Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Canceled] The Legend of Zelda <you will never know the name>  (Read 11928 times)

Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda <Name not chosen ...
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 09:06:31 pm »
Source, that doesnt happen to me. The boundings is perfect for me.
:O
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 09:50:21 pm »
Doesn't happen to me either, but I remember I had trouble with the text engine in the old CP doing something similar on my laptop.

Also, the overworld doesn't slow down dammnit :P
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 10:13:39 pm »
I wonder what everyone means with overworld slows down ;O
Its exactly the same as inside the house >..< Atleast theres nothing different for me, i think :o

Broojo02

Derp
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 11:32:22 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
I noticed a few graphical errors and lines in my game, I think the worse PC you have the more glitches and slowdown you get.

This game is a secret plot to get us to buy better computers  8)
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 09:26:45 pm »
So, it's time for the first update!

During the last week I have been working much on the overworld and on a sidequest, which includes a stealth mission. Some screens:

In those screenshots the monsters you have to sneak past haven't been placed yet, but I've started programming them already. You can move those crates and pots around to expand your cover locations, but the monsters had better not see you doing so. Also, making sound (e.g. when rolling) isn't advisable as well, if you don't want to be caught. Of course, this is a rather easy stealth mission, since it is availible very early in the game, so you won't have to do it the perfect way, with shifting all crates and so on.

After I will have completed that, I will start working on the first dungeon, so the next update will be about that, I guess.

Oh, and I'll try to update each month at least once, and I'll never cancel it without telling it here, so you can be quite sure I'll still be working on it if I don't post something for a while.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 10:43:18 pm »
  • Xiphirx
So, it's time for the first update!

During the last week I have been working much on the overworld and on a sidequest, which includes a stealth mission. Some screens:

In those screenshots the monsters you have to sneak past haven't been placed yet, but I've started programming them already. You can move those crates and pots around to expand your cover locations, but the monsters had better not see you doing so. Also, making sound (e.g. when rolling) isn't advisable as well, if you don't want to be caught. Of course, this is a rather easy stealth mission, since it is availible very early in the game, so you won't have to do it the perfect way, with shifting all crates and so on.

After I will have completed that, I will start working on the first dungeon, so the next update will be about that, I guess.

Oh, and I'll try to update each month at least once, and I'll never cancel it without telling it here, so you can be quite sure I'll still be working on it if I don't post something for a while.

Nice :3 This looks really good.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 10:43:47 pm »
wowy looks amazing
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 04:53:23 pm »
Thank you all for your replies! They're really encouraging. :D
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 05:54:53 pm »
Apart from this game having shiny graphics, bells and whistles and stuff... may I ask what makes this game different from the rest?

No offense intended, I am just curios :3
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 08:00:30 pm »
Of course you may ask... but I'm not going to reveal those things, not in near future.  :P
And anyway my intention is not to make a game different from the rest, but simply produce a game I'd like to play.
I'm not making this game to impress anyone with all the unique features it has, I'm making it only because I like developing it, and I thought the people here might like to see it...
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 09:43:36 pm »
That makes sense there :3

As long as what you are doing is making you happy is all that matters, I wish you luck on your progress and future development :)
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 10:41:40 am »
A great demo and one of the most complete engines I've seen here in years. The big slowdown that most people experience has something to do with the enemies. Because after I killed all the enemies in a single room, my fps raised a lot. A quick side note about the engine itself! pressing c twice cancels the sword slash animation and start it again. I think you should do that you pressing it several times does nothing.
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 04:22:01 pm »
I don't know why, but I just had a really strong desire to update, so I guess I will,... even though I don't have that many new things done... I'll just tell you things I've planned or implemented before...

Like I've said I started making the first dungeon,... but after mapping three rooms I got bored and did a few other things... I'll do the dungeon later, when I need it...

Anyway, here's a screenshot; looks familiar?

(Yay! Finally a screenshot that looks different from the rest!)

