Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Pokemon Gold/Silver Remakes Teased.  (Read 16115 times)

Pokemon Gold/Silver Remakes Teased.
« on: May 04, 2009, 03:29:39 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
http://kotaku.com/5238119/pokemon-remakes-take-gold-silver

Adding it all together, a teaser by Japan's Pokémon Sunday TV program points to an announcement next weekend that Pokémon Gold and Silver will be remade.

The tease, offered this weekend, said simply that Pokémon Sunday would have a "world-exclusive first announcement," on May 10 during the program's Pokémon Game Arena segment.

Oh, but there's what you say, and then there's how you say it. Or, more importantly, where you say it. In this case, it was said underneath two gold and silver confetti-filled balls. (depicted). Hmmmmmm. HMMMMMMMM. What could that mean?

From Bulbanews: "It is also theorized that Junichi Masuda will appear on the show to make the announcement, since he did so both last month and the month prior in regard to other game-related scoops."

As awesome as this sounds, in a way, I don't want it. If it's made classic, then yes, but if they insert all the stupid gameplay mechanics from the recent generations then no thank you.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
Re: Pokemon Gold/Silver Remakes Teased.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 03:50:14 am »
This will rule

the gameplay mechanics from the newer games are fine. I just hate how you can't put items in the PC now, Thats what i always did with my masterball so i wouldn't accidently use it.

I was also surprised when diamond didn't have a free potion in the PC at start.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 04:10:13 am »
  • Minalien
My ass. Bunch of pokermans hippies jumping to conclusions the second they see something that they want to believe hints toward something they want.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:12:28 am by Ken »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 06:27:54 am »
  • Silly cat!
This will rule

the gameplay mechanics from the newer games are fine. I just hate how you can't put items in the PC now, Thats what i always did with my masterball so i wouldn't accidently use it.

I was also surprised when diamond didn't have a free potion in the PC at start.
Really? I didn't even notice that feature was gone.

Personally, I want this game, and have wanted it for many moons passed.

Hoffy.

gm112

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 08:12:19 am »
katie

o rly, FISSURE.

The new gameplay doesn't necessarily bother me. I hope, though, that they do include a "legacy" mode where you can just play with the older system for nostalgia purposes. Online play should be pretty cool. I liked it in Diamond/Pearl.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 08:54:53 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
This can only be Justified by 3 words.

OH
!@#$%
YES!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 10:17:53 am »
w00t, i always loved gold and silver best out of all of them and finally they will be remade.
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 11:09:06 am »
I smell milk...

gm112

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 12:53:34 pm »
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 02:56:32 pm »
It would be nice, but is it true. I will just be patient and wait for the announcement next weekend. It would be pretty hilarious when it turns out it isn't a remake of gold an silver but a wii version of Stadium/Colosseum  :P Just be patient.
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 03:46:57 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
There's Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii already. I doubt that there'd be a remake of game that has already been "surpassed" or even remade, if you wanna argue that.

I just hope that Kanto is still in the remakes. Part of what I liked about Gold and Silver (and Crystal) was that you could go to Kanto and do the gyms out of order and then battle against the one character you supposedly played as in Red/Green/Blue/Yellow. I had nerdgasms when I battled him.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 03:49:08 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Kanto also doubled the game's size, which was totally awesome. I personally nerd-gasmed finding Lance at the Lake of Rage, and the battling him at the end :D The Gary/Ash battles were also really satisfying too... This game just takes me back to a really awesome time in my life. I remember playing it til Dawn!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 05:05:29 pm »
Awesome.  I played Diamond, Platinum didn't really appeal to me, but this will be gold, pun intended.
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 07:16:59 pm »
This can only be Justified by 3 words.

OH
!@#$%
YES!

\
Agree'd

I would buy a silver remake, it is my favorite of the pokemans.

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 08:14:27 pm »
  • The Mike
They should just make Crystal since it's the best of all of them in my opinion since you could catch all version exclusive Pokemon. Second Generation Pokemon is definitely the best of all Pokemon games for sure because it was so big compared to others.

There's not going to be anymore Pokemon games on the Wii apparently and I liked Colosseum. Pokemon Stadium is boss and there should be another one. Battle Revolution is like a gimped version compared to it and I personally loved the minigames in both 1 and 2. There really needs to be a Pokemon MMO!

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 08:22:43 pm »
They should just make Crystal since it's the best of all of them in my opinion since you could catch all version exclusive Pokemon. Second Generation Pokemon is definitely the best of all Pokemon games for sure because it was so big compared to others.
They'd probably include some Crystal enhancements, but they'd make 2 versions so that there's a need to trade.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 08:57:15 pm »
  • The Mike
They'd probably include some Crystal enhancements, but they'd make 2 versions so that there's a need to trade.
Of course, such as Battle Tower and the female character but that those were pretty much the only things new with it. I personally loved the Trainer House in Viridian City. I would alway fight my brother's Pokemon.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 11:00:45 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Of course, such as Battle Tower and the female character but that those were pretty much the only things new with it. I personally loved the Trainer House in Viridian City. I would alway fight my brother's Pokemon.

The trainer house was in Gold and Silver as well.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 12:05:37 am »
  • The Mike

The trainer house was in Gold and Silver as well.
I know, I was just saying I liked it.

• Zelda Eternity

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 11:32:26 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
!@#$% is hella confirmed, yo!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 74 queries.