Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Future  (Read 18290 times)

Re: Zelda Future
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 10:54:48 pm »
That's a good base sprite, but it could be better. Link looks very angry with that camera angle. :P
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 12:35:48 am »
@Source: Thanks. I'll try out the angled hearts again.

@Moldrill: Yeah, I just threw that together quick, didn't finish the hair and didn't start the eyes.  He'll look kinder in the next draft.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 12:20:23 am by Nabeshin »
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 12:34:49 am »
Ehh, double post, sorry.  Wanted to showcase how the Link sprite had progressed, and see what can be done better.

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 12:36:56 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Looking much better. :) Somehow I feel like his legs are too big somehow, like, it doesn't seem top-down enough.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 12:39:21 am »
He's supposed to be rocking a shirt and pants, that's probably why it looks weird.  No tunic, less coverage.
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 12:43:26 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Ooohh. I get it now. The shirt kinda looks like a straight tunic now though.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 12:49:29 am »
It's supposed to be asymmetric at the bottom, but I flattened it out in the last sprite, so yeah.  I'll try to make it more jagged again.

Also, just for reference, we're eventually aiming for something resembling this: http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j239/friedgreenmushrooms/101_0270.jpg
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 01:19:02 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
DeathTailsz, did you read anything more than the first paragraph (which was saying what the game isn't). Also, saying that anything set in the future is a "Halo 3 Magnet" or even is slightly similar to Halo 3 is being really closed-minded. >.<

Anyways, that's a nice art Nabeshin.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 01:26:07 am »
And if you've played Halo 3 you'll see it's not a completely terrible game. It's not the best game or the first FPS or anything like some fans of the series like to think, but it's a good game.

Also, HUD looks better with slanted hearts. :P
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 01:33:01 am »
As I tried to make very clear in my first post, this game isn't about Future, it's about Zelda.  Thanks to you guys for sticking up for me.  (I was busy writing a long post. =P)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe this is a good time to go over exactly what the futuristic parts will be, and what will stay the same, just so we're all on the same page.

I might as well come right out and say what will probably not sit well with some people, that the first sword is a Beam Sword.  That's not even mincing words, it is literally called "Beam Sword" in the game.  Here's some colour concepts.

If you need some assurance, later in the game an actual sword comes into play, an entirely non-beam one.  So don't fret.

There are some items that are changed to match the time period, there are some that remain the same.  One example I'll use is the Vacuum Bomb.    There's a liquid inside that explodes when it contacts the air.  It sucks in air through a little hatch, and boom.  The end result is the same, though; something gets blown up.

On the "completely unchanged" side, we have the Megaton Hammer.   (Yes, I am directly taking the Hammer and using it in the game.  I'm a madman, I know.)  And of course, it acts in much the same way as hammers usually do.

Fundamentally, gameplay remains the same.  Hearts and magic are collectible dropped items, as are bombs and other pickups.  In dungeons, things are different and also the same.  There are keys; in some dungeons, they're keycards, but in other dungeons they're normal metal keys, for instance if the dungeon is an old ruin.  There are maps and compasses, which work in the same way; thing is, now they're programs that run on Link's little handheld terminal.  And in the same way as keys, there will be old-school maps and compasses also.  And you know the rest, the dungeon has an item, a boss, the usual.

Hyrule hasn't taken so well to the age.  Castle Town has grown, Kakariko is a slum.  There's a bit of the futuristic staple, pollution.  The other races of Hyrule aren't so technology-focused; the Gorons especially are secluded due to Death Mountain having become completely unscalable.

Also, I might as well go as far as saying that Ganon is in it, just so no one thinks I'm leading them on.  I will say, however, that he won't necessarily be holding his typical role.

I'd like to think it still has the Zelda charm despite the new face, but maybe you'll have to see that yourself when screens start showing up and we move this puppy over to Work in Progress.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:40:24 am by Nabeshin »

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2008, 03:59:10 am »
  • Angelic Hymn
Hmmm....
Those choice of swords is tricky...

I'd probably go with either the Blue or Yellowish/Gold one. =D

Sorry that I was being a total jerk... 

There's something weird going on with me right now...  I'll try to behave more... "Me"

Megaton Hammar!  *Huggles it and says, "My Precious."*

Edit: Oh, I deleted my post instead, sorry for being so mean... =(
And if you've played Halo 3 you'll see it's not a completely terrible game. It's not the best game or the first FPS or anything like some fans of the series like to think, but it's a good game.

The hype on that game made it terrible. >_<
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 04:06:42 am by DeathTailsz »

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2008, 04:02:01 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Sounds really cool Nabeshin. :) I can't wait to see some action on that. n_n
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2008, 04:16:46 pm »

The hype on that game made it terrible. >_<

So does that mean that Final Fantasy 7 or Ocarina of Time are terrible games. Those were hyped to the same extreme where fans were saying "This is the best game of all time". But those games are still fun if you ignore the hype.

On Topic: Pink sword kicks ass.
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 03:34:42 am »
New iteration of the HUD:

Also, the sprite beside my name is the Book of Mudora, hopefully it looks decent.  Even though it's just an MC edit, haha.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:36:37 am by Nabeshin »

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2008, 11:28:40 pm »
  • Royal Assassin
I'm thinkin you made those sprites, it looks good so far, I didn't know you were that good.10/10
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2008, 08:29:32 am »
Hey, just so we all don't think I'm dead, here's a little recent graphical stuff from the wiki.

If all goes well I should be able to show off Castleton in a short while.

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2008, 12:39:08 pm »
  • Royal Assassin
Hey, just so we all don't think I'm dead, here's a little recent graphical stuff from the wiki.

If all goes well I should be able to show off Castleton in a short while.

Awesome, but don't you think Link might need a little more futuristic look?
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2008, 07:31:39 pm »
Awesome, but don't you think Link might need a little more futuristic look?
Not particularly?  Zoom in, he's different in a number of ways.

Kirbylore

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2008, 11:49:13 pm »
hey, this looks like it could be pretty promising! I was wondering if you'd like to tell us a little about the general storyline, so we could help you make a title :D
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 12:37:31 am »
It's actually already got a title, I just haven't said it yet.  As for a little of the story, here's a little taste.

The Royal Family dissolved the monarchy, and implemented some kind of governmental body, involving an elected leader or something of the sort. Eventually, this guy named Virgil (not at all pretentious) gets into power, and really craps up Hyrule. He's just a tiny bit corrupt, as all bureaucrats are. And he has long hair, so you know he's evil. All sorts of environmental damage, earthquakes, and other cliched plot devices plague Hyrule, as a result of his !@#$%-poor and unjust management.

There's a group called the Resistance, who are not so happy about the current situation. There's Link, some guy named Rolf, and a professor who is an obvious descendant of the lake scientist from OoT (and some other characters, but they're the important ones).

Link and Rolf go on a mission to Virgil's digs to borrow some high-tech weapons, because the Resistance heard Virgil was developing secret sophisticated tech. They find the stereotypical and aptly-named Beam Sword, but surprise! An alarm is triggered, and Rolf gets captured, leaving Link to run away into Hyrule Field with his new toy, guards in hot pursuit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 75 queries.

anything