Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally playing Twilight Princess  (Read 10356 times)

Re: Finally playing Twilight Princess
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 07:35:11 am »
I strongly dislike being an animal. ... so. I have yet to beat it. I don't like Minda either. Maybe I'm not giving the game a chance. I dunno. I'll see. I'm going to start playing again soon. Maybe.

Damn I really liked being the wolf, but that had more to with the Twilight Realm than the wolf form. I thought Hyrule in twilight form is more beautiful than its light form counter part. I really thought it was bad that the twilight form got replaced by the light form. Maybe they should have used the 2 worlds theme again. And don't say
Show content
in the end you could go to the real Twilight Realm, home to Midna. Because that twilight realm is a meager rip off, of Hyrule's twilight form.
My most favorite part in the game is
Show content
going through Hyrule Castle covered in Twilight.
It had such an ambiance and feel, it made me shiver.
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 08:50:57 am »
I strongly dislike being an animal. ... so. I have yet to beat it. I don't like Minda either. Maybe I'm not giving the game a chance. I dunno. I'll see. I'm going to start playing again soon. Maybe.

Damn I really liked being the wolf, but that had more to with the Twilight Realm than the wolf form. I thought Hyrule in twilight form is more beautiful than its light form counter part. I really thought it was bad that the twilight form got replaced by the light form. Maybe they should have used the 2 worlds theme again. And don't say
Show content
in the end you could go to the real Twilight Realm, home to Midna. Because that twilight realm is a meager rip off, of Hyrule's twilight form.
My most favorite part in the game is
Show content
going through Hyrule Castle covered in Twilight.
It had such an ambiance and feel, it made me shiver.
I had a save file on my friend's wii, I remember the first few times I detested the twilight areas of the game. Looking back now though, I realize how well they were designed compared to the light world. Not to mention the colours were rather beautiful, it was the music that got on my nerves though.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 10:57:35 am »
I should go play TP front to back soon. It is a pretty good game. But yeah I really feel the series need a boost. We want really good graphics, voice-acting etc. I really missed that in TP.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 03:08:22 pm »
I need to pick up the collector's edition again, and keep it this time. Maybe I'll actually finish Zelda 1, play Zelda 2 for more than five minutes, and I WILL be playing Majora's Mask.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 06:36:22 pm »
I should go play TP front to back soon. It is a pretty good game. But yeah I really feel the series need a boost. We want really good graphics, voice-acting etc. I really missed that in TP.

OMFG NO, no voice-acting beyond that which is do already. Giving a voice and words to Link is like giving an identity to Link. And the best part of Link is that he has no identity and you can determine his identity for him.

A counter argument might be then to give the other characters voice-acting and not Link. But how stupid that would sound if the other characters are talking and Link doesn't say anything back. It is already on the edge with just the textboxes.
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 07:01:28 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
A counter argument might be then to give the other characters voice-acting and not Link. But how stupid that would sound if the other characters are talking and Link doesn't say anything back. It is already on the edge with just the textboxes.

The Legend of Zelda: Half-Life

I don't like when they let you name the character...then use voice acting for everything. Didn't like it about Fallout 3, didn't like it about Oblivion...quite frankly if I call myself "Fartshickcockface" I want people in game to address me as "Fartshickcockface". I know all the 'cool kids' fear reading words nowadays, but that people are stupid should never be an excuse for being stupid.
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 09:51:09 pm »
Yeah just giving everyone voice-acting and not Link is fine. A lot of games do it and it's not considered silly at all that the protagonist doesn't say anything back. And they should get rid of the naming your character !@#$%. Everyone will just call him Link - done >_> The only thing you can name is a saveslot or something.  :-\
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 09:57:07 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I always liked seeing my name in the game ^^ 'twas a simple minded and childish joy and something in me (possibly my innocence) will die if they removed it :(
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 10:23:01 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I always liked seeing my name in the game ^^ 'twas a simple minded and childish joy and something in me (possibly my innocence) will die if they removed it :(

Or putting in "Fagballs" and watching the character say that.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 05:02:09 am »
This is off topic, but did anyone else think it was STUPID AS HELL that in FFX you could name your character so in FFX-2, Tidus was never actually called Tidus just in case you named him something else in the first game? !@#$% pissed me off. FFX-2 was terrible enough.

