Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xmas Concert Song  (Read 2112 times)

Xmas Concert Song
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:52:33 am »
So I got asked to write another piece, this time it was a Christmas piece they wanted for the winter concert. I said I'd write it like, at the start of summer but just never started on it...
So today I woke up and wrote all this craziness in about 8 hours or so. There's so many things going on it's pretty insane. Anyways take a listen and let me know what you think.
Might want to turn the volume up too?

http://www.box.net/shared/a6f0gpnstq
Re: Xmas Concert Song
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 01:55:27 am »
  • Minalien
Can I bear your children?

Your music is so <3 :(

Sounds kinda Piratey/Christmasy at the same time
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 01:58:06 am »
I liked it. Sounds cool. Though, I don't really know why I like it (or any music for that matter)  :P
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 01:59:29 am »
Can I bear your children?

Fo' suuure ;)

Also, thanks :p I think it might be a little short to be played in the concert but at the same time because it's so fast and complicated it almost makes up for that.. any ideas on that?

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 02:03:18 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Sounds great you've got some real talent.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 06:02:05 am »
I really enjoy listening to your compositions, QK.

What program do you use for them? I know my friend likes to use Finale when he composes percussion ensemble music.

Also, if there's one thing I'd like to hear more of in this song (besides just having it longer so I can enjoy it more), it's dynamic contrast. I don't know if it's because of limitations of the program, but I love it when a song varies dynamically between pp and ff, hearing all of the different dynamics in between. So the small, intimate moments a beautifully quiet, and the big triumphant moments really hit you hard and fill up the space.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 08:07:58 am »
What program do you use for them? I know my friend likes to use Finale when he composes percussion ensemble music.
I'm pretty sure he still uses FLStudio, cause he loves my avvy and he was the one who convinced me to take a look at it with the TOMC he ran last year. I owe him one there ;).

Anyway, quite a nice piece overall, one thing I noticed was that the instruments didn't seem all that high quality. But that's fine, it gives it a nice retro feel, and anyway, most of the instruments played in unison a lot of the time.

I agree that it does sound piratey, more so than christmassy IMO.

Nice though :). Yet another great composition from you.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 08:13:29 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
So I got asked to write another piece, this time it was a Christmas piece they wanted for the winter concert. I said I'd write it like, at the start of summer but just never started on it...
So today I woke up and wrote all this craziness in about 8 hours or so. There's so many things going on it's pretty insane. Anyways take a listen and let me know what you think.
Might want to turn the volume up too?

http://www.box.net/shared/a6f0gpnstq

Awesome, and then it becomes a Final Fantasy boss song :D

XD nice QK
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 08:57:34 pm »
Haha oh man. Pirates and Final Fantasy. :3
I agree this piece could use some tweaking with the dynamics and definitely the instrument quality.. but I had to put all this together in one day so I spent 8 or so hours throwing stuff together to get a good enough mockup finished for this morning.
I kind of doubt I'll take the time though to get really detailed with it, mostly because I'm just using this to print the sheet music for the band to play. Otherwise yeah, there's some stuff that needs work :p

Anyways yeah, I'm using FL Studio and stuff.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 07:19:11 pm »
Sounds nice, but a little dissonant in some parts... better check the harmony.

Sounds kinda Piratey/Christmasy at the same time
lol, I thought the same thing.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 10:50:59 pm »
I really like the sounds of this. I wanted to think of something original to say. But all I could think of was: A Pirates Christmas. By the way, is that song Green Sleeves?
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 11:36:39 pm »
mmm dissonance.. I heard a bit of that going on in the bass line near the end with the Bell Carol section although the notes are technically right.. I'm pretty sure it's just the samples I used are a little flat in the lower register :x

And yeah it's greensleeves / what child is this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 58 queries.

anything