Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Call of Duty game is inevitable,  (Read 4078 times)

Another Call of Duty game is inevitable,
« on: November 23, 2009, 11:07:06 pm »
And the next one is most likely being made by Treyarch. What would you want them to do to advance the Call of Duty series. Basically, what do you want Treyarch's next CoD game to be. Key word is Treyarch. Modern Warfare 3 and Infinity Ward can shut the !@#$% up for now. Those are the two taboo words. Go go go.
Re: Another Call of Duty game is inevitable,
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:18:00 pm »
I'm preying for the Falklands War <3

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 11:20:01 pm »
And the next one is most likely being made by Treyarch. What would you want them to do to advance the Call of Duty series. Basically, what do you want Treyarch's next CoD game to be. Key word is Treyarch. Modern Warfare 3 and Infinity Ward can shut the !@#$% up for now. Those are the two taboo words. Go go go.
Agreed. They are everywhere! Infinity, great game but please shut the **** up and let the game grow.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 11:33:50 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
*rolls eyes* Not much that can revolutionise the FPS genre nowadays. Maybe they'll actually add proper covering like in Rainbow Six Vegas? Still think that was one of the things truly missing from Modern Warfare.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 11:43:19 pm »
*rolls eyes* Not much that can revolutionise the FPS genre nowadays. Maybe they'll actually add proper covering like in Rainbow Six Vegas? Still think that was one of the things truly missing from Modern Warfare.

I actually hate those types of cover systems. It cuts in on the game play. I prefer just crouching behind walls or something like that.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 12:33:01 am »
  • b e p i s
World War I. Trench warfare. Machine guns.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 12:38:59 am »
@Dantz
My first thoughts exactly.

Another one I'd really want is an accurate representation of the Iraq War, which is why I was disappointed when they said no more 'Six Days in Fallujah'. Though I hear now they are saying they just need to look for a new publisher or something silly like that. If not the Gulf War, the obvious choice is the Cold War. That could be fun for a variety of campaigns. Vietnam War, Cuban Missile Crisis, even maybe some C.I.A. stealth missions? 8)

The ongoing Somali Civil War might be interesting too.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 12:48:56 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
I want a future war. Not as *futuristic* as Halo, but between that and modern day.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 02:18:01 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I want a future war. Not as *futuristic* as Halo, but between that and modern day.

I agree; this would be awesome. Something not completely outlandish, but something plausible.
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 03:04:05 am »
And while we're on the the topic of Call of Duty...

What do you guys think of Call of Duty Miami studio that Activision recently opened up. Wonder what their up to. I know Infinity Ward will never go back to WW2, and Treyarch has "laid that war to rest" with World at War, I'm just praying that CoD Miami doesn't get involved in any WW2 projects. Because I know I'd still buy it :-[
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 05:23:28 am »
I'm sick of series in general, specially when they're not story based and have a reason to continue story etc. Companies milk them way too much nowadays, but that's only because there are plenty of idiots who'd pay $100 for an almost identical game to the last one, or two before in this case. There are other games like counter-strike that haven't felt the need to be remade with better graphics twice every year, but they still maintain popularity and following.
At the rate they're going COD10 will be out before christmas next year.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 06:04:17 am »
This for sure, but yeah something not sci-fi futurey more of a kind of look at what military technologies are currently in development or on the drawing board and then using those.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 08:21:32 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I'm sick of series in general, specially when they're not story based and have a reason to continue story etc. Companies milk them way too much nowadays, but that's only because there are plenty of idiots who'd pay $100 for an almost identical game to the last one, or two before in this case. There are other games like counter-strike that haven't felt the need to be remade with better graphics twice every year, but they still maintain popularity and following.

Final Fantasy.

World War I. Trench warfare. Machine guns.

The only thing I wouldn't like is the lack of automatic rifles. Other than that, I would definitely play it, especially if one mission is of the ariel variety and I get to destroy a zeppelin.

I wouldn't mind a CoD game that takes place, oh, fifty years from now. As long as it doesn't take place in a futuristic dystopia or a cyberpunk society controlled by Asian martial artists that are handy with computers. It would be like Advanced Warfighter, only better.

Come to think of it, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfighter sounds pretty cool. Goddammit, Tom Clancy.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 08:47:19 am »

Final Fantasy.

Yeah, I've never cared for that either.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 02:54:23 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
To be fair when it comes to multiplayer gameplay not much has changed in the FPS world since the times of Goldeneye.

Every multiplayer FPS game is
Goldeneye + Shiny new graphics + Approximately Two random extra features
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 08:12:27 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
To be fair when it comes to multiplayer gameplay not much has changed in the FPS world since the times of Goldeneye.

More like every FPS multiplayer is Quake. Goldeneye isn't that great and I find it HIGHLY overrated. The controls were also horrid.

Though, from your post, it seems you haven't played much Multiplayer FPS aside from Goldeneye and other console FPS.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 08:17:10 pm by Porkchop »
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 08:30:45 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

You joking? O.o........

To name a few with different multiplayer-

L4D, Borderlands, Halo 3 (and ODST), TF2, and so on.

Each one of those go outside of "deathmatch" and open up a whole new world of multiplayer.

Ever play a round of Grifball? WAY different.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRmB1g3C1QA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRmB1g3C1QA</a>
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 09:48:42 pm by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 09:46:17 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Okay, every was a poor choice of words. "The majority" would have fit better. And replace "game" with "mode in each game". I was just generalising to make a "very little new is brought to the table, and when something new is it rarely carries on even when it works well" point.

Considering I haven't played on a console in awhile...then again I've never been too fussed on multiplayer, except when a mate goes "hey, let's have a game of..." I just never use it -_-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 09:56:52 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 10:18:21 pm »
  • :D
Um, there are more new elements in first person shooters these days than ever before.  Go back and play fps games from the late 90's on PC and you'll see that MOST first person shooters are not that different.

Really most videogames aren't that different if you're going to simplify each game so significantly.

Anyways, the newest cod game had an excelently crafted single-player experience, as well as a robust online component, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. 

And yeah, MW2 was the highest-selling game ever within the first 24 hours, OF COURSE there's going to be another CoD.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 02:14:24 pm »
  • The Mike
I was never really into CoD at all until I tried CoD4 last year. It was pretty fun and lead me to getting WaW. I eventually got CoD4 as well because I was getting bored of the levels in WaW. My bro got MW2 and it is fun but something just makes me not want to play it sometimes. Anyway, I think WWII-style games are getting really old and they need to move to something new. I thought that TF2 really has some new-fresh things in it. I kind of want to play it again. :P

• Zelda Eternity
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 74 queries.

anything