ANYWAY. I picked up Twilight Princess again today. Working my way through the water temple. lol
  • My Photostream

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 06:45:14 pm »
I JUST got to Lake Hylia and have two insects killed already. My brother played through the fire and water temples, so this is a new experience for me.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 08:35:03 pm »
  • The Mike
Twilight Princess could have included at least an orchestrated soundtrack since they probably did have time to do that while doing Galaxy's track. I really hated replaying the game but had the unexpected urge to play it again which is not often. Why can't developers make games hard anymore!?

The Legend of Zelda: Half-Life

I don't like when they let you name the character...then use voice acting for everything. Didn't like it about Fallout 3, didn't like it about Oblivion...quite frankly if I call myself "Fartshickcockface" I want people in game to address me as "Fartshickcockface". I know all the 'cool kids' fear reading words nowadays, but that people are stupid should never be an excuse for being stupid.
If anything, there should just be a set of pre-select names to choose from that they have voices for and such. If you chose, Gerardo for example, they'd say that or even Michael or Tyler, etc. Hopefully they'd be in-sync of course.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 08:00:26 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.

I always name Link after me. I rarely ever call him Link, and if I do, it's for another playthrough which I leave undone after the first dungeon.

Voice overs were done for the US (and I suppose, European) release of Dragon Quest and I was impressed how they managed to work around the naming thing by just not saying your name and the message still sounded coherent. In DQ Swords, you were given a nickname although I suppose in Japanese, it would have been easier to make characters say your name... Hmm.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 02:04:36 am »
  • My Other Drug is Triforce.
I still have yet to play it, I've never really liked the 3D zelda games, the controls tend to get annoying to me.  But the storylines seemed top notch.
Maybe I'm playing it wrong!
to zelda
sweet as nutella
  • Skymist
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 12:24:44 pm »
Hmm... The controls aren't bad at all, I think. There might be a few teeny tiny things that could have better, at times (nothing I can think of off the top of my head right now), but nothing terrible.

I just beat Shadow of the Colossus. Try that out for horrible control/camera experience. Woo.

• Super Smash Karts
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 02:49:47 pm »
  • My Other Drug is Triforce.
Hmm... The controls aren't bad at all, I think. There might be a few teeny tiny things that could have better, at times (nothing I can think of off the top of my head right now), but nothing terrible.

I just beat Shadow of the Colossus. Try that out for horrible control/camera experience. Woo.
Oh God, bad memories right there, I couldn't even beat the first boss.  Like once I figured out how to move around on him, I fell off.
to zelda
sweet as nutella
  • Skymist

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 08:35:34 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Oh God, bad memories right there, I couldn't even beat the first boss.  Like once I figured out how to move around on him, I fell off.

O.o? I beat SotC no probs lol... I had virtually no issues with the camera or anything O_O
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2009, 02:03:37 pm »
Which version did you play? My game's camera kept getting in the way (as in, I'm trying to figure where I am but all I'm seeing is the guy's crotch or head), the horse would, on occasions, move to the sides without me telling it to.

• Super Smash Karts

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2009, 10:46:06 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Which version did you play? My game's camera kept getting in the way (as in, I'm trying to figure where I am but all I'm seeing is the guy's crotch or head), the horse would, on occasions, move to the sides without me telling it to.

Mine did the same, but I didn't really have any issues with the camera and stuff o.0 odd...

Anyway; in TP I'm at the arbiters ground. I haven't had much time to play it though :S
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2009, 06:41:39 pm »
  • w00t
I actually don't have any consoles newer than an N64, so I haven't been able to play through TP yet.  I played an hour of it at my friend's house, but that's it.  I did enjoy what little I played at least.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 75 queries.

anything