Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Blade  (Read 1924 times)

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Blade
« on: April 23, 2009, 10:40:11 pm »

Long ago, the land of Hyrule was invaded by spirits of those deceased. The Spirit Raiders, as they were called, tormented and slaughtered the living out of jealousy and scorn. Following strict orders from an unspeakable force, the spirits showed no mercy. But the kingdom fought back, and with the help of a courageous lad and his sword, the raiders were cast back into the spirit world, and the hero followed them to ensure the catastrophe would not occur again. The hero gave his life in return for the prosperity of Hyrule, and so the royal family enshrined his sword with care. None could forsee the events that would follow...

I thought it was about time to post this here. There's an ongoing discussion for it on my website, and we've really gotten deep. There aren't screenshots yet, unless you'd like to see some mockups. (So if this breaks the WIP rules for no screenshots, place it in Concepts until I can make a few mockups please) I really need to thank you guys for helping me put this together, especially for the mapping tips. (The map isn't done yet, btw. Far from it) Anyway, here's a little preview of what to expect.

Characters and Races
Link - The present hero (not the one who died)
Zelda - The queen of Hyrule
Poe Collector - A spirit guru who lives in the village
Gerudo - Desert warriors (No Ganondorf in this game though)
Hylians - Humans
Gorons - Mountain Folk
Spirits - Souls of those deceased (Some are friendly)
Demon - The main antagonist (Does not have an official name yet)
Dark Link - Hero's doppelganger, leader of the Spirit Raiders
Zora - Water Tribe
Deku - Forest Tribe
Gerudo Prince - Only male in the Gerudo tribe (No name yet, bears a striking resemblance to Ganondorf)
King Zora - Leader of the Zora tribe

Item Sneak Peek
Wooden Sword
Wooden Shield
Boomerang
Poe Jewel
Arrows
Bombs
Power Bracelet
Spirit Blade

**The Spirit Blade is a secondary sword that replaces the Wooden Sword. It is the only weapon that can fight the spirits of the Spirit World.

Hyrule Overworld
Overworld WIP

**The staff would appreciate suggestions and/or comments. We want to make Hyrule and the Spirit World with an awesome landscape. We are using tiles from the Oracle games, although mostly Seasons.

Other
The game will be programmed in Multimedia Fusion 2. If you would like to join the team, please see our website, Fusion League.

**We are looking for spriters who can do the Zelda gameboy style and can make original sprites such as bosses and characters. (Also, we do not intend to use this as a way to advertise. Fusion League is just our "base of operations", where all the discussion is.)

Credit
Jeod - Tiling, Story, Gameplay
Zabooza - Programming, Story, Gameplay
Wheeness - Story suggestions
Zelda Fan Game Central - Map suggestions, Story suggestions
VGMaps.com - Oracle of Seasons/Ages maps and tiles
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 02:22:06 am by Jeod »
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
Re: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Blade
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 11:36:36 pm »
Story sounds pretty interesting.  Not a bad world map. can't wait to see some in game screens and such.

Broojo02

Derp
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 11:56:50 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
Its great the see the oracle tiles getting a comeback recently :D Good luck with the project. The desert seems a little large to me, compared to the town area.

Jeod

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 12:02:41 am »
Thanks for the feedback :P  We have changed the overworld layout. The one posted here is an old version. The beach is smaller, the Zora Lagoon is bigger, and there is something in the desert that takes up a lot of space.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 08:28:52 pm »
I moved the project to this board. It'd fit better in Zelda WIP if it had a demo/trailer and multiple screenshots that  showed gameplay rather than just purely maps.

Jeod

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 08:56:13 pm »
Thanks, I thought it might beak some rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 47 queries.

anything