Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maybe we can learn from this.  (Read 3298 times)

Maybe we can learn from this.
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:38:49 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
So I was over at MFGG and ran across this topic in which someone was looking for a Zelda Fan Game site.  This obviously peaked my interest as I am a part of this Zelda fan game site.  Some people actually posted a link to ZFGC but he was ultimately discouraged from coming here primarily because there was no search feature for our resources.  I feel a little silly bringing this up because don't do any programming other than GM, but perhaps what we need to bring in more people is simply to modernize the site with features such as the search feature.  Is it worth it?  Maybe.... maybe not.  What do you guys think.

http://www.forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12452
Re: Maybe we can learn from this.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:56:24 pm »
Attempts are being made at having a site system with tags for searching, and also I put out there in an Update topic that I'd be hiring moderators to improve and manage the coding and graphics - well rather that I'd be willing to hire anyone so long as they'd do that and that the future moderation system would entirely be based around improving those sections. The problem with the latter idea is that no one gives a !@#$% or cares to pitch in - there's a difference between saying something would be good and actually taking steps to and then doing something good.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 12:07:11 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Unfortunately that seems to be the case...  If I had any experience with real programming I might be of some help, but I don't think GM helps a whole lot when is comes to web design...  I am just a casual game maker.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 12:33:26 am »
  • Minalien
There's also the inability to open resources in a different window/tab that annoys me to no end. <.<

I'd be willing to jump in and work on it, but the benefits of me doing so are outweighed by the fact that my time is better spent working on college and game projects for my portfolio. Also, my use of IP.Board and RoR have created a dislike for SMF and PHP, respectively. >.>
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:22:30 am »
Yes, and then when you open the resource and click back, you are taken back to the first page.

From the same topic:
Quote from: Char
zfgc is horribly disorganized to me for resources. you need to sift through the entire collection of sprites to find stuff, theres no filters and stuff like we have on mfgg. :/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 45 queries.

anything