Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Do better graphics really matter to you?

Yes, I'm a graphic !@#$%!
No, I bought a Wii!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Do better graphics really matter to you?  (Read 5477 times)

Re: Do better graphics really matter to you?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 06:38:07 am »
I hate people who think they're cool when they say graphics don't matter.

They do, you dumbass.

Graphics certainly complement gameplay, and honestly change the feel of the game.  Even an M4 with a reskin that makes it look like an M16 still makes it feel like a whole different gun.
It wouldn't for me, I can't tell the difference.
And so called "good" graphics are a matter of opinion. "Good" graphics to me are ones that compliment each other, and are all in the same style. If anything looks slightly different it throws the illusion and I'm brought back to earth realizing I'm staring at a bunch of pixels.
Of course, good graphics aren't the only thing that makes a game. Everything needs to be well thought out or at least have some consistency.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 01:03:22 pm »
Immersion.
This is exactly why I am a graphic !@#$%.
the a o d c
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 03:05:38 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
You're stupid, just because you own a Wii doesn't mean you should accept shitty PSP ports on the system.

As a gamer I'd like to immerse myself in the game world and bad graphics certainly don't help in the enjoyment of gaming.

A game with bad graphics is like reading a book with little to no enviromnent description.
You need the world to come alive in a believable way and bad graphics completely destroys that aspect.

Please stop posting topics.

I </3 Sol
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 03:32:57 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine

They do, you dumbass.

Thats your opinion. Personally I think you can have an amazing without good graphics, although of course great graphics are preferable.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 03:46:17 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
People also need to learn the !@#$% difference between good graphics and good art.

I </3 Sol

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 10:58:22 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
They go hand in hand; it's not one or the other.

The issue that's being poked at with this thread is "People hate the wii because of the graphics".

No; that's not the case. People hate the wii because of the shitty 3rd and 1st party games, and ports of games on other consoles that have better graphics. Honestly, why would someone want to play a downgraded version of a game on a more powerful system?

If the Wii gets better first party games; not waggle games, then maybe it'll be a buy. The problem is; where are those good first party games?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:01:24 pm by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 11:43:55 pm »
where are those good first party games?

I think it has enough good first party games to justify it's purchase. Then again, I'm used to owning around 5 games per generation, so I may be able to settle for less than others.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783

Tet

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 11:48:08 pm »
  • I believe. I believe in ghosts.

They do, you dumbass.

u dun agree wif me
ur dumb

As for me, it more or less doesn't matter. I'll play a game with bad graphics as long as it still looks dignified.

Quote from: Mamoruanime
Opinions opinions. The software library is better than its rep.
n__n

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 11:51:17 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

I think it has enough good first party games to justify it's purchase. Then again, I'm used to owning around 5 games per generation, so I may be able to settle for less than others.

Yeah no doubt it's justified for people who enjoy games like Mario Galaxy and such. I personally got sick of the Mario scene after Mario 64 DS. Mario Galaxy is a pretty game though.

I think Warioland is a good game, amongst a few others, but I just don't have enough interest in the other games released to want to buy the system :P
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 01:36:41 am »
  • :D
Yes graphics matter to me.  I still love loads of games with awful graphics, but when I buy a current game, I want it to look good.  Games are a visual media, so they should look good visually.

This doesn't mean realistic: I love stylized graphics.  However, low resolution outputs (wii) bother me, because it isn't up to date. 

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 01:41:46 am »
Yes graphics matter to me.  I still love loads of games with awful graphics, but when I buy a current game, I want it to look good.  Games are a visual media, so they should look good visually.

This doesn't mean realistic: I love stylized graphics.  However, low resolution outputs (wii) bother me, because it isn't up to date. 

XD low resolution output.

People concentrate too much on !@#$% like HD quality and what not.

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 01:56:17 am »

HD quality makes huge difference with large HD tvs. Non-HD gams and programming can oftentimes look like !@#$% on a 46" LCD tv.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 02:11:23 am »

HD quality makes huge difference with large HD tvs. Non-HD gams and programming can oftentimes look like !@#$% on a 46" LCD tv.

Easy to solve this. Don't buy an HD tv.

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 02:23:18 am »
<.< Well, that makes sense, you can just play it on a non-HD TV.
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2009, 02:24:18 am »
  • Personal Text
(I didn't vote because of the options <_<)

Anyways, I don't consider myself as someone who likes a game for the graphics. I actually like the characters who have 3-Dimensional personalities. Graphics make the game look nice. I once played a game that had great graphics, but the gameplay was !@#$%...
I also like a game because of the morals it teaches.
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2009, 02:24:33 am »
  • Lionfish App dev

That's horrible advice.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2009, 02:25:50 am »

That's horrible advice.

No it isn't

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2009, 05:33:46 am »
  • Silly cat!
I like pretty games.

But I can still enjoy ones that don't look quite as good, and ones that don't use the best technology. Like old games, but some new ones. Just has to have good art style. Or even then, sometimes not.

... Graphics are confusing :-X.

Hoffy.
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2009, 04:24:48 pm »
visuals encompass two elements: tech (graphics) and art

some games might have good tech, but poor art. sometimes the tech is so good you dont care that the art is generic or simply absent (like Crysis)

some games might have good art, but poor tech. sometimes the art is so cool that you dont care the tech is lackluster (like No more heroes)

some people like tech better and cant stand stuff like jaggies or no realtime shadows and !@#$%
some people like art better and cant stand unoriginal games that all look the same

I'd like to call that first category of gamers GREAT WHITE SHARKS. Their body, their teeth, their speed... a marvel of aquatic evolution.
I'd like to call that second category of gamers MOTHERFUCKING NARWHALS. They might look ugly or weird, but goddamn if that motherfucking horn doesnt just impale every !@#$% seal in sight, goddamn.

I'm personally more of a NARWHAL GODDAMN, but even I can drool at tech specs like a GREAT WHITE SHARK.
how the !@#$% is this spam

this is an alt account for hyrule_boy
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2009, 04:44:04 pm »
Would you rather play the sprite based Arkanoid, because it looks so much better. Then the ugly and simple looking ASCII Arkanoid?
Of course i would rather play the nice looking arkanoid. They are both exactly the same games, the only difference is the graphics, so i would obviously choose the better looking one.

When you compare games that are different from each other gameplay is the most important thing. Its nice if a game looks good, but if its really boring you would just stop playing. When a game looks bad it can still be a lot of fun to play. Like OOT. The graphics are really bad compared to what games look like these days, but i still enjoy it every time i play it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 94 queries.

anything