Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Notch announces 0x10c  (Read 1612 times)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
Notch announces 0x10c
« on: April 04, 2012, 07:56:39 am »
Announces no details at all except how he expects you to feed him money

http://0x10c.com/

Edit (Minalien): Changed the topic title.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:07:18 am by 宇宙人ミン »
Re: Fat greedy idiot Notch announces new bad gam...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 08:27:39 am »
  • Minalien
Simple solution: If you don't care for the game or the developers, don't play it.

Come on Swoftu, this is just sad. :/
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:18:00 am »
You tell him swifty

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 12:52:42 pm »
  • 笑い男
The details on that site alone fill me with ideas of awesome that I absolutely love. Now this does all depend on if Notch can actually pull off such awesome ideas, but seeing what he did with minecraft, I believe that he probably can. Not because of how successful minecraft was (or actually I guess that is a major factor actually), but just because of how satisfied I was with a lot of decisions Notch made with the game. It appealed to my tastes very well, so looking forward to how this one turns out too!

I mean, made right, trade/management sims can be awesome fun imo. A space setting a bazillion years in the future sounds pretty cool too, but seeing what's possible with restone and pistons and so on in minecraft and then being able to have your own programmable computer in this game sounds like a brilliant idea. People making/trading programs to handle all sorts of cool situations sounds like an awesome new addition to such a game :D
Spending time to get and set up your own ship with various systems which'll do all sorts of cool crap on their own and then panicking while trying to fix other !@#$% when it goes wrong sounds a lot more fun and satisfying (when stuff works well lol) than just clicking on options to do crap or just boringly setting up some automation from some menu.

Yeah, the thought of having to pay *monthly* right from the start isn't a great one though :/
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:00:32 pm by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 01:24:02 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
With the way Notch handled Minecraft, I'm not looking forward to this (or anything else by him and Mojang). I love Minecraft, but I highly dislike Notch both as a person and a game developer.
He's a terrible example of a game developer and the fact that people are being inspired by him gives me even less hope for the gaming industry down the line.

Simple solution: If you don't care for the game or the developers, don't play it.
This is a bad way of looking at it though, and it's one reason why most gamers these days !@#$% me off.

Yeah I agree if you don't like a game don't play it, simple enough, but just because I don't care for a developer or a game, doesn't mean I shouldn't care about the impact it's having on the industry or developers/games I like. Look at DLC as the best example. People say if you don't like DLC, don't buy it, but now almost every developer is buying into that and as a whole, it's ruining so much. Same thing goes for that "IT'S FREE/BETA" argument when someone gives criticism.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
Re: 0x10c
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 01:43:50 am »
  • Minalien
With the way Notch handled Minecraft, I'm not looking forward to this (or anything else by him and Mojang). I love Minecraft, but I highly dislike Notch both as a person and a game developer.
He's a terrible example of a game developer and the fact that people are being inspired by him gives me even less hope for the gaming industry down the line.
Honestly, I agree - and it's nice to see that there are others who think so rather than worshiping the ground Notch walks on. I haven't paid much attention to Minecraft or Mojang lately (stopped caring once the novelty value of Minecraft wore off), but everybody's exaggerated love of Notch and expectations for each of Mojang's games to be as spectacular as Minecraft was is wearing on my patience. I loved seeing Double Fine deciding to launch a Kickstarter in the opposite direction of Notch. (Though I can't say I would be opposed to playing Psychonauts 2. <_<)

This is a bad way of looking at it though, and it's one reason why most gamers these days !@#$% me off.

Yeah I agree if you don't like a game don't play it, simple enough, but just because I don't care for a developer or a game, doesn't mean I shouldn't care about the impact it's having on the industry or developers/games I like. Look at DLC as the best example. People say if you don't like DLC, don't buy it, but now almost every developer is buying into that and as a whole, it's ruining so much.
That is a good point, but I was mostly referring to the context of Swiftu's post. His criticism wasn't the effect Notch is having on the gaming industry - in fact, he didn't even have a criticism, choosing instead to pointlessly insult a developer and post a link to the announcement page for the new game. People who would rather simply insult (or even praise) games and developers than discuss the impact (positive or negative) of the game (or even simply discuss the game itself, sans the industry discussion) are generally uninterested in the industry. To those people, I simply say "shut up and get on with your lives."

Same thing goes for that "IT'S FREE/BETA" argument when someone gives criticism.
People do seem to use that argument when they really have no other justification for liking a game. Most don't even seem to understand that criticism is the point of beta releases-- developers and players alike.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 02:04:41 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Honestly, I agree - and it's nice to see that there are others who think so rather than worshiping the ground Notch walks on.

Yep.  I don't personally care about personality and such when talking about those who inspire me...but Notch's coding style?  Oh God no...too fast, too rushed...I do like Minecraft quite a bit though.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 52 queries.