Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ... Valve has just lost some deep respect from me  (Read 7966 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: ... Valve has just lost some deep respect fr...
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 01:46:33 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I don't get how keeping a 6 year old game modern is a bad thing.
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 02:27:12 am »
Seriously, the update isn't horrible. The only thing that's bugged me about it sofar is the gungame servers that I play on have gone down while it's updated.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 02:32:34 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
(Once again this is all my opinion) Well, it makes sense since it's losing its sense of originality. Instead of being original, it is now following fads. The killcam for one.

But it's the same game. Achievements and a killcam don't change the mechanics of gameplay.

I know it doesn't change the core gameplay, it just makes it "another FPS".

So... whatever made this game different from all the other FPSs no longer matters because of these changes that don't actually change the gameplay?  Um... that doesn't make sense.  But I've never played Counter Strike so... kablooey.
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2010, 05:25:48 am »
  • Super Hero Time!

It's always been "another FPS". Counter-Strike is probably the most generic FPS you could find. It's just "Shoot to kill". That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. You buy a gun, shoot someone, or get shot. Everyone dies. Repeat.

It really seems like you're grasping for straws for your argument now. Same goes to all those other people complaining about the update with the same arguments you're using. You didn't even bother to check most of the points that you're arguing either.

Meh, don't like Counter Strike at all. Don't really understand what makes it so good, it looks shitty to begin with, then the gameplay physic are just... wow... can't really find any word to describe it.  D:

What do you mean "gameplay physic (physics*)"? The gameplay is fine and easily adaptable since there isn't much to it in the first place.

You're making it off to be a completely horrible game, when infact, while being so generic, it's still better than 99% of the multiplayer FPS games out there. If there's one that tops it, it's Team Fortress 2. Halo is also up there (as much as I dislike Halo).
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2010, 12:00:26 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Respect that Valve still gives a !@#$% about your 6 year old game.

/thread.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2010, 02:13:27 pm »
  • Idk
What do you mean "gameplay physics (physics*)"?

I mean that the game is plain and boring, nothing is happening at all when you are playing it. In other games there are some possibilities of what can happen. That is what Counter Strike is missing. One good example of this is actually Halo. More freedom in your way of playing it, everything feels more like a game.  :P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 02:16:16 pm by SinkinDevil »

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2010, 03:03:42 pm »
  • b e p i s
But Counter Strike Source wasn't a "good FPS" before. The addition of a killcam and achievements might just have made it a little more fun (haven't tried it yet, but I did install it again, which is a good step. :P)

Don't you play Modern Warfare?
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2010, 03:04:16 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君

/thread.

This doesn't make sense to me, of course because I haven't bought a new video game in years, but  I'm used to games that just get released and that's that.  No updates or add-ons.  I don't like this future of gaming where you constantly have to download updates for your games.  Why is the company still making changes to a game from six years ago, and why is that a good thing?

Dantztron 3030

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2010, 03:11:31 pm »
  • b e p i s

/thread.

This doesn't make sense to me, of course because I haven't bought a new video game in years, but  I'm used to games that just get released and that's that.  No updates or add-ons.  I don't like this future of gaming where you constantly have to download updates for your games.  Why is the company still making changes to a game from six years ago, and why is that a good thing?

In this case though, it's really just tweaks to make it fit better into the new Steam interface, which has grown exponentially since CSS was first released. To me it's a formality more than anything.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2010, 03:36:07 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
But Counter Strike Source wasn't a "good FPS" before. The addition of a killcam and achievements might just have made it a little more fun (haven't tried it yet, but I did install it again, which is a good step. :P)

I have played it, I wouldn't say I play it. The online shooters I've put the most time into are probably TF2, Half Life 2 Deathmatch, Uncharted 2 Online, and Metal Gear Online.
  • Lionfish Apps

Dantztron 3030

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2010, 04:17:53 pm »
  • b e p i s

I have played it, I wouldn't say I play it. The online shooters I've put the most time into are probably TF2, Half Life 2 Deathmatch, Uncharted 2 Online, and Metal Gear Online.

Good, because that was about to seriously derail your credibility.
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2010, 04:28:06 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Yeah, well. ;P I was referring to the killcam and achievements being a good thing in the context of TF2 anyhow.
  • Lionfish Apps

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2010, 06:05:00 pm »
The killcam is pretty much the only thing that is bad in the update. Just go into your "multiplayer settings -> advanced" and turn "freeze cam" off.

Well, I don't like that they took AMX out. :/
I also don't like that the rates are balls.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 06:12:36 pm by Ryan »
  • Likes to Ramble

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2010, 06:21:09 pm »
  • Xiphirx

It's always been "another FPS". Counter-Strike is probably the most generic FPS you could find. It's just "Shoot to kill". That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. You buy a gun, shoot someone, or get shot. Everyone dies. Repeat.

It really seems like you're grasping for straws for your argument now. Same goes to all those other people complaining about the update with the same arguments you're using. You didn't even bother to check most of the points that you're arguing either.

I'm arguing based on how I feel when I play the game now. It has not been a generic FPS. The thing that made it non-generic is the ability to mod the gameplay. I know you can still mod the gameplay, but it seems to be pushing in a direction towards the current FPS bandwagon.

I probably have made a fool of myself with initial rage :)
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2010, 08:58:27 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Well, I don't like that they took AMX out. :/

VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT.VALVEDIDNTREMOVEIT. That and AMX is for GoldSrc games. SourceMod is for Source games.

I'm arguing based on how I feel when I play the game now. It has not been a generic FPS. The thing that made it non-generic is the ability to mod the gameplay. I know you can still mod the gameplay, but it seems to be pushing in a direction towards the current FPS bandwagon.

It's not pushing anywhere in a direction towards the current "FPS bandwagon". Features =/= Modernized.

Valve games always have, and always will be open for modification. They have no plans of removing that option at all.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2010, 01:00:40 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Reminds me of people whining about not being able to play prophunt in TF2 for like 12 hours when they did an engine update.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 08:28:47 am »
  • Idk
Reminds me of people whining about not being able to play prophunt in TF2 for like 12 hours when they did an engine update.
When you now said it, there was alot of whining when the Halo Reach beta was around. Mostly because of the veichels.
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2010, 01:51:54 pm »
So has Alien Swarm won you back yet?

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2010, 07:38:51 pm »
  • Xiphirx
So has Alien Swarm won you back yet?

I haven't tried it because I haven't been able to use my normal computer for the past 5 days (RMA'd my RAM).
  • For The Swarm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 73 queries.