Yes, the first dungeon is the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time, but since we're several hundred years later, the Temple is partly caved in, and instead of some rooms, there will be forest areas, like this one:

Some of you might have noticed that in Link's house time stopped. Like in Ocarina of Time. I've decided to stop time in interiors and villages, so that NPCs can have a daily routine, and that they don't appear or vanish when you're standing right next to them. I think you understand that I don't want to script every NPCs walking pattern. Another advantage of this time system is that I can block some areas at night (or day) without the NPCs throwing you out of their houses.

Also I would like to ask something:
The Hyrule Castle Town tiles made for the last Community Project are absolutely amazing! They  produce just the right atmosphere for the Hyrule Castle Town I have in mind, so I would like to ask if I could use them.
I could of course use Minish Cap houses, but I think these are much better!

[...] pressing c twice cancels the sword slash animation and start it again. I think you should do that you pressing it several times does nothing.

I think it is just right the way it is. It's like it is in Minish Cap, try it out! And if there are no slowdowns, then the sword animation will be almost finished, before you can press C again.
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2009, 09:52:16 pm »
  • Pichuscute
It should be fine to use those tiles. It is the community project after all.
Anyway, those screenies look awesome. Keep making this game. =)
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2009, 11:21:19 am »
Sorry for gravedigging, especially since this is not an update, but today this project celebrates it's first birthday!

As a birthday present I'll release the Game Maker File of the project as it was exactly one year ago. Check attachments, ... or don't, because it's really not worth downloading.

At this time I still wanted to have a time system like in Majora's Mask, except it would be repeated like in The Shadowgazer, but not only three days, but four weeks, each week another season, which would influence things a lot too. I discarded this idea very soon, for obvious reasons, and went back to a nice normal day/night system with only two states of NPCs.

Soooo, next year I'll release the source code as it is now? Well, maybe a new demo, ... if even that much...

Edit: Removed the useless source file to avoid confusion.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 03:52:46 pm by Sahittam »
[Canceled] The Legend of Zelda <You will never k...
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 10:23:25 pm »
So... where do I start?
It's cancelled. :'( There you have it. But it died long ago.

Lately, every time I loaded up the gmk I just felt completely overwhelmed. There was just so much in it and it wasn't organized at all; and seeing that just made me lose any motivation I might still have had when I clicked to open the file. So after months of doing barely anything in it I finally decided to officially cancel it.

Why do I even tell you this? Well, it just feels more final to do so, than just forget about it. And somewhere I said, that if I ever cancelled it, I would write about it here. So I'm keeping my promise...

Probably no one cares that this is dead, because you all have forgotten about it; and that is not surprising. After all you don't know anything about the story, the world, the characters, ... and there are so many other things you don't know. And all these things - story, characters - they were there, and they were absolutely brilliant in my opinion. It's a shame that you're never going to see what I have planned.

Or wait, ... are you?

Those ideas I had about the game are just too good to let them die. And that's why I want to restart the project, this time with a team, a new, better engine, and a smaller world. Just not ... now ...

At the moment, I just don't have enough time to do a thing like this. But some day, ... maybe I will ...

In the meantime, I have uploaded the source file of the project as it is now. Check it out on the download page of my project in the Projects section. But look for it in the Scrapped category :'(.

However, I heavily discourage you from using that engine for creating a own game. It's hard to use, has crappy performance, is badly infested by bugs, and: you're not gonna learn anything by using a premade engine!
But you can use it to look up, how I have done things, if you don't get that particular feature of your own engine to work. But please, for your own good, only look at the more advanced stuff. I can't even begin to describe how bad the basics are coded.

Or you could look at it to see some of the things you didn't see in the demo.

Oh yeah, I guess this has to be moved...

Anyway, have fun with the corpse, and thank you all for your support,
Sahittam

PS: The NPC texts and some other things are in German.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:49:30 pm by Sahittam »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 68 queries.