Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Kokori Ruins  (Read 3952 times)

[Submission] Kokori Ruins
« on: November 06, 2015, 09:40:55 pm »
  • It's just Max.
The Kokori Children vanished after the Deku tree was destroyed in a war long ago. Their village has decayed through the years, but their spirits still haunt the ruins, playing childish tricks on those who wander through.

In the shadows of the remains of the central building is a staircase leading to a tunnel woven into the roots of the village. However, it is blocked off by thorny vines. Upon investigating it, the ghost of a child appears. "I was playing hide and seek, but I couldn't find anyone. I've been looking... for a long time. Will you help me?" This will prompt other ghosts to appear in other houses.

In the other ruined houses, Link can find the other ghost children hiding under boxes or behind bookshelves. As Link approaches, he can hear the ghost giggling. When he moves the box or bookshelf, the ghost will appear and circle around him, saying "Can't catch me!".

Link has to hit the ghost with his boomerang to still it, upon which it will say something. "The Deku Tree told us to play hide and seek a while ago. Have you been looking this whole time?" "You aren't as scary as the other people who were looking for us." "I didn't know if anyone would be able to find us! Who told us to hide again? Is he still here?" The implication being that the Deku Tree saw the war coming and when Ganondorf's troops showed up to destroy the tree, it told the children to hide so they wouldn't be killed. And they've been hiding ever since, even though the Deku Tree was uprooted and the children became ghosts. (If we're feeling fairly dark, we could have little piles of bones under the boxes or whatever, as if the children died waiting to be found.)(That's pretty dark though.)

After finding three ghost children, Link goes back to the central building and can talk to the first ghost. "The Deku Tree told me I was it because I was the strongest. My friends were hiding for a long time. But I don't know if anyone won the game..." The ghost fades away and the thorns disappear, allowing Link to access the staircase.

Link can go down to the tunnel, which has some enemies and a puzzle or two. At the end is the Acrobat Talisman (or if we don't decide to use the magic talismans, some other reward).

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:54:04 pm by Donotfeedthemax »
Re: [Submission] Kokori Ruins
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 11:19:38 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I like it, let me just go over the talismans and potions before making any decisions

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 03:04:49 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
(If we're feeling fairly dark, we could have little piles of bones under the boxes or whatever, as if the children died waiting to be found.)(That's pretty dark though.)

How about sticks? It'd be a stretch, but considering that they are indeed child-like spirits created by the Deku Tree, the question is what did the Deku Tree use to shape them? Well, what does a tree have at its disposal? Sticks, leaves, seeds...
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 04:33:03 am »
  • It's just Max.
I like the idea of sticks. It's sort of got that implication, but isn't toooo dark like bones kinda would be.

The Acrobat Talisman shouldn't have any conflict with potions, it just lets you walk across tightropes and narrow ledges more quickly.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 48 queries.