Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey, guys, I need your help here!  (Read 1682 times)

Hey, guys, I need your help here!
« on: February 11, 2008, 08:29:58 pm »
I need a piece of code to check if objHero is next to objBlock. idk, it seems so easy, but if distance_to_object doesnt work, cuz that means over and under as well.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 08:49:25 pm by J_dog »
Re: Hey, guys, I need your help here!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 11:37:48 pm »
I found this engine a long time ago. I didn't make it, but it has exactly what you asked for, and MORE! (Attached)
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 02:55:20 am »
It seems good, but the engine is so integrated into itself that I can't take anything out of it.  :(
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 11:44:55 am »
It seems good, but the engine is so integrated into itself that I can't take anything out of it.  :(
That's because you shouldn't take things out of it! That engine should give you a idea on how to create platform game where you can push and stand on a block. If all the code in that example doesn't make any sense to you then I don't think you are ready to create a platform game like that.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 01:39:38 pm »
That's because you shouldn't take things out of it! That engine should give you a idea on how to create platform game where you can push and stand on a block. If all the code in that example doesn't make any sense to you then I don't think you are ready to create a platform game like that.

What I meant was I can't get anything out of it, there are so many variables for the game and so many other things that I can't tell what is the actual block movement is. Then again, I didn't look too far into it. So, I'll check again. Oh, and I'm not inexperienced with GML, quite the contrary, I think I'm pretty good, and although this is a pretty easy thing to do, I can't figure it out at the moment. I was just hoping for a simple piece of code that does this, but I understand that it is a favor you guys are doing for me, so thanks.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 01:41:24 pm by J_dog »
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 10:16:07 pm »
nvm, got my answer in 15 min ovet at the gmc :P ::) 8) :o :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 47 queries.