Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Urban Twilight  (Read 2216 times)

Urban Twilight
« on: January 04, 2009, 05:46:01 am »
Hmm I wrote another piece today. Not sure what I think about this. Anyways it's set kind of around late afternoon, and as the piece goes on it gets darker, etc. At least that's the idea I built the song around.

http://www.box.net/shared/klg52xl8hg
Re: Urban Twilight
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 07:02:41 pm »
The introdocution was nice (about the first 30 seconds), though the instruments are quite strange (as if they were playing backwards or something like that... IMO they don't sound very good)

After the introduction the song gets too repetitive, and lacks a melody. It lacks a climax too.

If I were you, I would recompose it from somewhere in the introduction, and change the instruments.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 07:04:37 pm by sjegtp »
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 10:49:44 pm »
Hmm, ok. There's nothing being played backwards in this :p just some standard synths.
I never actually noticed the lack of a melody while writing. Um. >__> I guess it's missing a lot of things though. I got partway through the synth stuff then ran out of ideas/wanted to finish it before I had to sleep. I'll think about putting a melody in there but my computer is going to hate me lol. With like 512mb of ram to work with this song is... difficult to work with (basically having to render it each time to hear how everything sounds)
I'll take another look at it though.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:35:06 am »
Hmm, ok. There's nothing being played backwards in this :p just some standard synths.
I never actually noticed the lack of a melody while writing. Um. >__> I guess it's missing a lot of things though. I got partway through the synth stuff then ran out of ideas/wanted to finish it before I had to sleep. I'll think about putting a melody in there but my computer is going to hate me lol. With like 512mb of ram to work with this song is... difficult to work with (basically having to render it each time to hear how everything sounds)
I'll take another look at it though.
Ouch, didn't realize your computer was that bad. It makes my 2gb of ram look good.
I didn't think the piece was too bad, it certainly was an interesting combination of instruments though :P. I actually like the fact that there's no real driving melody, it makes the piece sort of ambient and relaxing.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 12:38:14 am »
Haha. Yeah, it is bad. I want to upgrade because it gets massive lag when I'm trying to work with audio. Anyways, what probably happened was I started off wanting to write yet another ambient piece (which explains the weird synths maybe) but then I got lazy and couldn't choose between staying ambient or introducing some harmonies :p
I will seeeee what I can do with it though..

A Storm in the Desert

Eternal Triangle
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 04:48:53 am »
  • Wear the Deku Sprout Smile :]
I feel your pain, my computer also coughs when it has two 60MB soundfonts loaded overlaid with filters. This is a good piece though, I like it.
Surely you can do it!
Believe in your strengths...Believe...

-Happy Mask Salesman
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 46 queries.