Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally playing Twilight Princess  (Read 10357 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Finally playing Twilight Princess
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 02:30:01 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I actually don't have any consoles newer than an N64, so I haven't been able to play through TP yet.  I played an hour of it at my friend's house, but that's it.  I did enjoy what little I played at least.

Yeah that's somewhat my issue; I sold my gamecube the day TP came out, and I don't own a wii :p

Either way, the first couple of hours into the game SUCK ASS, so if you enjoyed that I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest XD
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2009, 06:43:42 pm »
Are you playing TP on an emulator then? And if so which?

BTW I started Wind Waker once again. Just finished
Show content
dragging Makar all over the Wind Temple
. Now I'm at the actual exploring part and
Show content
the treasure hunt for triforce shards
. I think after I've clobbered Ganondorf to dust I pick up TP again.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2009, 07:03:28 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Are you playing TP on an emulator then? And if so which?

BTW I started Wind Waker once again. Just finished
Show content
dragging Makar all over the Wind Temple
. Now I'm at the actual exploring part and
Show content
the treasure hunt for triforce shards
. I think after I've clobbered Ganondorf to dust I pick up TP again.

Nah, the house I live in now has one lol its my roommates

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2009, 09:29:35 pm »
  • With a Capital G
Either way, the first couple of hours into the game SUCK ASS, so if you enjoyed that I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest XD

Yeah... the intro sets a good mood and shows off great animation. But normally in Zelda games you've got your first sword in about 10 minutes tops and when I started Twilight Princess
Show content
within two hours it was doing fetch-quests and all I had was a damn fishing rod
. The game got much better after that but it still seemed a bit stretched out and took a while to get to the real meat of it.
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2009, 10:45:49 pm »
Like with all Zelda games, I started playing it, gave up after a few days.... six months later picked it up and beat it in a week or so.

I'm eager to play MM again, now that it's out on the Shop Channel. I need to download it, I might do it today.

TP was great though. I do honestly, fear playing it on the Wii though.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2009, 11:41:28 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I should go play TP front to back soon. It is a pretty good game. But yeah I really feel the series need a boost. We want really good graphics, voice-acting etc. I really missed that in TP.

OMFG NO, no voice-acting beyond that which is do already. Giving a voice and words to Link is like giving an identity to Link. And the best part of Link is that he has no identity and you can determine his identity for him.

A counter argument might be then to give the other characters voice-acting and not Link. But how stupid that would sound if the other characters are talking and Link doesn't say anything back. It is already on the edge with just the textboxes.

Exactly. I'd pretty much detest any Zelda game with voice acting for Link. It would just ruin it for me.

As for TP, it does start out slow and there are a few parts in the game that seem sort of loooooong. Still, if you don't expect it to be better than some of the more classic Zelda games, namly OOT, then I think it's a good solid game. I've played through TP 2 times and I'm planning on picking it up again this summer. btw, some of TP's boss battles are wicked sick!
  • My Music

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2009, 09:46:34 am »
  • With a Capital G

The controls have been discussed hundreds of times before so I'll spare you that, except to say I didn't mind them at all. Going from a sword button to waggle will suck but it deserves a fair chance.

Actually I just tried the GameCube version a little while ago and already I like the "proper" orientation better. So I'm betting that if one tries the Wii version second, the world layout wouldn't feel right.
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2009, 10:46:09 am »
I really enjoyed playing Twilight Princess and it's one of my favorite Zelda games!
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2009, 01:15:57 pm »

I didn't really mind. I actually enjoyed it. The fishing and sword fighting seemed so much more real with the Wii controls. Especially the final fight against
Show content
Ganondorf on Hyrule field in the circle of fire
had me completely immersed. I didn't just waved the wiimote around anymore. I actually stood up and started to act as Link did. I probably looked very stupid, but I don't mind because it was a great experience, especially the
Show content
sword rubbing between Link and Ganondorf.

But the only way that will work is, if you completely free your mind from any prejudice towards Wii controls and completely forget the world around you. And let the game just take over.
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2009, 01:51:31 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
sword rubbing between Link and ___________

...Hahaha. Sorry. X3

But the only way that will work is, if you completely free your mind from any prejudice towards Wii controls and completely forget the world around you. And let the game just take over.

I'm pretty sure people have had that happen to them while playing the other Zelda games. I loved exploring the world the in Legend of Zelda (and thankfully, text was short so the game went by fast, if you wanted it to). I'd play Link's Awakening for hours on end without realizing it was dark outside.

Still, the Wii controls aren't terrible. I only bought the Wii version because I already had a save file from it from the time I borrowed it.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2009, 11:58:28 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
i like twilight princess but the wolf stuff kinda annoys me. I dont really care for phantom hourglass at all and i have a feeling that spirit tracks will upset me as well
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree

Raen

Are you retarded or something?
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2009, 04:12:12 am »
  • I'm the gosh-darn Batman!
I'm a little late to the party here, but thought I'd pipe in and rekindle the discussion a little anyway (a week since the last post, but one of the top topics in Gaming and Entertainment, kinda sad).

