Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Zelda fan game needs help  (Read 10019 times)

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

New Zelda fan game needs help
« on: January 31, 2007, 11:40:36 pm »
Ok so im making a ZELDA fan game i need help to who ever will this would be my first game i need every postion i need graphics tiles dungeons but it wont be easy im combinding Ocarina of time, Majora's mask,Twilight princess,link to the past i need skull kid and this dude  :ganon: they team up e-mail me at Clink2002001@aol.com link2002001@yahoo.com for more info  :dance:

.TakaM edit:
Game
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 01:30:51 am by .TakaM »
Re: New Zelda fan hame needs help
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 11:53:07 pm »
Um that's alot of stuff...What exactly are you going to do?
And that's a really big project for a first!
  • Super Fan Gamers!

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 01:35:15 am »
Well all the links get messed up in each others deminsion and they work together like 4 swords <>.<>
think you can help me?

Chesu

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 01:46:38 am »
You don't really need any of that stuff when you first start working on a game, though. You should work out all of the game's mechanics, and work out the interactions for all of the items first. When you've done that, post a demo of how everything works- that will show your potential partners that you're motivated enough to see the project through.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 02:21:55 am »
  • Kyon-kun, denwa!

If u use these, credit Arctic Ferret instead, Im in the process of updating ALL my Sprite Sheets with my AF alias.

"You gave us up for warcraft!?" -Comrade Kesha

Mateus

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 02:36:20 am »
Ok so im making a ZELDA fan game i need help to who ever will this would be my first game i need every postion i need graphics tiles dungeons but it wont be easy im combinding Ocarina of time, Majora's mask,Twilight princess,link to the past i need skull kid and this dude  :ganon: they team up e-mail me at Clink2002001@aol.com link2002001@yahoo.com for more info  :dance:

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 09:49:45 pm »
ok so i need help putting those on gamemaker and thanks Terrific Tara im really in need for some helping with how to make the items/map can anyone help meh? ???
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 10:40:08 pm »
  • w00t
Just a quick note:  you can go to your profile options and create a set signature so you don't post the same thing at the end of each message.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

uma

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 02:34:31 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
No offence or anything, but I lol'd at this quit a bit.

Its posts like that that make my day.

Translating...
Hello my chaps. I am making a game, of the Legend of Zelda persuasion. It dawned upon me that in order to do so, I must call upon the help of the kind users of Zelda Fangame Central. If anyone does decide to assist me, I must inform these fine people that this is my first Zelda fangame. I need the every position you can think of but, if you all do not mind me saying specifically, I do need graphics, tiles if you will, for the interior and or exterior of dungeons. I also must inform you that this daunting task will not me easy! I'm combining the following games: Majora's mask, Twilight princess and Link to the Past. I also need the graphics for skull kid and for Ganon, the evil rapscallion! One of the important story elements, if this won't spoil too much, is that they just happen to team up! If you would like to help, you can contact me by E-mail at Clink2002001@aol.com link2002001@yahoo.com or by also sending me a personal message.

Thank you if anyone is willing to help!
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 02:44:05 am »
Just one question... What the hell is a "hame"?
  • Likes to Ramble

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 04:19:48 am »
Can you guys help me or not ?.? cause thats what i posted for and Uma its my first time so give me a break please cause really i need help

:jellytime: Peanut butter zelda time,Peanut butter zelda time  :jellytime:
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 04:47:09 am »
Hmm

New game maker + OoT + MM + TP + combining all three of them in a four swords type game.

Sounds like a recipe for success

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 04:50:30 am »
Wait wait wait wait......WAIT......
If the theory(That all the Links are somehow linked through bloodline),if one of the older link's died in the game,shouldn't the rest die?
Are you gonna include that in ur game?
  • Super Fan Gamers!

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

Re: New Zelda fan Game needs help
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 01:32:07 pm »
Well yes one did die but this is before that >.> its taken place through all the timelines and there is a master sword in the game but ganon has it and its gonna be a longer game then tp i imagine

:ganon: im a gangsta look at me dance  :dance:
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 01:38:53 pm »
  • Minalien
This project is doomed to fail.

