Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Zelda fan game needs help  (Read 10018 times)

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

Re: New Zelda fan hame needs help
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 11:37:13 pm »
i already have the story line already i have some maps made in my head i cant put them down on my comp though and im sorry for using smilies

cause i mean like i just wanted some help cause im new to making games and stuff thats all >.>

Chesu

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 02:01:42 am »
with (ToLiNkYfOrYoU)
{
if global.GML_proficiency < 1
{
game_end()
}
}

:D
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2007, 07:22:27 pm »
with (ToLiNkYfOrYoU)
{
if global.GML_proficiency < 1
{
game_end()
}
}

:D

...you forgot to indent D:

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2007, 07:40:02 pm »
What the heck was that you did with my name in it ??????? just wondering LOL  :lol:
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2007, 07:51:17 pm »
OMFG... I will die if another noob like ToLiNkYfOrYoU joins ZFGC.

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2007, 08:01:56 pm »
I might be a noob but what are *Sticks tounge out at Hyrule_boy*
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2007, 08:06:33 pm »
You don't have any game making experience
You can't write game correct

What else can you do besides making yourself looking pathetic?
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2007, 08:12:29 pm »
Please keep this topic civil and do not resort to flaming, but yeah, trying to make a game when you do not understand code or the code message that was an insult to you is not a good idea.  Taking small steps is the smart thing to do, and the best programmers did not start out as perfect.  But seriously, re-evaluate your position on this matter and try to understand why we are calling you a n00b.  It is not to hurt you or make you feel sad, but for you to recognize that you are taking things way to far way too fast.

Chesu

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2007, 09:40:57 pm »
ToLiNkYfOrYoU, that thing with your name in it? That's GML, the scripting language used to write games in Game Maker. If you can't write GML, any game you make in will be simple and won't run very well. Sure, some people can make amazing using the drag-and-drop function... people who have loads of experience with GML, that is.

To put it bluntly, you have to know quite a bit of GML to make a Zelda game even presentable, let alone interesting to play. You didn't even recognize a simple expression... judging by your earlier posts, you don't even know how to put images into the program. I recommend reading the Game Maker manual, trying a few tutorials, then making a maze of a simple platformer, or a shooter or something. Then, and only then... will you be able to START gaining the experience needed to work on something like a Zelda game.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2007, 09:45:56 pm »
  • .越//
what shows us? GAME MAKING IS NOT EASY AT ALL!!!!!

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2007, 10:24:02 pm »
Really i don't care anymore i can create this game by myself i found a manual plus i can make it better off by myself i haven't been feeling well lately so thats why I'm kinda pi**ed
but its all right i can kinda take diss's >.> sorry i kept this forum open so long ight
                                      PEACE

P.S.
i wont ask for help anymore alright   :(

uma

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2007, 11:07:02 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
If you are going to create this hame by your self, you should use rpgmaker2003. Its WAY WAY WAY WAY more simpler than gamemaker. But it also as WAY WAY WAY WAY more limits.

Also, this is off topic... but please type betterer... please! Thats probably why everyone was all "lol n00b" at you. You fit the perfect description of a n00b: Typing with no capitals, periods and some minor spelling errors, asking for help to make a project that could be impossible, using banana link and dancing ganon in excess, ect...

I'm not saying you have to type using huge, large words, but at least type like your being serious. And you don't have to do the game alone. But when you ask like help like that, only a serious idiot would help.(Uh... no offence or anything)
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2007, 11:08:51 pm »
i was tired when i was typing this i accidently h instead of g they are close together dur everyone knows that
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2007, 11:11:36 pm »
i was tired when i was typing this i accidently h instead of g they are close together dur everyone knows that
There is a button called 'modify' the great thing about it is that you can modify your posts and topic titles with it.  :lol:

uma

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2007, 11:15:14 pm »

i was just kidding i dint meen to b meen k and dint u see hame wen u typd it do u hav eye dur e ven a blind person can se that
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2007, 11:28:49 pm »
  • w00t
Enough people.  He gets the idea.  And uma, please don't be a hypocrite.
Its WAY WAY WAY WAY more simpler than gamemaker. But it also as WAY WAY WAY WAY more limits.
"It's" has an apostrophe when used as a contraction.  "More simpler" is incorrect grammar, as "simpler" itself suffices.  Game Maker and RPG Maker should be capitalized.  "as" = "has"?  "Way more" is incorrect grammar; "MANY MANY MANY MANY more" would be more correct.
please type betterer
"Betterer" is not a word.
using banana link and dancing ganon in excess
Link and Ganon are not capitalized.
at least type like your being serious
"Your" is possessive.  "You're" means "you are" which is what you meant.

If you're going to criticize another person and be a grammar nazi (Wikipedia spells it in lowercase, hence my lack of capitalization), at least take the time to make sure your own posts are coherent.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

uma

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2007, 11:40:23 pm »
I was kidding. I would of typed it "well" as I normaly do if he didn't put the "dur everyone knows that" comment. That REALLY sets me off.

I mean, its pretty obvious.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2007, 11:43:04 pm »
  • w00t
His post with "dur everyone knows that" was posted after you made your own post, the one I quoted each time.

"would of" should be "would have"
"normaly" should be "normally"
>_>; 
Okay, stopping now, hehe.  ;)
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0

uma

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2007, 11:47:04 pm »

This is the post i'm talking about. The one to which I replied:

i was just kidding i dint meen to b meen k and dint u see hame wen u typd it do u hav eye dur e ven a blind person can se that

Not the one I made trying to help him.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2007, 11:57:00 pm »
  • w00t
I understand that, and I realize that that was intentional, made to prove a point.  My "don't be a hypocrite" comment was referring to your post that tried to help him.  You were criticizing him for being "n00b-like" while at the same time demonstrating that you don't check your own posts for the very errors you were looking down upon.  I just felt it was rather funny, that's all.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 77 queries.

anything