it ;-)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:01:42 pm by LTGH »

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: [Demo] Twilight Puzzle
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 07:28:13 pm »
Looks promising, and an excellent Zelda mini-game. If you plan to make a series of puzzles, consider changing the title to Twilight Puzzle Challenge or Twilight Puzzle League. Just something more than simply 'Twilight Puzzle'.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
Pictures
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 07:38:45 pm »
Pictures:
[spoiler=Title Screen - Alpha]Title Screen - Alpha
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Puzzle]
Guardian Puzzle
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Shooting Gallery]
Shooting Room

Entrance Room

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Gaming Island]
The Gaming Island

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=The Maze - WARNING, You will se the entire maze.]
The Maze

[/Spoiler]

[spoiler=Minigame Menus]
[spoiler=Minigame Menu]
Minigame Menu - Done
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Shooting Gallery Info]
Shooting Gallery Info
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Puzzle Info]
Guardian Puzzle Info
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 04:25:48 pm by LTGH »
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 07:07:43 pm »
Sorry for double posting.
Im planing to change name on the game and wonder what you guys think, i have a list of the names i have. You dont have to take one from the list but i want to hear what you guys like the most, also im done with a new mini game, Shooting Gallery, its 100% working but i need tiles for it and i cant seem to find any.
As soon as i have tiles for it i will release that mini game.
I also want some more feedback, its hard for me to know what people want when i dont get any feedback at all. :/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:21:33 am by LTGH »
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 10:04:06 pm »
This sounds pretty good, that puzzle in the game was really hard, but a whole game with those puzzles? Plus other minigames? Wow, good luck!

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 10:44:32 pm »
I have made some small updates on the main thread.
Now this will be a Zelda minigame game not specialy made for one minigame.
I will add a several minigames from the zelda games and make 2/3 difficulties on the most of them.
All i needs is tiles for the shooting gallery and im ready to release the next version.

Shooting Gallery - Mockup

I dont really like the idea of having one room as the entire house so i made it my own way and i think it turned out pretty well. You will stand on the south part and shoot at targets that walks on the North part.

Minigame Menu - Done

Its based on the manu in "ocarina of time 2d+" but i dont know which one and i also dont know who made the base >.<'

Shooting Gallery - Done

Guardian Puzzle Info - Done

Shooting Gallery Info - Done
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:40:42 pm by LTGH »

Jeod

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 09:40:30 pm »
Looks good! A comment on the grammar...the guardian puzzle description should read "the spots are marked in yellow", not "the spots is marked in yellow". Also, midnas should have an apostrophe before the s.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 09:42:40 pm »
I know about the apostrophe, i just dont have that symbole but ill add that one manually later.
And damn... i hate Are and Is thats the only thing that makes me fail on the english test in school...
Any ideas of other minigames i can add? :-)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 03:35:09 pm by LTGH »

Jeod

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 09:44:11 pm »
Well let's see, you have a shooting gallery and a twilight puzzle...how about whack-an-enemy starring Link with the magic hammer and some enemy as the "mole"?

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 09:49:55 pm »
You mean so that i run around on small field and attack enemies with an hammer? :p
That sounds fun, easy and cool =D
Also i was thinking of that GB zelda game where you have to dance the same as another guy to get a reward, maybe i can make something similar to that one :p

Jeod

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 09:50:47 pm »
Ah yes, the subrosia and goron dance competitions. Those were on the Oracle games, and were very hard. Well, the goron one anyway.

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 09:53:28 pm »
hard? hard? o.o
Its easy like hell to remember the moves and such, i can 101 decimals from PI in my head :P
I was bored in school and tryed to see how many i could remember.  :P
Tommorow ill try to add one of them if i have time.
Also, how the heck does the font/text system work? o.o'
I cant figure out how to fix score since i dont know how to show text in the room, but it have score :P
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 10:07:34 pm »
LTGH this is a really nice game, but to bad you don't show any scores at the end. I would have loved to know how much time I had remaining. Another advice is to give an instruction for controls before the start of a game.

If you are still thinking of more games, you could do a horse race like in OOT and Four Swords Adventures or the Goron Boulder race in Majora's Mask. There are some other races as well like sailing.

The Deku leaf flight distance game with the Rito from TWW can also be a nice mini game. But these are more of a challenge.