Why? Because 1) you say it's your first game. You are in WAY over your head. 2) You obviously dont have the knowledge or skills necessary for this project. 3) You dont seem to know the basics of game design, let alone anything else. 4) If making a zelda game for your first project is way over your head, doing something like this is IMPOSSIBLE for you. 5) You dont seem to have the dedication or the intelligence neccessary for this sort of project. 6) Do you understand the story behind Zelda at all? If I'm not mistaken, GANON. CAN. NOT. TOUCH. THE. MASTER. SWORD. Only one of pure heart can weild the Master Sword (which is ironic considering Christina bought me a replica of the Master Sword). 7) How much do you know about game design? Did you just download game maker and say "I'm gonna do it!" even without having the slightest knowledge of the system? Do you even know how a game runs? Do you even know the basics of the basics of Game Maker's scripting language (GML)? I doubt it. If this project is a success, I'll take a picture for all of you of me wearing a Donkey Kong costume ;/
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 04:13:26 pm »
This project is doomed to fail.

Why? Because 1) you say it's your first game. You are in WAY over your head. 2) You obviously dont have the knowledge or skills necessary for this project. 3) You dont seem to know the basics of game design, let alone anything else. 4) If making a zelda game for your first project is way over your head, doing something like this is IMPOSSIBLE for you. 5) You dont seem to have the dedication or the intelligence neccessary for this sort of project. 6) Do you understand the story behind Zelda at all? If I'm not mistaken, GANON. CAN. NOT. TOUCH. THE. MASTER. SWORD. Only one of pure heart can weild the Master Sword (which is ironic considering Christina bought me a replica of the Master Sword). 7) How much do you know about game design? Did you just download game maker and say "I'm gonna do it!" even without having the slightest knowledge of the system? Do you even know how a game runs? Do you even know the basics of the basics of Game Maker's scripting language (GML)? I doubt it. If this project is a success, I'll take a picture for all of you of me wearing a Donkey Kong costume ;/
He also used the banana link.
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 10:20:33 pm »
  • w00t
Although Madilim Kagalakan was fairly harsh there, most of his points are valid.  I would suggest starting out with simple puzzle and maze games and working your way up.  It's nothing to be ashamed of.  Heck, I was never a decent game maker at all.  The game in my sig, Link Maze, is about as complex as I can handle, and I eventually lost interest in making games.  It was fun for a while, but it turned out to be something I wouldn't truly enjoy, and I'm glad I never started a major project since I know I would have abandoned it after a while.

You could try printing out the GML section of the GM help manual and reading some of it each night before bed.  The next day, try to apply what you've learned.  You have to start out simple and add things as you learn more.  You can't instantly make first-class games, but with constant practice, you can improve dramatically.

Oh, and once again, if you wish to create a signature for yourself, click on My Controls at the top of the page and set it up in the profile information section.  Otherwise, you're just abusing the smileys.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

Re: New Zelda fan game needs help
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 11:05:53 pm »
well i dont know how to make maze games ethier with a link guy  :'(

:lol:
 :ganon:
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 11:13:03 pm »
Sorry but I'm with Madilim Kagalakan, even though he was harsh there, all he said is undoubtly valid, what dantheman said also applies...
Just wanted to add something: a Zelda Fan Game is nothing about being cool or something easy, nor about one have an idea and request a team to fulfill the other's idea. A Zelda Fan Game is a reunion of very-very hard work, with the various aspects of gamemaking (level designing, game designing, storyline, and a lot more of stuff), and experience on gamemaking, and YOU must be the one doing the biggest part of the thing - not to expect to people to offer themselves to do the whole game...
I'll offer you an example: me, I first downloaded Game Maker (4.something >_>) it has been ~3 years since then... Well... I've quite dedicated some time to Game Maker, and still can't go far on a Zelda game, so far, I've just been able to complete 2 puzzle games...
Just coming to a Fan Games forum just to recruit people for a team isn't also very helping for your situation...
I hope you learn something from here, and lots of newbies around here - they just keep on coming...
In case you're going for it, good luck. ;D
I
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 11:18:10 pm »
  • w00t
Aren't there some basic tutorials on the Game Maker website for creating some small maze games? 

And please stop abusing the smileys.  They're fine once in a while, but using them in every post gets annoying.

EDIT:  this post directed to ToLiNkYfOrYoU, not Ricky

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 77 queries.

anything