Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: so not only  (Read 5149 times)

so not only
« on: August 21, 2009, 06:59:14 pm »
do people like to lie about the plethora of great xbox 360 games, the console itself likes to lie about how much battery the controller has...*Sigh*

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: so not only
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 07:00:27 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Funny thing about XBOX360 games is that when some of them are ported to the PS3, they come with twice the amount of story and bonus characters.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 08:29:57 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
The ex-Xbox developers are just stunned with the amount of empty space on the Blu-ray after they're done porting, and want to throw in something to fill it up a bit. ;)
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 07:09:14 am »
  • :D
What? The 360 is a great system, and has a LOT of good games.

However, that said, the PS3 tends to have exclusives of a... higher calibur.

If you're looking for a good 360 game, download Shadow Complex.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 10:08:16 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I have yet to find a complaint about my 360 or any of the games I own for it o.o...
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 10:35:53 am »
I have yet to find a complaint about my 360 or any of the games I own for it o.o...

I can think of a few, the noise it makes, it sounds like its going to take off, the fact that if I use AV cables for it it looks horrible and is unplayable, and all these brilliant titles I thought the 360 had...seriously, the only 3 worth while games for this system are Fable 2 (Bugged to !@#$% however), Mass Effect (already had and completed but non the less) and Dead Rising (already had and completed).

All the other games are multiplat an I already have on the PS3 or something...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 09:27:05 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

I can think of a few, the noise it makes, it sounds like its going to take off, the fact that if I use AV cables for it it looks horrible and is unplayable, and all these brilliant titles I thought the 360 had...seriously, the only 3 worth while games for this system are Fable 2 (Bugged to !@#$% however), Mass Effect (already had and completed but non the less) and Dead Rising (already had and completed).

My 360 runs silently; you probably have an outdated model, or you're just keeping it in a really dusty or warm space o.o... AV cables are also outdated <_<;; HDMI is the way to go. Fable 2 is excellent, Mass Effect is meh, and Dead Rising is amazing, but there are far more worth while titles than just that. Almost every shooter I've played for the 360 has been awesome, especially Rainbow Six: Vegas, and Orange Box (though yeah people probably prefer it on the PC, and it's not an exclusive). If you're worried about getting "exclusive" games, stop right there :p most every game that's decent is ported to another system anyway. Nothing new really. Most 360 ports end up being better than the original (Virtua Fighter 5 for example. Don't forget Megaman 9 as well).

I'm really not sure why you're having issues with it, unless you simply aren't trying a lot of the games out for the system. Dunno if it's due to lack of rental stores having them in stock, or if you're just overlooking them, but that's probably the issue.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 09:52:35 am »

My 360 runs silently; you probably have an outdated model, or you're just keeping it in a really dusty or warm space o.o... AV cables are also outdated <_<;; HDMI is the way to go. Fable 2 is excellent, Mass Effect is meh, and Dead Rising is amazing, but there are far more worth while titles than just that. Almost every shooter I've played for the 360 has been awesome, especially Rainbow Six: Vegas, and Orange Box (though yeah people probably prefer it on the PC, and it's not an exclusive). If you're worried about getting "exclusive" games, stop right there :p most every game that's decent is ported to another system anyway. Nothing new really. Most 360 ports end up being better than the original (Virtua Fighter 5 for example. Don't forget Megaman 9 as well).

I'm really not sure why you're having issues with it, unless you simply aren't trying a lot of the games out for the system. Dunno if it's due to lack of rental stores having them in stock, or if you're just overlooking them, but that's probably the issue.

The games you listed I have or can get on the PS3. I'm on about this apparent huge amount of 360 exclusives...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 09:58:08 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Well; almost any "360 exclusive" you'll find is also out for PC... It's a microsoft thing.

I'm surprised you haven't said anything about Halo 3 though. It's singleplayer campaign isn't the greatest, but multiplayer is amazing.
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 04:11:16 pm »
  • :D
I'm surprised you haven't said anything about Halo 3 though. It's singleplayer campaign isn't the greatest, but multiplayer is amazing.
Lies

About silent vs not silent 360s: My first 360 was SILENT.  It lasted me for 2 years or so... then it's dvd drive stopped working, and I had to PAY 100$ to get them to fix it.  Since then two more red rings... and every XBOX I've gotten replaced has been super loud, unlike my first one.

Also, being an early-ish adopter SUCKS.  My hard drive is only 20gb and is pretty much always full, and no HDMI.  I'd buy a new HDD if they didn't charge preposterous prices.
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 04:32:28 pm »
Well; almost any "360 exclusive" you'll find is also out for PC... It's a microsoft thing.

I was waiting for someone to say "TRY HALO 3" So I can !@#$% slap them by telling them straight, its only good online.

Anyway, there really isn't many good 360 exclusives, it lacks them severally, I can only name 3. And already have named those 3. 1 of which was pretty !@#$% poor, good fun, but jesus christ its bugged like Fallout 3 or Oblivion.

Once I've got live (pretty pissed off that I'm gonna have to fork out for a !@#$% wireless device) I'll get Halo 3 but only for its Multiplayer. And Test Drive Unlimited because of fond memories.
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 04:52:49 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Once I've got live (pretty pissed off that I'm gonna have to fork out for a !@#$% wireless device)

wait wait - is your xbox near your computer and does your computer use a wireless or wired connection?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 05:05:20 pm »
Once I've got live (pretty pissed off that I'm gonna have to fork out for a !@#$% wireless device)

wait wait - is your xbox near your computer and does your computer use a wireless or wired connection?

Tried what your thinking, an it just so happens I'm not allowed to share connections.
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 01:02:59 am »

From what I heard, the ps3 turns out to be a lot harder to develop for then the other consoles.
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 01:24:00 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

From what I heard, the ps3 turns out to be a lot harder to develop for then the other consoles.

That's what John Carmack said anyway. Said it was "...three times more difficult than anything else they've developed for..." and that it was unnecessarily difficult :P
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 03:04:32 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
That's what John Carmack said anyway. Said it was "...three times more difficult than anything else they've developed for..." and that it was unnecessarily difficult :P

Valve was also another developer that said that it was stupidly difficult to develop for.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 03:06:09 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah; the PS3's exclusives are pretty much Sony's developments anyway, with the exception of MGS4 (which I'm still adamant on it getting ported soon enough). Sony makes some good games though; gotta give them that.

Bert; have you played Crackdown? <_<;; <3 that game.
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 04:37:10 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
It's just crazy to think that MGS4 will ever be ported at this point. Kojima has said it won't be, it simply doesn't fit on a DVD, or two, or three, it has tons of Apple product placement (Mac Towers, Macbooks, the iPod inventory item) that I can't see happening in a game for a Microsoft console, etc.

PS3 is seriously the best console this generation, and I think more people are going to start recognizing that now that it's in most peoples' price range.
  • Lionfish Apps

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 04:59:04 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
They would have no issues using the product placement, since it still gets them money regardless. Look at Banjo Kazooie on XBLA with the original Nintendo products still in-game.

Anyway; Kojima and MS have had a good standing relationship for a long while; he just happens to be tied up in a contract to keep MGS4 exclusive for the PS3 for a set period of time.
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 05:02:12 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
You avoid the fact that it would have to be on something like 5 or 6 DVDs. Plus, the 6ish GB of install space would prevent the game from even being played on an Xbox 360 Arcade.
  • Lionfish Apps
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 75 queries.