Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metroid Crimson (Plot Update)  (Read 5339 times)

Metroid Crimson (Plot Update)
« on: April 08, 2006, 12:36:46 am »
  • Lionfish App dev

The time has come for a Metroid Fangame to be made... in Flash MX 2004! I actually revealed the first sprite of Samus in the game up in that banner. It's custom with slight influence from Super Metroid. But back on topic.

Story:
It was early in the morning. Samus was in her gunship, asleep, while it autopiloted back to Galactic Federation headquarters so she could give a mission summary. She woke to the sound of the ship's computer blaring. It was the sound of a distress call. Samus hit the accept button and her gunship changed course, heading to the largest station for lightyears; the Interplanetary Research Facility. As Samus entered the main hall, she noticed that something was wrong. There was nobody there, no alarms were sounding, and the station looked perfectly intact. As she continued through the facility, she saw a Space Pirate at a computer terminal. But it looked very different. As it turned and spotted her, she saw something very familiar about it. Its whole face looked as if it was made of a green, translucent, gelatinous substance with three pulsing cores attached to the outside by stringy looking veins. It hurried past Samus and fled the room. As she chased after it the loudspeaker came on and a pre-programmed voice announced that the station had been set to collide with a large planetary body that wasn't mapped on Galactic Federation star charts. Samus entered the docking bay and watched in horror as the Space Pirate flew away in her gunship. She ran for safety as the planet grew closer outside the station windows. Then there was darkness. Samus awoke in the main hall of IR facility. She stepped outside just as a thunderstorm was beginning. She was truely alone, and there wouldn't be anyone to help out this time.

So there's your story. It took me a while to build that with the chunks of plot that I showed you earlier. So I'm really getting somewhere, eh? I've got one sprite, 1 unfinished MIDI, one finished MIDI, and a story. :D I'll be making more stuff soon, including an engine, so be staying put.

-Moldorma
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 08:01:37 pm by Moldorma »
  • Lionfish Apps

Piers

Re: Metroid Crimson
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 02:25:33 am »
This is a fangame that some part of me decided it was making without my condolence. :P I know nothing about it other than that it follows the traditional side-scrolling style, it will be made in Flash, and just a few chunks of the plot.

Plot Chunks
???Game starts on a space station.
???Something causes the station to crash into an uncharted planet with you still inside.
???Space Pirates are back.
???Space Pirates have some sort of chemical that has the same energy draining effect as a Metroid, and they try to biologically engineer new Metroids using the chemical.

Yeah, sounds good, right? ^_^ As soon as I feel up to it I'll try and work out a full story fro the chunks that I have. Stay tuned.
Sounds great!. But no offence what Metroid game does NOT start on a space station. (Or some kind of space vechicle) Also why is it called Metroid Crimson?

shadow_caliber

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 04:04:28 am »
Heh it'll be interesting to see a metroid game done in flash. Well good luck with it anyway.

Gilgamesh

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 09:01:36 am »
Sounds a lot like Metroid Prime, really. Crashing space station/ship, chemical (Phazon), Metroid experiments...
The name is very nice though. :P (sounds official, really)
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 03:06:09 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Yeah, see... I'm only 11% done with Metroid Prime (stuck in Phendrana Drifts), so I don't really know the later revelations of plot. So any coincidences are purely... coincidence. :P And as for the name, I don't know. The part of me that decided to make a Metroid game gave me the choice of either Scarlet or Crimson, so I picked Crimson.
  • Lionfish Apps

Piers

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 03:25:32 pm »
Yeah, see... I'm only 11% done with Metroid Prime (stuck in Phendrana Drifts), so I don't really know the later revelations of plot. So any coincidences are purely... coincidence. :P And as for the name, I don't know. The part of me that decided to make a Metroid game gave me the choice of either Scarlet or Crimson, so I picked Crimson.
There's really nothing the same. (Unless theres a super metroid (No Pun intended) at the end.
Re: Metroid Crimson (Plot Update)
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 08:03:52 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Oh good. Didn't wanna sound like I was copying anything. I updated the plot and put up my first sprite of Samus (this game will have all custom sprites).
  • Lionfish Apps

shadow_caliber

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 11:14:20 pm »
ooh the plot thickens =P sounds more interesting now anyway =P

Piers

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 11:23:47 pm »
I'd be pissed if someoen took my only way off the space station. (In the recent thought I would have decided to activate the auto ship defences)
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 01:01:49 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I dunno. Maybe her ship has no protection functions. Or maybe she just forgot. The Space Pirate really just wanted Samus dead. Escape was a bonus. So he could have just blew up the ship or somethin. :P Anyways. Glad you like the plot. I'm working on the other sprites for Samus now. Don't touch that dial! (Or mouse. However you'v e decided to control your computer).
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 06:44:34 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Ugh. Minor setback. I accidentally deleted all of my Samus sprites except for the one at the top of this topic. So I have to redraw them all now. This will take an extra day at most.

EDIT: Actually, that didn't turn out that bad. I opted for re-drawing the four leg positions from Metroid 2 instead of the 12ish from Super Metroid and it turned out just fine. :D Now I can get some code started.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:30:06 pm by Moldorma »
  • Lionfish Apps
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 59 queries.

anything