Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easter egg? *spoilers for anyone who hasn't gotten past the fourth dungeon*  (Read 2512 times)

Easter egg? *spoilers for anyone who hasn't gott...
« on: November 25, 2006, 07:49:44 am »
  • Shunner of Light
Who could these guys be?  We know they're Sages who guard the Mirror of Twilight, but are they any more than just that?

I mean, why do they have those symbols from the medalions of OoT if they aren't related?  Or are those symbols related to all of Hyrule?  Is it just a reference, like the stained glass windows in TWW?
Re: Easter egg? *spoilers for anyone who hasn't ...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 08:04:12 am »
there has been alot of things related to OoT in TP from what i've seen so far.. like when that dead zora said that her husband used to make tunics for the ancient hero.. TP takes place after OoT anyways so they could possibly be the sages from OoT
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 08:35:28 am by DugOLas »
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 03:56:28 pm »
  • *whistle*
there has been alot of things related to OoT in TP from what i've seen so far.. like when that dead zora said that her husband used to make tunics for the ancient hero.. TP takes place after OoT anyways so they could possibly be the sages from OoT

Most of the sages from OoT were, in fact, women. And there's are strange ghostly men with body parts not all attached. :P

Also, some of the sages from OoT were not actually human - Kokiri, Goron and Zora, remember?

Anyway, they could be the ANCIENT sages referred to in OoT - of which Rauru (I think) was the only survivor. Explaining why they're all male, why they're dressed like that, and why they're apparently ghosts.

Or they could be completely unrelated sages of the same elements. :P
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 10:58:46 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
Well, I'm not completely sure, but someone on another forum brought up the idea that they might not really be what they appear to be; they seem to have "masks", with no faces behind them, so perhaps they're facades.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 10:55:39 am »
  • *whistle*
What I find interesting about them is that their story of how Ganondorf was sealed away is NOT canon for the Zelda series - as in, it contradicts what happened in Ocarina of Time.

Would this, then, be evidence for the dual timeline theory? That instead of Ganondorf being sealed away with the Master Sword at the end of OoT, in this timeline, he was sealed away by the sages after his coup failed completely - so he never became king of Hyrule?
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 05:37:42 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
Well, I wouldn't think that;  First of all, it was never said in OoT that the way they sealed Ganon was by using the Master Sword.  Zelda just told Link to "deliver the final blow" using it, and then she told the Sages to seal him away, and a little while after, Link replaced the Master Sword into the Pedestal of Time(or at least went back to just before he picked it up).

I think that the scene might be either a retelling of how Ganon was sealed by the Sages from OoT, or that he was causing too much problems in the Sacred Realm(much like the interlopers) and so the Goddesses decided he had to be put away for good.

But by who, exactly, we don't really know.  Perhaps those Sages are the ancient ones that supposedly created Hyrule, according to Rauru?
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 05:42:56 pm »
  • ..Goodbye..
Uhm...the guy above me is right, Pyru. Sages sealed away Ganon, master sword just kicked his ass so he COULD be sealed away.
Helios did it.
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 06:30:38 pm »
  • *whistle*
Uhm...the guy above me is right, Pyru. Sages sealed away Ganon, master sword just kicked his ass so he COULD be sealed away.

True.

But the cutscene shows Ganondorf on the roof of the arbiter's grounds or whatever, kicking the ass out of these sages... and we know that after Ganondorf was defeated, he was sent straight to the Sacred Realm, no fussing about on any rooftops.
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 06:55:20 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
I guess so.  I was just thinking it was a possibility.  I mean, in TWW, the scrolls in the intro telling about the Hero Of Time, don't exactly define what happened or where it happened.  And the statue of the Hero of Time doesn't exactly look like the orginal, either.

Also, does anyone know anything about the sword Ganondorf stole?  We know that the "Light" Sage tried to use it, and that it had some kind of god-like power.
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 07:50:37 pm »
  • *whistle*
I guess so.  I was just thinking it was a possibility.  I mean, in TWW, the scrolls in the intro telling about the Hero Of Time, don't exactly define what happened or where it happened.  And the statue of the Hero of Time doesn't exactly look like the orginal, either.

Also, does anyone know anything about the sword Ganondorf stole?  We know that the "Light" Sage tried to use it, and that it had some kind of god-like power.

I think he uses it in the final boss battle, and it's somehow an opposite to the Master Sword or something. Similar power anyway. Just, obviously, he can actually touch that one, while he can't touch the Master Sword.
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 08:09:15 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
I see.  I wonder if it'll come back in any future comes, or if the swords Ganondorf had in TWW or the trident have any connection at all...
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 10:27:41 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
i'm sure the contradiction will be explained - Ninty isn't stupid afterall

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 11:23:45 pm »
  • *whistle*
i'm sure the contradiction will be explained - Ninty isn't stupid afterall

Actually, I think this is the most convincing idea for the dual timelines theory yet... Link, back from defeating Ganon, goes back in time, warns Zelda of Ganondorf's upcoming coup, possibly helps defeat him and then leaves for Termina... meanwhile, they need a different way to seal away Ganondorf. Which fails. So they do the whole twilight mirror thing.
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 11:31:55 pm »
I would agree w/ that except that nintendo said that ww follows after oot's adult link ending, which kinda kills that theory since tp is inbetween oot and ww.  100 years to be exact (in nintendo power today ^_^)  here's a video on a timeline theor ybtw

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/zelda/clips-final-zelda-retrospective-up-216277.php

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 04:25:31 pm »
  • *whistle*
since tp is inbetween oot and ww.

Chronologically, yes, but it hasn't been confirmed that it's in the same timeline as WW.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/zelda/clips-final-zelda-retrospective-up-216277.php

Which is a) a loada !@#$% and b) all supposition.
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 04:26:21 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
What do you mean "which timeline"?
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 04:31:21 pm »
  • *whistle*
What do you mean "which timeline"?

Never heard of the dual timeline theory? The idea is that Link, at the end of OoT, by going back in time and doing things differently, created two timelines - one which leads on to WW, where the Hero of Time becomes legend, and Ganon sealed away, and a second timeline where... we're not quite sure how things pan out, but Link leaves for Termina at some point.
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 02:42:10 am »
Which is a) a loada bullpoo and b) all supposition.

as is every other zelda timeline out there.  See I still think that TP is before WW in the same timeline.  One reason being the position of Hyrule Castle in both games is the same - what seems to be the center.  Personally I like the retrospective timeline best since everything fits together so nicely.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 70 queries.