Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: best DS rpgs?  (Read 6369 times)

Re: best DS rpgs?
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 04:06:17 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
That would actually be VI
I think that's his point.

V is definitely deserving of a remake, it's my second favourite Final Fantasy!  Haven't beaten it, though.  Got stuck at Bahamut 'cause I didn't feel like leveling up a bunch just to get past his Giga Flare attack.
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 05:17:54 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
@ Garoth Moulinoski  Kaguya Nanbu wouldn't be your reason for liking the game would she ;)

Nah. After a couple of times, looking at her bouncing around in her special just becomes another thing. The story just propels itself, like the old Final Fantasy stories (FFIX, FFI in a ways) used to do.

That would actually be VI
I think that's his point.

V is definitely deserving of a remake, it's my second favourite Final Fantasy!  Haven't beaten it, though.  Got stuck at Bahamut 'cause I didn't feel like leveling up a bunch just to get past his Giga Flare attack.

Can't you cast reflect and have him beat himself up? I remember being able to do that, although I beat FFV so long ago... I mean, the GBA version wasn't even announced and I think the PSX version had just come out when I was playing it or when I beat it.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 07:32:59 pm »
  • ZFGC veteran
I'm sorry but I must ask why was the FF V protagonist called Butz in the US? Was it the same in japan?

Disappearing at random intervals for long periods of time since ezboard. (look I finally fixed the spelling error!)
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 07:35:46 pm »
I'm sorry but I must ask why was the FF V protagonist called Butz in the US? Was it the same in japan?
I'm pretty sure it's Bartz, unless you played the fan translated version of it for SNES, 'cause that one never made it to US shores.
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 08:15:54 pm »
  • ZFGC veteran
Yeah I've replayed all those snes games with a fan translation. so much better than the original (same goes for the chrono trigger translation).

Disappearing at random intervals for long periods of time since ezboard. (look I finally fixed the spelling error!)
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 09:01:59 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
I'm pretty sure it's Bartz, unless you played the fan translated version of it for SNES, 'cause that one never made it to US shores.

Well, in the Dissidia website, I see his name, written in kana, as バッツ, which directly romanticized is Battsu. On the Dissidia website they also have their names in English atop the kana and it reads Butz.

Therefore, the "correct" spelling is Butz... But as with Cefca being the correct spelling for Kefka, I doubt many outside of Japan really like Cefca as the spelling... and Butz sounds like butts [insert immature jokes from people who just got it]... In the US, I remember seeing his name as Bartz.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 09:14:31 pm »

Well, in the Dissidia website, I see his name, written in kana, as バッツ, which directly romanticized is Battsu. On the Dissidia website they also have their names in English atop the kana and it reads Butz.

Therefore, the "correct" spelling is Butz... But as with Cefca being the correct spelling for Kefka, I doubt many outside of Japan really like Cefca as the spelling... and Butz sounds like butts [insert immature jokes from people who just got it]... In the US, I remember seeing his name as Bartz.

When something smells, it's usually the Butz.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 09:19:51 pm »
  • ZFGC veteran
wow Super Robot Taisen OG saga endless frontier owns. The story is awesome and the dialog is hilarious. (and your standard boob jokes every 10 lines as it is in standard anime fassion) This has to be the best rpg I've played in a few years.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 12:21:30 am by Link Hero of Time »

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 12:44:21 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Since games that aren't out yet seem to count here, GOLDEN SUN DS! Hey, it's slated for 2010! YEAH! For those that are out, FF3 and FF4 DS (good remakes!). And... ummm... yeah... *runs*

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009, 12:52:51 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
holy !@#$%, off topic, but hey Mirby :D
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2009, 01:48:30 am »
  • ZFGC veteran
Since games that aren't out yet seem to count here, GOLDEN SUN DS! Hey, it's slated for 2010! YEAH! For those that are out, FF3 and FF4 DS (good remakes!). And... ummm... yeah... *runs*
uh... but ... and I already have all those on my list... and a.... <_< whatever. hey, mirby

Looks like a Dragon Quest IX is coming out for the DS this year (in japan that is)
SaGa 2 (square game) is also coming out in japan (graphics similar to DQ monsters: joker)

uh although the title SaGa 2 doesn't make any sense there have been 11 Saga games I think it's supposed to be Final Fantasy Legend II
(a recap for those unaware of these mostly japan released games http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44554.html )
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 01:54:05 am by Link Hero of Time »

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2009, 06:40:32 am »
Yea!  The SaGa games on the Gameboy were great!!  The ones on the Playstation were a bit less than great...
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 01:23:43 pm »
  • ZFGC veteran
but... most people liked 1 and 3 better than 2, And I don't see that 1 came out for the DS in Japan.

(just added The World Ends With You to my list)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 04:21:28 pm by Link Hero of Time »

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 11:29:23 pm »
but... most people liked 1 and 3 better than 2, And I don't see that 1 came out for the DS in Japan.

(just added The World Ends With You to my list)
They remade 1 for the Wonderswan, so the didn't feel like updating it again.
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 03:15:56 am »
  • ZFGC veteran
Sigh I don't read moonspeak though and Aeon Genesis trashed the Wonderswan translation of Saga 1 :/.   Same when it comes to Saga 2 DS they won't bring it here because they didn't bring the remake of the first one here. lol I geuss you could hold your gameboy, running FF legend 2, next to Saga 2 DS in japanese.... then again Saga 2 DS is in 3D so it would be confusing... (besides those old translations kind of sucked anyway)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 03:18:39 am by Link Hero of Time »

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 08:06:36 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Sorry about that. Sometimes I can be too lazy to even read topics that are 2 pages long. Meh, at least you agreed. And I can't wait for DQ9. Not sure if the NA title has been announced, but if memory serves the jap title roughly translates (I say roughly so if its close I still win) to Guard of the Starry Night, or something like that.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 08:46:25 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I'm not sure I already mentioned this in this thread, but is Disgaea considered an RPG although it is mainly a tactics game?
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2009, 03:03:57 am »
Disgaea is a "tactical RPG" like the Final Fantasy Tactics games.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 71 queries.

anything