Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Voice actors needed for a Half-Life 2 Source Mod  (Read 2130 times)

Voice actors needed for a Half-Life 2 Source Mod
« on: December 06, 2009, 09:02:44 pm »
Me and a few friends of mine are working on a Half-Life 2 Source Mod set in the Half-Life universe. We have already come up with a design for the game, and we are currently working on a script. On our team we have two skilled programmers, two modelers, an artist, and some design people. We're currently looking for voice actors for this project. Here is what we're looking for. I'll put an age range for how old each character should sound. Though if you are younger or older but sound in that age range, you're a-ok.

Blink: The protagonist, we've actually given him a few short lines. This is a very easy job. We want someone without any heavy accents. He is American. Should be a strong-sounding character. Age range, 18-30 year olds.

Raptor: The leader of your squad. One of the more line-heavy roles. He is a lean British man. Very casual about certain things, though he can get serious quickly. Heavy British accent. Age range, 18-30 year olds.

Deadlock: Voiced by my Scottish friend Connor.

Rawhide: Voiced by my brother Nick.

Vortigaunts: I really have no idea on this one. If you've played Half-Life games you know what a Vortigaunt sounds like. If after some sound editing (that we can provide) you sound like a Vortigaunt, that's enough for me.. Though I don't want any heavily accented Vortigaunts, cause we know those don't exist. :P

Combines: This isn't very hard to do. Basically we just record you saying things in a clear voice, lower the pitch. Add in Combine sound effect beeps and boops and you're a Combine. If you want to do a voice, but you don't want anyone to hear your voice. This is the job for you.

That's all I've got for now. I'll add more requests as we add more to the script. If you'd like to try out for one or more of these jobs, send me a PM. Post in the topic if you're interested or something. :)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Voice actors needed for a Half-Life 2 Source...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 03:07:16 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Make a small banter script between 2 of the characters and I'll see what I can do.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 04:13:19 am »
Here's a small section of the script I've written so far.

Raptor: Hey, Blink! Get up man. I want to show you something. You know how to drive a car, yeah?

Blink: Yeah.

* Gets up. Raptor grins. *

Raptor: Damn Blink, why are you always so quiet? Come on, follow me.

But remember, Raptor is British so this is probably a bad example, seeing as Blink's only line is "Yeah" in this part. I'll just make something up that's not actually in the script. I'll do some lines with Rawhide and Deadlock in them too. We already have voices for them, though I'm not one hundred percent sure I've got the best voice actors for those jobs.

Deadlock: Who's the rookie?

Rawhide: I dunno', doesn't look like he talks very much.

Deadlock: Not like we use names around here anyways.

Rawhide: Kid looks scared. Look at how fast he's blinking!

Deadlock: Is that your name kid? Blink?

Blink * Almost sarcastically *: Sure.

Deadlock: I like him. Got a bit of an attitude, this one.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:22:16 am by Moldrill »
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 01:40:26 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
When you say "Heavy British accent", you do realise they are like...hundreds of British accents, right? XD Do you want a specific accent...when most non-Brits say British they tend to mean either Posh (I say, old chap, I rather fancy some Scons.) or "Cockney ("Caw, blimey gov'ner"), but I (for example) have a Nottingham accent.

Still, I could give Raptor a go =P
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 01:50:43 am by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 03:10:25 pm »
  • :3
I wouldt like to try Blink, I think I souldt be able to do a Irish-ish accent
  • daniel-kun
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 44 queries.

anything