Another one is catch the butterflies and not the bees. And if you've got to much time on your hand you could make an overworld amusment park or make some of the minigames from FSA.
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 10:23:32 pm »
1. Im planning to make some of the minigames into "subgames" example > When you play Shooting Gallery, a new door will open and you will be able to walk N/S/E/W and go to the next room.
2. Baah, some 2D minigames would be easier for me since this is my first game i make, i still need to learn.
3. I am planing to add the Goron Boulder race but you will only be able to move left/right and press forward/backward to move faster/slower.
4. I still dont know how to display text on the screen thats why i dont have a result page after you complete the minigames.
5. Instructions to the controlls will be added later by pressing up and down when reading the minigame instructions.
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 10:45:11 pm »
Copy/paste from the Game Maker 7 help files:

In games you sometimes need to draw texts. To draw a text you have to specify the font to use. Fonts can be defined by creating font resources (either in the Game Maker program or using the functions to create resources). There are different functions to draw texts in different way. In each function you specify the position of the text on the screen. There are two functions to set the horizontal and vertical alignment of the text with respect to that position.
For text drawing the following functions exist:

draw_set_font(font) Sets the font that will be used when drawing text. Use -1 to set the default font (Arial 12).
draw_set_halign(halign) Sets the horizontal alignment used when drawing text. Choose one of the following constants as values:

fa_left
fa_center
fa_right
draw_set_valign(valign) Sets the vertical alignment used when drawing text. Choose one of the following constants as values:

fa_top
fa_middle
fa_bottom
draw_text(x,y,string) Draws the string at position (x,y), using the drawing color and alpha. A # symbol or carriage return chr(13) or linefeed chr(10) are interpreted as newline characters. In this way you can draw multi-line texts. (Use \# to get the # symbol itself.)
draw_text_ext(x,y,string,sep,w) Similar to the previous routine but you can specify two more things. First of all, sep indicates the separation distance between the lines of text in a multiline text. Use -1 to get the default distance. Use w to indicate the width of the text in pixels. Lines that are longer than this width are split- up at spaces or - signs. Use -1 to not split up lines.
string_width(string) Width of the string in the current font as it would be drawn using the draw_text() function. Can be used for precisely positioning graphics.
string_height(string) Height of the string in the current font as it would be drawn using the draw_text() function.
string_width_ext(string,sep,w) Width of the string in the current font as it would be drawn using the draw_text_ext() function. Can be used for precisely positioning graphics.
string_height_ext(string,sep,w) Height of the string in the current font as it would be drawn using the draw_text_ext() function.

The following routines allow you to draw scaled and rotated text and also to use gradient colors on texts. These functions are only available in the Pro Edition!

draw_text_transformed(x,y,string,xscale,yscale,angle) Draws the string at position (x,y) in the same way as above, but scale it horizontally and vertically with the indicated factors and rotate it counter-clockwise over angle degrees.
draw_text_ext_transformed(x,y,string,sep,w,xscale,yscale,angle) Combines the function draw_text_ext and draw_text_transformed. It makes it possible to draw a multi-line text rotated and scaled.
draw_text_color(x,y,string,c1,c2,c3,c4,alpha) Draws the string at position (x,y) like above. The four colors specify the colors of the top-left, top-right, bottom-right, and bottom-left corner of the text. alpha is the alpha transparency to be used (0-1).
draw_text_ext_color(x,y,string,sep,w,c1,c2,c3,c4,alpha) Similar to draw_text_ext() but with colored vertices.
draw_text_transformed_color(x,y,string,xscale,yscale,angle,c1,c2,c3,c4,alpha) Similar to draw_text_transformed() but with colored vertices.
draw_text_ext_transformed_color(x,y,string,sep,w,xscale,yscale,angle,c1,c2,c3,c4,alpha) Similar to draw_text_ext_transformed() but with colored vertices.

This is what I found in the help files. You can use the draw event of game maker to display text. Assign this to either Link, or better make a score board object. In the same help file you can find code for splashscreens. I don't know if it is the most efficient method, but it is one method.

Oh yes, I almost forgot. Your game would be nicer if it had a background music. SOme sound effects are also nice. But a background music should be easy.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 10:47:21 pm by Niek »
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 11:02:55 pm »
Your making good progress :)
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 06:45:41 am »
Copy/paste from the Game Maker 7 help files:

