Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ... Valve has just lost some deep respect from me  (Read 7976 times)

Xiphirx

wat
... Valve has just lost some deep respect from m...
« on: June 23, 2010, 10:49:43 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Anyone try the new Counter Strike Source update?

It is absolutely horrid.

They have completely ruined the game imo, they even took plugins (AMX, etc) out.

Thoughts on the update?

If you want to fight against it:
http://www.petitiononline.com/cssource/petition.html
  • For The Swarm
Re: ... Valve has just lost some deep respect fr...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 04:13:13 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Counter Strike Source is not even fun. Who cares if the update borked it?

EDIT: added word "Source". Never played any other counter strike games.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 04:38:19 am by Moldorma »
  • Lionfish Apps

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 04:17:02 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I loved the original CS... that's about it :x
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 06:12:02 am »
Never really cared much about Counter Strike. I played it a bit when it first came out. It was amusing for a while. Never looked at it again.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 03:01:33 pm »
  • b e p i s
I like CSS personally, I think it's a really fun game and I've played it off and on for years. I played the "beta" before this new update and honestly didn't notice much different. What's the big deal?

Keep in mind, this is coming from the perspective of a more casual player.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 06:10:44 pm »
  • Xiphirx
I like CSS personally, I think it's a really fun game and I've played it off and on for years. I played the "beta" before this new update and honestly didn't notice much different. What's the big deal?

Keep in mind, this is coming from the perspective of a more casual player.

The big deal is that they're trying to make it MW2. They already included a kill cam (like TF2 I'm hearing) and they have domination and rivalry. They're making it a game it isn't. The update was also extremely bug filled. They lowered the max tick rate to 66 (less smooth gameplay). They got rid of game modes such as zombie mod and surfing (although people have already begun patching, which is bringing these back). They just should have not touched it. The only update I am fond of is the new background and the new scoreboard.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 07:19:33 pm »
Don't like kill cam? Turn it off. Don't like domination or rivalry? Don't play them. TF2/L4D/L4D2 all use a 66 tick rate, never had any issues with them.  They didn't "get rid" of any game modes, they're mods that became incompatible, which is naturally going to happen when you update to a different engine version.

Making a petition is pointless.
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 08:00:52 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
JESUSCHRISTYOUPEOPLEARESOGODDAMNIGNORANT.

Anyone who signed that damn petition or is whining that is.

They didn't remove mods. None of them. Due to the Engine transition, mods will have to update their plugins to work for it, that's all. Valve didn't 'remove' them.

The ragdoll animations being censored for all countries was a bug, and I'm positive it's been fixed already. If not it will be very soon. Deal with it.

The smooth play have never been more smooth for me. I even have a huge FPS increase.

Yeah letting hackers have their way sure makes the game fun, right?

You people are literally some of the most ignorant, ungrateful fucks I've ever met. I've been dealing with this !@#$% since CSS Beta was released and it's finally making me crack. Suck it up and !@#$% play. The gameplay is the EXACT SAME. If you don't want any of the extra features, turn them the !@#$% off.

By the way, MW2 didn't invent the rivalry system nor the 'killcam' feature. The game is nowhere near MW2.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 09:12:40 pm »
  • Xiphirx
From my experience, it has shitload of bugs. For one, I can see the leet's sunglasses while spectating in first person, and the SAS's breathing mask.

I guess now I know that you an turn the new stuff off, and that I look like a whiner, but they should have at least ironed out pretty obvious bugs.

Also, every server I've been to has been jittery in gameplay.

Yeah letting hackers have their way sure makes the game fun, right?

I never personally said that, although the petition says that, it does imply I said that :/

And when I said that it was going toward MW2, I pretty much meant that it was including all of the new gimmicks in first person shooters.

I have been to many servers now with the crap I don't like turned off so I guess I am not "whining" anymore :| But I don't see the point of having the features if most of the servers will take it off anyway...
  • For The Swarm

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 09:32:28 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I have been to many servers now with the crap I don't like turned off so I guess I am not "whining" anymore :| But I don't see the point of having the features if most of the servers will take it off anyway...

I don't see anything wrong with features that can be toggled... The question is, "why not add them"?
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 10:56:18 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
The way you (and all these other ungrateful little kids) are acting is like they've totally destroyed the game and changed it completely. The gameplay is literally the exact same, the only difference being is that they've added somethings you can toggle off and on.

Nothing in it is a 'gimmick', but something that adds to the game, making it more enjoyable to those who aren't completely serious competitive players. Killcams have proven to have a lot of hilarious results, in both TF2 and DoD:S. Achievements are for those who want to... you know... maybe have fun. Stats are probably the only close thing to a "gimmick" in this update, but even those are just for fun. People were even complaining because the scoreboard wasn't transparent enough, and they couldn't see the action of the game behind the scoreboard.

Every single person whining about the update is overreacting and extremely ungrateful. Be thankful they even touched the game after all these years (with nothing but little, little bug fixes), even if it's because of Mac coming to Steam.

PS: Hidden Path did most of the work on this update, not Valve. It's another case of Valve actually giving a small indie developer a chance to do something, and they did something good. Give them a break.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:58:13 pm by Porkchop »
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 02:58:50 am »
  • Resident Bum
People make petitions for the stupidest stuff and I think most people that use an online petition don't even know how petitions work.

There are people who still play CS 1.6 because they didn't like the source version. If you don't like the new stuff that they provided to you (for free) then don't play or figure out a way to play an older push.

TOPIC OVER
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 08:05:07 am »
People make petitions for the stupidest stuff and I think most people that use an online petition don't even know how petitions work.

There are people who still play CS 1.6 because they didn't like the source version. If you don't like the new stuff that they provided to you (for free) then don't play or figure out a way to play an older push.

TOPIC OVER
The point is, source is an entirely different game from 1.6 :p With this they've forced the update wether you like it or not.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Dantztron 3030

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 07:39:36 pm »
  • b e p i s
And when I said that it was going toward MW2, I pretty much meant that it was including all of the new gimmicks in first person shooters.

I don't really understand this at all. The core gameplay is unchanged. The fanbase is the same. The mods are being recoded. How does this make sense?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 07:42:27 pm by Dantztron 3030 »
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 08:22:24 pm »
  • Xiphirx
(Once again this is all my opinion) Well, it makes sense since it's losing its sense of originality. Instead of being original, it is now following fads. The killcam for one.
  • For The Swarm

Dantztron 3030

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 10:58:04 pm »
  • b e p i s
(Once again this is all my opinion) Well, it makes sense since it's losing its sense of originality. Instead of being original, it is now following fads. The killcam for one.

But it's the same game. Achievements and a killcam don't change the mechanics of gameplay.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 11:38:48 pm »
  • Xiphirx

But it's the same game. Achievements and a killcam don't change the mechanics of gameplay.

I know it doesn't change the core gameplay, it just makes it "another FPS".
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 11:49:22 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I think they're all the same anyway.

(This is coming from someone who doesn't play any modern FPSs…)
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 12:27:33 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
But Counter Strike Source wasn't a "good FPS" before. The addition of a killcam and achievements might just have made it a little more fun (haven't tried it yet, but I did install it again, which is a good step. :P)
  • Lionfish Apps

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 12:29:47 am »
  • Idk
Meh, don't like Counter Strike at all. Don't really understand what makes it so good, it looks shitty to begin with, then the gameplay physic are just... wow... can't really find any word to describe it.  D:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 75 queries.