Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The legend of Zelda Online  (Read 6260 times)

Re: The legend of Zelda Online
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 05:01:37 pm »
Hmm Link is on the minimap, but the map itself isn't. You still don't know where you're going and where to find the others  XD  ;)

No the sword animation looks good (at least that one frame). The magic bars is also nice, don't you ever change that. It is sleek, straight to the point and has no distracting frivolities. Some people try to make the HUD a piece of art, while it is often to distracting.

By the way, will you have multiple levels for the sword or is there just one sword?
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 05:41:00 pm »
I like your use of Minish Cap resources :P. That's a little creative. Question, what is the server written in? Are you using your own networking library? You don't have to respond if you do not want to, I'm just curious is all :S.

Im using GML for the server with 39dll. Game maker is a little slow though for servers so if a lot of people are going to play it i will have to make a c++ server anyway.

Hmm Link is on the minimap, but the map itself isn't. You still don't know where you're going and where to find the others  XD  ;)

No the sword animation looks good (at least that one frame). The magic bars is also nice, don't you ever change that. It is sleek, straight to the point and has no distracting frivolities. Some people try to make the HUD a piece of art, while it is often to distracting.

By the way, will you have multiple levels for the sword or is there just one sword?

There is no map on the minimap because there is no map. The black squares are just for testing links movement, and im not going to add them to the minimap if they arent going to be in the actual game.

I dont know yet though if im going to add another sword, i will if it has something to add to the storyline.

gm112

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 07:00:48 pm »
I like your use of Minish Cap resources :P. That's a little creative. Question, what is the server written in? Are you using your own networking library? You don't have to respond if you do not want to, I'm just curious is all :S.

Im using GML for the server with 39dll. Game maker is a little slow though for servers so if a lot of people are going to play it i will have to make a c++ server anyway.

39dll isn't really that bad. But yeah, stick to something other than GML for the server. I know someone who uses C++ and 39dll for their server. Good luck on your project :). I look forward to the open beta.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.441 seconds with 41 queries.

anything