In games you sometimes need to draw texts. To draw a text you have to specify the font to use. Fonts can be defined by creating font resources (either in the Game Maker program or using the functions to create resources). There are different functions to draw texts in different way. In each function you specify the position of the text on the screen. There are two functions to set the horizontal and vertical alignment of the text with respect to that position.
For text drawing the following functions exist:

draw_set_font(font) Sets the font that will be used when drawing text. Use -1 to set the default font (Arial 12).
draw_set_halign(halign) Sets the horizontal alignment used when drawing text. Choose one of the following constants as values:

fa_left
fa_center
fa_right
draw_set_valign(valign) Sets the vertical alignment used when drawing text. Choose one of the following constants as values:

fa_top
fa_middle
fa_bottom
draw_text(x,y,string) Draws the string at position (x,y), using the drawing color and alpha. A # symbol or carriage return chr(13) or linefeed chr(10) are interpreted as newline characters. In this way you can draw multi-line texts. (Use \# to get the # symbol itself.)
draw_text_ext(x,y,string,sep,w) Similar to the previous routine but you can specify two more things. First of all, sep indicates the separation distance between the lines of text in a multiline text. Use -1 to get the default distance. Use w to indicate the width of the text in pixels. Lines that are longer than this width are split- up at spaces or - signs. Use -1 to not split up lines.
string_width(string) Width of the string in the current font as it would be drawn using the draw_text() function. Can be used for precisely positioning graphics.
string_height(string) Height of the string in the current font as it would be drawn using the draw_text() function.
string_width_ext(string,sep,w) Width of the string in the current font as it would be drawn using the draw_text_ext() function. Can be used for precisely positioning graphics.
string_height_ext(string,sep,w) Height of the string in the current font as it would be drawn using the draw_text_ext() function.

The following routines allow you to draw scaled and rotated text and also to use gradient colors on texts. These functions are only available in the Pro Edition!

draw_text_transformed(x,y,string,xscale,yscale,angle) Draws the string at position (x,y) in the same way as above, but scale it horizontally and vertically with the indicated factors and rotate it counter-clockwise over angle degrees.
draw_text_ext_transformed(x,y,string,sep,w,xscale,yscale,angle) Combines the function draw_text_ext and draw_text_transformed. It makes it possible to draw a multi-line text rotated and scaled.
draw_text_color(x,y,string,c1,c2,c3,c4,alpha) Draws the string at position (x,y) like above. The four colors specify the colors of the top-left, top-right, bottom-right, and bottom-left corner of the text. alpha is the alpha transparency to be used (0-1).
draw_text_ext_color(x,y,string,sep,w,c1,c2,c3,c4,alpha) Similar to draw_text_ext() but with colored vertices.
draw_text_transformed_color(x,y,string,xscale,yscale,angle,c1,c2,c3,c4,alpha) Similar to draw_text_transformed() but with colored vertices.
draw_text_ext_transformed_color(x,y,string,sep,w,xscale,yscale,angle,c1,c2,c3,c4,alpha) Similar to draw_text_ext_transformed() but with colored vertices.

This is what I found in the help files. You can use the draw event of game maker to display text. Assign this to either Link, or better make a score board object. In the same help file you can find code for splashscreens. I don't know if it is the most efficient method, but it is one method.

Oh yes, I almost forgot. Your game would be nicer if it had a background music. SOme sound effects are also nice. But a background music should be easy.
I give it a try when i have time to read it and try it.

Your making good progress :)
Thank you =)
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 09:00:34 pm »
Update! My plans has changed, insted of working on the minigames above i will try to extend my skills and puch my limits by making a maze using this style: http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/tlozfourswords/sheet/1633 It will contain Feather (Jump), Ledge Jumping (Still working on it) Cast/Throw objects, pickup items (will work like in four swords, just one at the time), Boots (Run on water, i think i know how i can make it) Sword (...).
I just  have one question, how to i make a scrolling screen i mean so that it follows me when i walk. I want the screen to be the same size as the other minigames and i want the maze to be HUGE and out of sight so that you dont know where to go and stuff, otherwise its not fun.

This is just a mockup and it will not look like that ingame since the the sizes and stuff doesnt fit but i will make it look pretty much the same. =)

Sorry for double posting but noone would notice if i just edit the old post. :/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:02:13 pm by LTGH »
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 11:37:24 pm »
Your mock up looks nice. To answer your question. I think you have to define a view when you build your room, but I'm not certain because I haven't tried it yet. It should be there somewhere in the help files. Otherwise try to experiment with room settings. The best way is always experimenting.
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 06:29:49 am »
Yah, your right. Thats how i have always done. I was just to lazy to look around this time.
And thanks! =D

Edit: I found it :P

Edit2: Below i have a little preview of the maze ingame.
I will add effects and stuff on the ground later. Now im making the base.

Edit3: I added a new preview picture with some small updates.
The Maze now contains an exact amount of 60 sprites and i will add more >.<
Takes a while just to add sprites and add the objects thats why im not making so big process, but once i have all the sprites i need, i just have to build the actual stage and that will make it go much faster.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:46:09 pm by LTGH »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 317 queries.