Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Canceled] The Legend of Zelda <you will never know the name>  (Read 11966 times)

[Canceled] The Legend of Zelda <you will never k...
« on: March 14, 2009, 11:08:49 pm »

--THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN CANCELED--

Here are some screenshots of the game:

This is my Zelda Fangame. It hasn't got a name yet, but that's only because I haven't found a name that really fits yet and because I don't want to give it a name just that it has one.
The Story takes place a very long time after Ocarina of Time but before the Great Flood.
I won't tell you much of the story I've planned but here are some infos:
  - Ganon/Ganondorf won't be the main villain in this Game.
  - Link is living with his father in a house near the village of Katmeit in the northwest of   Hyrule. (His mother died when he was about 5 years old.)
  - Hyrule won't be the only place you visit in this game.
  - If everything goes as I have planned the game will feature 6 dungeons plus one final one, but my story allows me to finish the game after only 3 dungeons if it gets too much. That would take away some of the best gameplay, but at least it would be a finished game.

Edit: Sorry, it are 6 normal dungeons not 7. With the final dungeon it will be 7.

I'm planning to fill the world with many NPCs, sidequests, things to do and discover to make it feel alive, and a certain system that each ingame-day will be different. During the storyline some things will happen that have a major effect on the world, for example a city getting destroyed (won't happen in the game).

Here is a technical demo of my game, it contains 5 rooms, a few enemies, sword (no shield), 4 Items and bottles,swimming, pushing/pulling, and a few other things I can't remember at the moment. Not all things are finished (for example the AI of Keatons) but I will change them in time. Please give me feedback. I'd really appreciate it!

Download Demo

Controls are:

X: action (like roll)
C: sword
D/F/V: items
Enter: open/close inventory screen
S: Shield (not in this demo)
F1: Show Game Information
F4: Full Screen/Windowed
F9: Screenshot
Esc: End Game/Close Game Information

(I suggest that you place your index finger on C and also use it for D, F and V; your middle finger on X and also use it for S; your ring finger on Z and also use it for A (both of those keys won't do anything yet))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 11:14:55 pm by Sahittam »
Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda <Name not chosen ...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 11:25:17 pm »
This is a really nice demo; the bow/arrow and bomb handing were done really well. The smoke effects for rolling and the chimney were also pretty neat to see. It was a little painful to walk outside and have everything slow down though, but beyond that, nice job.

gm112

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 02:04:47 am »
It's really nice for a demo. The only problem I had with it is the huge slow down with the outside map. Oh, and when Link picks up jars try to put in a .5 second delay with disabling the controls.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 06:03:00 am »
  • Xiphirx
What was this made in? It looks really good :3
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 06:26:43 am »
Downloading now... it will take me a million hours do to super slow internet... but I'll fix up my reply later. :p just wanted to comment so you knew I was looking.

Yeah, I'm also curious as to what it is made in...
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 06:29:06 am »
It kind of looks like it was made in Game Maker, but I wasn't sure. Anyway, you could probably fix the slow-down in the game speed by deactivating objects in the area outside the view + a little buffer room - assuming that you used Game Maker.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 06:32:58 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
It's definitely GM, given the slowdown in the overworld (issue with having a one room overworld).

Looks like a good fangame though ^_^ good work
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 06:53:38 am »
Demo looks awesome very smooth and such. I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes along. I wish you luck in attaining that illustrious position of having completed a Zelda fan game.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 08:32:33 am »
Thank you all for your nice comments. :)

It's really nice for a demo. The only problem I had with it is the huge slow down with the outside map. Oh, and when Link picks up jars try to put in a .5 second delay with disabling the controls.

Do you mean after he picked it up? Yes, I could do that.

What was this made in? It looks really good :3

This was made in Game Maker 7.

It kind of looks like it was made in Game Maker, but I wasn't sure. Anyway, you could probably fix the slow-down in the game speed by deactivating objects in the area outside the view + a little buffer room - assuming that you used Game Maker.

Well, I'm doing that already! And it is still slow! But I don't consider this a real problem for the finished game because when this will be finished (in about 10 years) there will be much faster computers around. It is a problem for demos though... I'll see what I can do about it.

Demo looks awesome very smooth and such. I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes along. I wish you luck in attaining that illustrious position of having completed a Zelda fan game.

Thank you, and I'm confident that I will finish this (even if it will take 20 years), simply because I don't have the intention to stop this, and because it is fun to create it.

So, yeah, see you all in 10 years :P.

gm112

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 10:15:26 am »
Do you mean after he picked it up? Yes, I could do that.
Like, you'd hit "x" temporarily and disable the controls for about .5 seconds. Because I would walk around and the pickup animation wouldn't finish on time. If you play your demo, you'd see what I mean ;-).
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 10:34:52 am »
This runs quite nicely actually. And what are you guys complaining about slowdown for? It didn't miss a beat for me.
One thing I noticed was when you got on the right angle to an octorok, you only have to swing your sword once, it gets hit twice and dies. you probably need a slight delay in there.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 10:44:47 am »
Like, you'd hit "x" temporarily and disable the controls for about .5 seconds. Because I would walk around and the pickup animation wouldn't finish on time. If you play your demo, you'd see what I mean ;-).

Ah, yes, now I see what you mean and I've fixed it right away. Thank you for pointing this out.

One thing I noticed was when you got on the right angle to an octorok, you only have to swing your sword once, it gets hit twice and dies. you probably need a slight delay in there.

Weird, actually that can't happen... Just for this problem I have programmed that an attack can only hit a monster once. Then they will ignore each other... Maybe you pressed C several times or you were doing a spin attack?

Edit: I tried it too, and think you pressed C two times. If you do that it may look like the octoroc was hit twice with one attack when it really are two. But I agree, there should be more delay there.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:51:20 am by Sahittam »
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 01:27:14 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
That was nice, but what up with those rupees?  Could you not use the MC ones?
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 05:03:57 pm »
I agree, the original rupees look better and fit well with the style. The ones you used are kinda plain. Overall this is a very nice game. I like the feel of Link's movement and you seemed to get it down with the speed. Very nice overall. I did experience the same slow down outside of the house.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 09:07:48 pm »
This is awesome. Makes me wanna make my own zelda game, may start with that as fast as im done with my current project. Keep it up!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 09:59:02 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Wow, I really like this. I found Link to be a bit slow, and the boomerang to be a bit slow, and (As other have said) a slowdown outside, but otherwise this is really really good.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Broojo02

Derp
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 10:38:39 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
I have less than 512mb of RAM so the game goes reaally slowly outside but aside from that it is a solid release and I like the daylight system.

As for a name, I propose: "The lampshade of real significance"  :P
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 01:50:39 pm »
That was nice, but what up with those rupees?  Could you not use the MC ones?

Ok, I will do that.

Hehe, tell me, did you read the picture frames in the house?  XD

Broojo02

Derp
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 05:27:03 pm »
  • Faster horsey!

Hehe, tell me, did you read the picture frames in the house?  XD
[/quote]

Lol, I just did XD

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 08:27:12 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Quite nice. I do have a few problems with it, though.

For one, tiling issues abound:

That's distracting.

Also, like everyone else said, the massive slowdown in the overworld is annoying. I had to close out a lot of programs I had open for it to be bearable. Also, it slows down even more when there is more than one enemy on screen.

And on a more minor note, you don't have to hyphenate location names. Hylia-Lake is the same as Hylia Lake.

Other than that, excellent demo.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 74 queries.