Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ordon Sword <<< all others *Major end of TP spoilers!*  (Read 567 times)

Ordon Sword <<< all others *Major end of TP spoi...
« on: January 04, 2007, 04:51:17 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
NOTE:I've only tried this on the GC version, as I don't have the Wii yet.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this, but in the final four battles of the game, the Ordon Sword is useless, making it so you absolutely HAVE to use the Master Sword(I'm not sure about other enemies or bosses).  Yet I think I found a way to make the Ordon Sword more useful:

For example, during the fight with Zelda, two great spin attacks ussualy allows her to be hit by her own magic(each time, not to actually end the battle).  After doing the second great spin, quickly press start and switch to the Ordon Sword.  If done correctly, Zelda will still be hit by her own magic, and will eventually be defeated if you keep doing this.  Then there's the next cutscene, but what's different about it is that Link is holding the Ordon Sword instead of the Master Sword.  Close to the same thing can be done with all the other bosses, although the thing with the great spin doesn't work with the final fight with Ganondorf.

On both Ganon, and Ganondorf on horseback, you can hold B to charge a spin attack, and, as quickly as you can, switch back to using the Ordon Sword, and yet the spin attack will still be useful, and the Ordon Sword will take place of the Master Sword, except for during most of the final cutscene.

Even though the spin attack won't work on the final Ganondorf fight, there are still other ways to do this.  For example, when you attempt to do the chance thing, just before you clash swords with Ganondorf, you can switch to the Ordon Sword and still continue to try and push him back(I've only succeeded at this once, though, unlike all the others I mentioned and will mention, and the first time I tried, I did it too early.  I think it's just luck).  I also noticed that in mid-swipe when using the Ordon Sword, if you switch to the Master Sword again, Ganon will somehow automaticaly block.

And finally, when you attempt to do the ending blow to Ganondorf, there are only a few second between when you press A and when it goes into a cutscene where you can pause it, and switch equipment.  Change to the Ordon Sword, unpause, and Ganondorf will magicaly get to his feet as if you never knocked him on the ground.  But Link will still do the ending blow, and you will defeat Ganondorf.  Sadly, we don't get to see the Ordon Sword in Ganon's chest, or in the Pedestal of Time. 
And what's worse is that the Ordon Sword seems to have disappeared out of thin air(at least until the scene where Midna leaves).

Has anyone else done this?
Re: Ordon Sword <<< all others *Major end of TP ...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 05:05:21 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
wow thats weird...i hope that works on the wii version too, im going to try it.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Re: Ordon Sword <<< all others *Major end of TP ...
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 06:17:25 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
Make sure you have quick reflexes, it takes a little bit of practice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 40 queries.