Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Cut] Boken the Slayer  (Read 8343 times)

[Cut] Boken the Slayer
« on: July 19, 2012, 02:16:28 pm »
  • It's the grineer
I made a drawing of Boken as how I thought he was. His tree branches/fingers let him do good music, such as "Stairway to the Sacred Realm".
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:15:15 pm by MG-Zero »
Re: [Submission] Boken the Slayer
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 02:17:41 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I'm sorry but I'm unable to see it.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 02:18:19 pm »
  • It's the grineer
I'm sorry but I'm unable to see it.

What do you mean?
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 02:20:52 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I can't see it unles I download it and I'm busy working on something and I don't have the time to keep downloading the concept are just to be able to see it.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 02:22:29 pm »
  • It's the grineer
I don't know. Have you tried extending the image?
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 02:24:45 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
It gets cut off and I don't need to be scrolling it for 5 minutes to just see a part of it. Try placing the image in the OP.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 02:25:30 pm »
  • It's the grineer
It gets cut off and I don't need to be scrolling it for 5 minutes to just see a part of it. Try placing the image in the OP.

Pardon me, but what  is the OP?
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 02:26:19 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
*facepalm*
Original Post.
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 02:30:30 pm »
  • It's the grineer
*facepalm*
Original Post.

Isn't this an original post?
Anyway, I'll leave the link to deviantart:
http://blazebigbang.deviantart.com/art/Boken-the-Slayer-315659630

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 02:30:47 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
*facepalm*
Original Post.

Not everyone knows what OP is - no need to facepalm about it.

Blaze, all of your drawings are huge. Can you please, in the future, resize them to 50% of their original size? I hate having to scroll through them.

This is going to come across as harsh, and I excuse myself, but I really don't like this concept art. I actually don't like most of your concepts, Blaze. Please don't take it personally.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 02:34:33 pm »
  • It's the grineer
*facepalm*
Original Post.

Not everyone knows what OP is - no need to facepalm about it.

Blaze, all of your drawings are huge. Can you please, in the future, resize them to 50% of their original size? I hate having to scroll through them.

This is going to come across as harsh, and I excuse myself, but I really don't like this concept art. I actually don't like most of your concepts, Blaze. Please don't take it personally.

*sniff*
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 04:38:07 pm »
Well, I don't have as much problem viewing you image as the others. In FF you can right click a picture and you have an option to view the image without the rest of the webpage. And FF will resize it to fit the screen.

On your concept art, I have to agree with Star. I'm sorry to say it, but your concept art is not that good. You do have skills but it is a bit lacking. In addition it seems that you draw everything in your own drawing style, which does not seem to be close to MC style concept art. Finally you only scan your pictures and scans are never that good. Here are some pointers that I think will do you good:
1) Try practicing drawing and focus on MC style. Start with Link, Zelda or a Chu Chu, because there are a lot of examples of them on the internet and you can compare your work with those. The closer you get to MC style art the more likely your art will be accepted.
2) Don't just submit scanned in art. The coloring only covers half if not less of the surface. On paper it may look good, but when scanned the white of the paper and the gridlines pop out and make you drawing faded and less visible.
3) It is not bad to start with a pen and paper scanned in drawing, but after scanning, use a tool such as Paint, GIMP or Inkscape to trace your lines and color the surfaces. After which you erase your original scan or what is left of it.
4) Do not focus too much on small details in your drawing, but focus more on the larger details. In the end small details will not make it in the sprite. Consider the size of the sprite that it will translate to. The smaller details are only interesting in the concept art.

Well, I hope my advice will help a bit.
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 04:59:11 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Well, I don't have as much problem viewing you image as the others. In FF you can right click a picture and you have an option to view the image without the rest of the webpage. And FF will resize it to fit the screen.

On your concept art, I have to agree with Star. I'm sorry to say it, but your concept art is not that good. You do have skills but it is a bit lacking. In addition it seems that you draw everything in your own drawing style, which does not seem to be close to MC style concept art. Finally you only scan your pictures and scans are never that good. Here are some pointers that I think will do you good:
1) Try practicing drawing and focus on MC style. Start with Link, Zelda or a Chu Chu, because there are a lot of examples of them on the internet and you can compare your work with those. The closer you get to MC style art the more likely your art will be accepted.
2) Don't just submit scanned in art. The coloring only covers half if not less of the surface. On paper it may look good, but when scanned the white of the paper and the gridlines pop out and make you drawing faded and less visible.
3) It is not bad to start with a pen and paper scanned in drawing, but after scanning, use a tool such as Paint, GIMP or Inkscape to trace your lines and color the surfaces. After which you erase your original scan or what is left of it.
4) Do not focus too much on small details in your drawing, but focus more on the larger details. In the end small details will not make it in the sprite. Consider the size of the sprite that it will translate to. The smaller details are only interesting in the concept art.

Well, I hope my advice will help a bit.

Thanks for the advice. I know how is the MC style, but I can just draw kids in MC style. I mean, people like Link, or Zelda, with big eyes and head.
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 05:10:35 pm »
Here is a list with characters from Windwaker: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Category:The_Legend_of_Zelda:_The_Wind_Waker_characters

If you click on them you can see the art work of a number of characters. Wind Waker art is similar to Minish Cap art.
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 05:14:32 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Here is a list with characters from Windwaker: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Category:The_Legend_of_Zelda:_The_Wind_Waker_characters

If you click on them you can see the art work of a number of characters. Wind Waker art is similar to Minish Cap art.

Thanks Niek, Zeldapedia is very useful!
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 05:26:37 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
This is wwaaayyy to humanoid to be a Deku.  Dekus typically have a giant ass body with either skinny arms and legs or stumpy arms and legs.  In both cases, they also have a cutesy look.  Ash and I are gonna try our hand at this guy later, so maybe what we come up with will help you out.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

thestig

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 05:44:04 pm »
I'm agreeing with Niek. This concept art just can't cut it. It lacks important detail(honestly it's like this because of your use of pencil/crayons) that could be better shown off with a cleaner drawing. By cleaner I mean something digital. The crayons just... ughh.. I'm sorry. In regards to his overall figure, he looks like he would go better in the Gameboy Color zeldas, not a minish cap-styled Zelda. And I don't know if I'm buying his appearance either. That looks like a Zora colored wrong. Go for a more Deku-like appearance.
Re: [Cut] Boken the Slayer
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 12:24:05 am »
  • It's just Max.
Well, if it were official art, I would say it wouldn't cut it, but concept art is just... Concepts. I think you get your ideas across. Have any of you guys seen the concept art for MC or WW. Looks nothing like the finished art.

What I get from this drawing is the idea of mossy dreads, which I LOVE. I think that'd DEFNIITELY be something to think about in the final design.

As for digital co losing and all, they make it look awesome, but if you spend tons of time on concept art, it's not worth it, in my opinion.
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 01:06:44 am »
  • It's the grineer
Well, if it were official art, I would say it wouldn't cut it, but concept art is just... Concepts. I think you get your ideas across. Have any of you guys seen the concept art for MC or WW. Looks nothing like the finished art.

What I get from this drawing is the idea of mossy dreads, which I LOVE. I think that'd DEFNIITELY be something to think about in the final design.

As for digital co losing and all, they make it look awesome, but if you spend tons of time on concept art, it's not worth it, in my opinion.

This is what I wanted. Show just how it looks like. When I first read the post I thought he was a deku different from the others. I just want to show how he was. His tree branches as fingers. The leafs of his hair covering his head. His roots as feet.

thestig

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 01:11:04 am »

The concept art still didn't look very Deku-esque.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 75 queries.