Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda II - Adventure of Link Map Project (aLttP)  (Read 4096 times)

Zelda II - Adventure of Link Map Project (aLttP)
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:05:06 am »
Was thinking about doing something like this for the past few weeks or so.  Since Majora finished his OoT2D map, I got some inspiration to start this.  Be forewarned, this map will be HUGE.  You can see the dimensions alone just for this uncompleted area.

Anyway, I will post updates in new replies and update this first post with the most current areas.

Currently used tools:Game Maker 8(not 8.1)

Nothing is 100% set in stone.  Right Now, I am just trying to get it all tiled out in the way I envision it using just A Link to the Past tiles(which I am pulling straight from the Lightworld complete map from vgmaps).  Once that is done, I will open up in paint.net and fine tune it since there will be some errors due to LttP not having the specific tiles needed to make areas and tiles seamlessly transition.

It would look empty in some areas due to the scale I chose.  Remember, there would be enemies all over the overworld to replace the random encounters so a larger world would be filled to compensate.

I hope you enjoy this and PLEASE, do not steal.  This is NOT for distribution, this is for criticism and suggestions.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: Zelda II - Adventure of Link Map Project (aL...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 12:08:08 pm »
I think its great, i looked at zelda 2 and the first time i got into the overworld i thought something like this would be alot cooler. Also in areas like the cave to the right that you first go in maybe try to do deep grass? Because in the game thats what surrounded it and maybe it would be sweet. I think this is a great idea, one i wanted to try myself if i wasnt busy. Good luck on this.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 01:20:08 pm »
Sweet :D. Looks a little big though. But I guess the scale makes more sense this way for an alttp overworld. Looking forward to see more.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 02:29:21 pm »
Now this could be truely awesome, however because of how large it is I can't help but feel you'll just be sat in the same direction for what seems like forever and it might play badly as a result.

I'm impressed with the detail you've put in to make it seem busy the whole way though, and it seems to match up rather well with the original map. Going to be keeping my eyes on this :).
  • Elliott Parkinson

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 02:32:34 pm »
Wouldn't Zelda II work better in the gameboy style? LttP doesn't have any sidescrolling areas, but GBC does. Still looks awesome though! Good luck re-imagining the dungeons :p
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 02:40:54 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
What a brilliant and interesting idea! Of course, I do see that there would easily be a problem at that scale with the town Rauru, but you still have a great way of imagining/re-imagining that field outside of the North Palace. Might I only suggest, for the Tantari Desert, that you add some terrain instead of just sand. How about sinkholes, small cliffs, rocks, bluffs, etc.?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 02:43:50 am »
What a brilliant and interesting idea! Of course, I do see that there would easily be a problem at that scale with the town Rauru, but you still have a great way of imagining/re-imagining that field outside of the North Palace. Might I only suggest, for the Tantari Desert, that you add some terrain instead of just sand. How about sinkholes, small cliffs, rocks, bluffs, etc.?

I was thinking about this last night as I fell asleep. XD.  I will probably add some hills and the such.  I need to see if there are any good dead tree tiles in LttP style floating around the internet I could use there as well.

The towns will be for the most part placed with the main roads being the central spot.

House ROAD House
Space ROAD Space
House ROAD House
etc
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 09:34:07 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I did a few dead trees for Martijn, if they suit you, you could try them out:

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 12:16:27 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
A pretty clever idea, I'll admit! My only crit is the paths need more character than just STRAIGHT-DIAGONAL-STRAIGHT-FORK-STRAIGHT :P Make them curve inwards and outwards, and maybe break at some parts, or at least get a bit grassier :)
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 56 queries.