Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The one and only Paper Mario 2 thread *spoilers I think*  (Read 982 times)

The one and only Paper Mario 2 thread *spoilers ...
« on: October 21, 2007, 02:50:33 am »
  • Shunner of Light
After beating Metroid Prime 1 and 100%ing Metroid Prime 2, I decided to trade them in and see if I could get a game I haven't already played and that would take more than a few hours to get through.

My sister wouldn't stop bugging me and asking me to get My Sims, but eventually I decided to get Paper Mario 2(although I still have to beat Bowser in PM1), and I think it was a good deal.

So far, after having had completed a chapter, the game seems a whole lot more complicated than the first, even if most of the controls are the same and there's still the basic plot of gathering seven mystic objects and pwning someone at the end. 

Really, though, the crowd seems to add a little depth I suppose, and the idea of your partner having seperate HP was good.  And some of the mini-games involved in the attacks I feel are a bit better.  Plus, a lot of the puzzles are neat and require much more thought than those in the recent Zelda games(or pretty much any Zelda game after the Oracles or MM, and OoT is pretty easy, too).

As much as I loved the art style in the first Paper Mario, PM2 simply pwns it.  Rogueport seems a lot cooler than Toadtown, the underground city isn't too bad, etc.  But my favorite has to be the Boggy Forest, even if it does seem like sort of a recolor of rwo of the levels from the first Paper Mario.  I also love how the special effects usually play off of the idea that the world is made of paper.

I don't really care for the music, though.  It's not bad, but it's nothing special.

Overall I think I like it better than the first, although the bosses so far have seemed easier than in PM1.  And does it mean I'm going too fast if I already got through a chapter at nearly six hours?

And finally, what do you think of the game.

Other things not of much importance: I got to play a little bit of Phantom Hourglass, but it's nothing *really* new. >.>...<.<...
And supposedly I might be able to get MP3 as an early birthday gift, unless it's worth it to get Super Paper Mario with having already spoiled the story for myself.
Re: The one and only Paper Mario 2 thread *spoil...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 02:54:24 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Six hours for one chapter? You're playing slow, if anything. I'm near the end with 20-something hours (couldn't be bothered to keep playing after watching Mole Drill beat the game)
  • Lionfish Apps

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 03:57:33 am »
  • Silly cat!
Just wait until you get to the end... the storyline takes a direction you don't expect it to take, and it gets pretty dark. Paper Mario 2 is a great game, and probably my favourite in the Paper Mario series.

Also, hurry up and do Chapter 3. That's the best one.

Hoffy.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 09:37:56 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I love this game. Im on my second way around and im in the boggley woods.
its so awesome, i love the way everything is paper. (what with it being paper mario and all)

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Busternaut

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 01:20:21 pm »
I love chapter 3 and...i think 7(the train one)

Those 2 were very fun with the mistery solvings.

also i beat the game in like 18 hours
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 02:19:39 am »
  • Shunner of Light
At about 12-14 hours, I just got the ability to roll up into a paper tube, although according to this guy, it's a curse.  It reminds me of how you get the magic meter upgrade in ALttP. :p

Chapter 3 was good, even if I do find it a bit similar to Chapter 3 in the original Paper Mario.  I was surprised at the end, though, because Rawk Hawk was pretty d*** easy to beat, and then all of a sudden I have to fight another boss.

EDIT:
I'm also liking the relationship between Peach and TEC.  I just hope I don't have to bake any cakes for it.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 08:30:13 am »
  • Silly cat!
At about 12-14 hours, I just got the ability to roll up into a paper tube, although according to this guy, it's a curse.  It reminds me of how you get the magic meter upgrade in ALttP. :p

Chapter 3 was good, even if I do find it a bit similar to Chapter 3 in the original Paper Mario.  I was surprised at the end, though, because Rawk Hawk was pretty d*** easy to beat, and then all of a sudden I have to fight another boss.

EDIT:
I'm also liking the relationship between Peach and TEC.  I just hope I don't have to bake any cakes for it.
No, you don't have to bake cakes for TEC. I especially loved the discussions Peach had with TEC, too... just because it's something different for the Mario series, but something that can only be done well for the Paper Mario series.

Also, don't censor damn.

Hoffy.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 08:33:20 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I officially believe I'm the only one who hates Paper Mario lol...

I thought Mario RPG was good... but only because Square helped with it :s
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 06:10:30 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
How can you not like Paper Mario?  The only way I'd be disapointed in it is if I were looking for some hardcore RPG with a neat story.  Paper Mario does have a good story, but most of the time it seems to rely on humor rather than be serious, unlike all the other RPGs I've played.

Yay, no cake-baking.  But maybe there will be something harder than that.  Hopefully I'm wrong. :p

Bowser's levels are fun, but seem a little too short and easy for my tastes.  Maybe someday they could make a Super Princess Bowser or something.

And on a side-note, do the X-Nauts remind anyone of either Eggman or the Ancient Minister?
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 08:26:19 pm »
Super Princess Bowser? I'd buy that in an instant.

I love all three Paper Mario games. Great sense of humor, great stories, great music, etc.

Busternaut

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 09:00:08 pm »
Super Princess Bowser?
I don't wanna imagine that.

:-X
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 56 queries.