Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEMO] pureLA Engine and OoTGB  (Read 23055 times)

Re: pureLA Engine and OoTGB
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2009, 01:48:52 pm »
  • alastair
this is looking fair decent. pity it's suffering the burst of he activity to eventual decline disease  :'(
  • alastair
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2009, 08:53:52 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
this is looking fair decent. pity it's suffering the burst of he activity to eventual decline disease  :'(

Yea, I check up on it every now and then, but Mammy's just been really busy, like he said. I for one will stick with this project because it's not just decent, this is the perfect gb Zelda engine (or it will be anyway)! imo ^_^
  • My Music

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2009, 02:03:49 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah I just moved into my new house + starting college :p A bit overburdening right now lol

Either way I've technically been working on this for like 5 years or so, I'm not about to abandon it any time soon

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2009, 08:50:12 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
UPDATTU!

Drewdelz has the sauce for now.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2009, 09:37:29 am »
  • .越//
UPDATTU!

Drewdelz has the sauce for now.

woa! a-pu-de-i-tu banzai! and yummy sauce ;P

ontopic: looks like you make a really proffessional engine through gamemaker here, are you going to make LA features only? or are you setting oracle features in there too? ( like a ring system or a "world warp" like feature )

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2009, 09:39:30 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Actually my intentions are to have it true to all GB/C zelda games :P

The menu system is set up just like the oracle games, and you're able to add anything in there you want pretty easily as it stands right now.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2009, 08:47:21 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I know I haven't updated this in ages, but I've decided to release a bit of the source up until a certain point of development. I had some more updates, however I can't find them for the life of me o.0;;...

Anyway, they'll be up when I get home in a couple of hours. I'm more or less bumping this so I'll remember at that point.

I'm going to have to ask that anyone who downloads the source does not use it in their projects (not that you can really *add* it to a project; you have to build the project off of it), and that it's used purely with the intention of adding on to it, and submitting scripts to help finish the engine.

If you have developed something you'd like to make a part of pureLA, please PM me with the following:

-Script Name
-Script Description
-Script Dependencies
-Where the script belongs in the pureLA family
-The name you'd like to be credited under

I do ask that you don't use any code that you've borrowed from another location. Original 'made-by-you' code only. Also, it's required that the script follows the conventions used throughout pureLA. This means- No dependencies outside of the category it falls under (IE octorok map engine scripts can have dependencies through that system, but not other systems), and if possible, single-script objects if objects are needed. This requires almost all script creation to be done with the pureLA engine handy for efficiency and ease-of-integration.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 09:11:13 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2009, 10:09:23 am »
Hurry up, I wanna take a look >:D

ohsi- I just realised you were making this in 6.1, though it shouldn't be a problem backwards compatibility wise if it only really uses scripts.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2009, 10:14:46 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Haha well it'll be up in about an hour :p

It'd be pretty easy to convert back to older versions. There are only a few GM6.x exclusive functions if I'm not mistaken, and I decided against using a large amount of object's for both that purpose and size constraints.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2009, 11:48:44 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay; it's attached to this post-
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2009, 09:38:39 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Okay; it's attached to this post-

Very nice! I doubt I'll ever do anything with it, but only because I don't plan on making any games in this style, and I've got this thing where I have to code my projects all on my own...

Anyway, I really REALLY like how good the controls feel and the sword actions. Amazing! And the coding is organized perfectly and everything is done like a pro. Good stuff here.
  • My Music

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2009, 08:53:04 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'm actually not getting as big of a response as I had hoped :P but any is better than none. I'd like to turn this into a collection of scripts built specifically for the engine, but it needs a bit bigger of a following D:
Re: [GM6 source] pureLA Engine and OoTGB
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2009, 09:53:52 am »
I use GM7, I don't know if that is a big problem. Secondly, I am also still working on the CP GM engine. And now I also have an internassignment to create and AI framework for a game. So I am rather busy, otherwise I probably would have helped a bit.
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2009, 10:26:33 am »
I'm actually not getting as big of a response as I had hoped :P but any is better than none. I'd like to turn this into a collection of scripts built specifically for the engine, but it needs a bit bigger of a following D:
oh yeah, I completely forgot about having a look at this. I might do now, actually.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2009, 10:45:22 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Let me know if you have any issues running it in GM7; there might be a few things in there that don't work due to drawing overhauls in 7, but it's worth a go :p
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2009, 12:23:02 pm »
Okay, I tested it for you, but I think there are some issues with the portability to GM7. I added a screenshot of my screen with the game running and the task manager opened. As you can see the CPU usage and Memory usage were pretty high and still rising at that moment. But I tested this on my laptop. I need to test this on my PC to see if it is the game or the laptop.

About the engine. That room is the only room I could enter. Had two link objects of which I could control only one, but I assume that one had to represent a NPC. Water and objects had no effect, there was no collisions and could walk over the trees. The drawing seemed fine, no issues there.

Oh yeah I also got an error when I was in the menu screen and pressed A. But I could just ignore it.
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2009, 04:18:06 pm »
Okay, I tested it for you, but I think there are some issues with the portability to GM7. I added a screenshot of my screen with the game running and the task manager opened. As you can see the CPU usage and Memory usage were pretty high and still rising at that moment

Yeah the Memory gradually was going up for me as well. About 1,000 K a second.

One small thing I noticed was that whenever the main Link object would swing the sword and move a little bit (about a pixel or so) the NPC would as well. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't full screen, but it's really noticeable when you use the spin attack.
  • https://colbydude.com

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: [Source (not demo >_<)] pureLA Engine and Oo...
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2009, 05:41:58 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah this source is before I solved the NPC moving issue; sadly I can't find any of my further updates.

I basically just copied over the one I sent to Drewdelz and uploaded it. There have been a few changes since then.

The memory issue is odd; I haven't a clue where it's at. It's one of the issues causing a halt in the development. I barely noticed it until later on in the development, but I've removed each individual engine to pinpoint it and it still continues :P

Also @ Neik - the engine was nowhere near finished :p I uploaded it due to lack of progress over the past few months, and want to see if other people are interested in contributing moreso than using it. Collisions, tile animations, etc are elements I intended to impliment later.

A lot of the stuff you'll see in that room ATM are WIP developments; so most of it is either horrible unfinished (IE the NPC), or still in the process of being worked out. It'd be better to check out the source itself than the actual room in use. Even the A button error was due to some changes in the inventory system. It was also corrected in the later revisions. If I'm not mistaken it's a very simple bit of test code in the inventory system.

I'll probably revise this source a little bit to remove the test elements in the main room; I probably should have checked out which revision it was before uploading it; I wasn't entirely sure how far back in development it was. Apparently it's about 3 revisions behind from the current.

O_O Also I just noticed the tag was changed to "[DEMO]" which is horribly misleading because this isn't a demo... It's released source. It's not meant to demonstrate anything D:...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:57:28 am by Mamoruanime »
Re: [DEMO] pureLA Engine and OoTGB
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2009, 06:17:47 am »
I don't know if this helps or not Mammy. I did find an odd font_add_sprite call on the draw event for the objController. I commented the first 3 lines out, and I didn't see a RAM increase after that. May be the problem.
  • Pyxosoft

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: [DEMO] pureLA Engine and OoTGB
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2009, 06:20:41 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Oh !@#$%, yeah that might be it.

I have a problem with not documenting a lot of my test code, so if I get sidetracked I tend to foget about it, or just forget to move it somewhere else, etc.

Good catch :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 74 queries.