Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fusion Game Engine - Source Code Release  (Read 2298 times)

Fusion Game Engine - Source Code Release
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:52:13 pm »
Not quite sure which board I should post this under, so I'm going to put it here. Staff - Feel free to move it if you feel its better somewhere else.

Anyhow, as some of you may know I developed a game engine a year or so back under the name "Fusion". I used this to develop a number of in-house projects at binary phoenix, the main ones you may know of are Crystalline River and LOZ: Vengeance. The engine was abandoned a year or so ago as I felt that the actual coding in the engine was both very shoddy and rushed, and needed to be totally rewritten. Rather than just deleting this project from my harddrive I've decided to release the entire source code for it and for the LOZ: Vengeance game in a hope that some of you may find it useful.

You can compile it under Visual Studio 2008. Be aware however that there are a number of problems with the engine, due to it being abandoned in mid development. The most pressing problems are a horribly inefficient scene graph / graphics engine, memory leaking, and a few unfinished features in the scripting language. I don't intend to fix any of these, if you wish to though, please go right ahead.

Be aware that this release is a more or less copy/paste from my development directory with unneccessary things removed. There are no manuals, not instructions, and a hell of a lot of rude comments. Have fun none the less. And please respect the long hours of work put into this by abiding by the license, as well as not distributing this project elsewhere.

Anyhow without further ado, heres the download link;

http://www.binaryphoenix.com/index.php?action=download&id=119

And heres some screenshots;

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 12:00:13 am by Infini »
Re: Fusion Game Engine - Source Code Release
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 06:50:41 am »
Seems like waste, there is a heap of work gone into this. Nice of you to release the source.
the a o d c

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 06:53:23 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
it's also a shame that you suck at commenting your source >=^(! But! Very awesome nonetheless
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 12:20:04 pm »
Seems like waste, there is a heap of work gone into this. Nice of you to release the source.
Not a waste really. I started it originally to learn C#. Mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned.

I'm considering rewriting the engine given that I have a better grasp of the language now, less shoddy code.

it's also a shame that you suck at commenting your source >=^(! But! Very awesome nonetheless
I overcomment, gtfo.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 12:22:08 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I overcomment, gtfo.

Pics or it didn't happen <_<;;
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 12:28:03 pm »
I overcomment, gtfo.

Pics or it didn't happen <_<;;

+ !@#$% loads of comments in the function bodies.

I even commented an enum, what more do you want XD

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 12:31:44 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
<_< shhh you're making me look bad lol

It could just be that the coding is so superior to anything I've seen in a long time that even with comments I didn't understand it :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 49 queries.