So, I like TP. I really do, and I really want to love it, but I don't. I've spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out why I don't love it as much as I do Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, but I think I may have figured it out the other day. In Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker (my favorite Zelda games), there is a certain level of. . . man, describing this is hard, but I'd call it "whimsy" or maybe "innocence". I feel like that is what makes Zelda feel so huge and epic: Link is this young, innocent kid who gets pulled into this huge, world-saving adventure. TP doesn't have that; Link is already fairly old, probably an adult (albeit he's probably like 16 or 17, but still), and he's already learned a lot about the world. This kind of dawned on me when I was trying to figure out why the TP world didn't feel very large; I mean, technically it's the biggest of all the games. I realized it's due to Link's age. He already understands a lot about how the world works, and that makes things no feel so awe-inspiring big.

Anyway, I do really like TP. Just not as much as Wind Waker or Ocarina of Time. (Also, I think the dungeons are too long. I don't like having to play for a minimum of 2 hours if I want to finish a dungeon, I like relatively digestible dungeons, but lots of them).

www.myspace.com/applesofidunn

And yes, this is Acid Rain.
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2009, 06:44:08 am »
Link in TP is of the same age as Link in TWW and adult Link in OOT. And the only world knowledge that Link has in TP is that of Ordon Village. Because in the beginning it is mentioned that Link has to bring a present (the shield) to the Royal Family and that that would be the first time he would venture into Hyrule. Considering that there is no access pass to neighbouring lands, means that he has never been beyond the boundaries of the outer Village area. Or at least Ordon Province.

Also the dungeons in TP are of similar length to OOT and TWW. The puzzles are a lot more difficult. In OOT and TWW, when there was an bump in the wall or something had a different drawing on it, it was  immediate considered to be part of a puzzle. And the same pattern else where meant also a part of the puzzle. In TP special patterns and bumps, don't necessarily mean they are a part of the puzzle. In one room it is part of the puzzle in another it is just decorations. That is why the dungeons seem longer, but they are of the same length.
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2009, 06:59:15 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Link in TP is of the same age as Link in TWW...

?.... really? Adult Link in OoT, yes, but Link is a really young boy in TWW, and it's not just the cell shaded graphics, he is young. Anyway, I agree with the rest of your statement (which I did not quote), but I don't understand where you came up with this. Educate me?
  • My Music

Raen

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2009, 03:22:33 pm »
Yeah, tWW Link is 12, whereas TP Link is 16 or 17. I don't know where you got that.

As for dungeon length, all I know is it takes me 1 hour tops to get through a dungeon in TWW, and in OoT it takes maybe 1.2 hours or so. In TP, it almost always takes me 2 to 2.5 hours, and this isn't because I don't understand the dungeons/puzzles already.

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2009, 07:21:35 am »

?.... really? Adult Link in OoT, yes, but Link is a really young boy in TWW, and it's not just the cell shaded graphics, he is young. Anyway, I agree with the rest of your statement (which I did not quote), but I don't understand where you came up with this. Educate me?

It is not a fact. I have never been able to find an official statement about the exact age of Link in TWW. But it is stated that the Game begins with Link's Birthday and him becoming of age. This 'becoming of age' is something I have always associated (no matter where or what story) with the ages 16 or 17, just before adulthood.

You might want to say that Link is to small for that, but do consider that most people aren't fullgrown at the age of 16. Additionally Tetra's crew had some characters of smaller height than Link. Link is also a lot taller than the 'Killer Bees'. And the size of Link only becomes apparent in villages with other adults. You hardly notices next to a monster.

But like I said, I've never seen an official statement about his age in TWW and it is more of an association.
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2009, 07:32:50 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

It is not a fact. I have never been able to find an official statement about the exact age of Link in TWW. But it is stated that the Game begins with Link's Birthday and him becoming of age. This 'becoming of age' is something I have always associated (no matter where or what story) with the ages 16 or 17, just before adulthood.

You might want to say that Link is to small for that, but do consider that most people aren't fullgrown at the age of 16. Additionally Tetra's crew had some characters of smaller height than Link. Link is also a lot taller than the 'Killer Bees'. And the size of Link only becomes apparent in villages with other adults. You hardly notices next to a monster.

But like I said, I've never seen an official statement about his age in TWW and it is more of an association.

Hm, that is interesting. I never really noticed that about Tetra's crew and the Killer Bee's before.
  • My Music
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2009, 03:23:02 pm »
  • ZFGC veteran
haha wow YOU ARE JUST NOW PLAYING IT!? actually I haven't played it yet either <_< I lack a Wii  ::)

Disappearing at random intervals for long periods of time since ezboard. (look I finally fixed the spelling error!)

Raen

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2009, 04:54:50 pm »

Link is TWW is a kid Link, not an adult Link and he's 12. The trophy for Toon Link in SSBB says so.

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2009, 07:02:38 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Link is TWW is a kid Link, not an adult Link and he's 12. The trophy for Toon Link in SSBB says so.

Yay, it's official! ... I kinda forgot why it mattered though.
  • My Music
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 75 queries.