Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why didn't..  (Read 2527 times)

Why didn't..
« on: August 05, 2007, 01:07:34 pm »
  • [sic]
you vote for Cedris? (although I know some 14 did)

I got really really few comments on Cedris (read: one), and I think a lot of the people who voted for him did so just because they didn't like Cirru. This isn't a complaint thread - I was happy to get votes at all - I just wanted to know what you guys think makes a better character.

Two reasons I suspect are just that the story was way too long at first and the text was also big, so the presentation wasnt great, and that I made some references in the story that people didn't get.

So, I hope I can come up with something better next year.
Re: Why didn't..
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 01:30:52 pm »
On the character competition, I usually vote according to the charisma that the drawing passes to me... And a medieval warrior without mouth and lifeless eyes isn't really very charismatic.
More luck next year. ;)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 01:33:47 pm »
  • [sic]
OK, thanks. In this case I'm going to say "thats just my style", so my style that lost a vote. k.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 01:37:01 pm »
I think it was because the text was too long. But Goroneater's text was longer than yours and got more popularity. I think that during the match against Cirru, people were surprised with Cirru's beatiful art, but when they entered your topic with a worse art and a longer text they'd have ignored the text and voted Cirru. I regret that I didn't read the text, otherwise I'd have voted Cedris. Hane's text was also gigantic, I wasn't going to read it either (Hoffy describes a lot, really -_-) but everyone was saying that it was a fantastic text, that's why I read.

Anyway, maybe it was the organization of the text. If you compare to Goroneater's, his text had more images, the images called more attention, and his presentation was more organised and clear... But your text was actually very good.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 02:13:41 pm »
  • puck you
Aye, I think I voted for Cedris (can't remember)

I think, better art (definitly) or such a kick ass story that it blows their minds and it shows them that you've put the effort in, if not visual-wise then literature-wise.

I liked Cedris' story because I love music. I didn't really feel like voting for Cirru because... well... Vector art means not much to me =/
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 02:15:20 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
I think it's not that Cedris' art was bad. On the contrary, but I think people just like Cirru better. A naked angel with the face of a pretty girl, it had a huge sex appeal :P

Also, don't feel too bad you've lost. In my opinion, Inferno was the toughest division there was. Had you beaten Cirru, you'd have to face Hyrule_boy and FISSURE.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 02:41:35 pm »
  • puck you
Yeah, your art wasn't that bad.

I think it's what Neo said. Huge sex appeal.

Thank goodness I wasn't in the inferno division though.
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 11:59:21 am »
  • [sic]
Haha, thanks all. And yeah, I don't feel bad, I acutally was happy to see that I got that many votes at all. (I was recalling the spriting competition, where nobody really voted.. or entered)

So the general consensus is that my character was good, but too bland to win out. Well, thanks, hope I can come up with something kick-ass for next year.
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 01:16:36 am »
I voted for you. Cedris is way awesomer than Cirru. No offense CA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 52 queries.

anything