Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spirit Tracks Storyline Revealed  (Read 6082 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Spirit Tracks Storyline Revealed
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 05:54:12 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
They just didn't give him the ability to swim. It's not a big deal. PH has many things based off of the original Zelda which might explain why he can't swim. He couldn't swim in that game.

How does him not being able to swim in the original explain anything in PH? If you're implying that it's some sort of circular arc in the storyline making him more like the original Link from LoZ, then *barf* *barf* *barf* *BLOOD BLOOD* *barf* It's not the case.
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 05:55:34 pm »
I've gone to some Zelda sites when Spirit Tracks was revealed and people weren't too thrilled about the train and stuff but since the trailer, story info, and artwork the past couple days, people have had a change of heart. Even one of the Nathans of ZeldaInformer apologized to Nintendo for not liking it before and he thinks it'll be as great as Twilight Princess or something along those lines. It just goes to show how more sensitive people are about Zelda games at this forum, imo anyway.

I think the story seems pretty okay so far. I like the fact that they explained why the heck there are trains; the railroads are chains holding a demon down. Pretty neat stuff, I think.

I have a feeling the beginning of the game's going to be annoying as hell though. I hate sneaking past guards, and now having to control both Link AND Zelda? Crap. Makes sneaking past guards all the more annoying. Hopefully this is only at the beginning of the game.

So far, I'm liking how they're omitting backtracking. I really did NOT like how we had to go through every damn floor in Phantom Hourglass every single time. I mean, it wasn't horrible, but I'm going to emphasize the fact that I really do hate sneaking past guards.

Anyway, I'm quite excited for this. I quite enjoyed the touch-based system in Phantom Hourglass, so I have no complaints.

God i hope it's not touch screen controlled again, i hated the touch screen controls in PH, it's horrible for moving, attacking, spin attacking, and rolling. I still laugh at link not being able to swim, in a sequel to a game where he could swim just fine and was surrounded by water. Nice one Nintendo.
What would give you the idea that they would change the controls? I laugh at that but anyway, I know they've improved the rolling controls. Rather than drawing circles in the corner of the screen, you just have to double tap with the stylus.

So I guess it is touchscreen controls again. And I must say that I really liked it. But I have to agree that it was stupid that Link couldn't swim in PH.
Why is it stupid if you have nowhere to swim to?

Atleast by the sounds of it, rolling is easier, i still hate the PH controls though, Dpad control is so much easier, it always will be.

They just didn't give him the ability to swim. It's not a big deal. PH has many things based off of the original Zelda which might explain why he can't swim. He couldn't swim in that game.

It's the fact that somehow he forgot how to swim, just because he can't swim anywhere doesn't mean they can't make him swim.

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 06:33:33 pm »
  • Evil's origin begins in TLOZ AO...
Spirit tracks would be really cool with a Water Temple. OoT style.
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 09:10:11 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Strike three, and that's the end of the seventh inning, baseball fans!

Seriously, what the f***? Nintendo's storylines are getting weaker than ever :/

Nevermind the fact that Nintendo's grown so desperate with their far-too-watered-down Pokémon series, but now they're running out of anything interesting for Zelda? Come on, Nintendo, you're reminding me of Inu-fuggin-Yasha here. Let the series rest in peace, already. Zelda NES must be turning over in its grave.

I agree on everything you just said, except I want the Zelda series to continue, just not in the way Nintendo has been doing it. A good story pretty much makes the entire game for me, but a sucky story will absolutely ruin a game for me, even if it's got nice graphics or good game play. The only part about this story that seemed even remotely interesting to me was how Zelda turned into a ghost, but my interest ends there.
Heck, one of my scrapped Zelda stories is better than this!
Nintendo needs to introduce some depth in to their stories, but instead they just come out with the same thing with a few new elements added to it and it's all so shallow and predictable.

Btw, I absolutely hated PH anyway, so I wasn't planning on playing this one anyway.

And the swimming, lol! I never thought of that. Nintendo fail.

NEW IDEA!
Since I've seen better stories here on ZFGC, I say we have a competition, and whoever makes the best story submits it to Nintendo freely, so that they can have stories with less suck.

I second that idea!
Just as a disclaimer for people who are, well, stupid, I wasn't being serious. I was making a point of the fact that I think the storyline is ridiculous.

Sorry for being stupid :(

Also, Miyako-chan, can't you be a tad bit nicer on the forums? People do have feelings.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 09:12:02 pm by FrozenFire »
  • My Music

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009, 09:33:02 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Strike three, and that's the end of the seventh inning, baseball fans!

Seriously, what the !@#$%? Nintendo's storylines are getting weaker than ever :/

Nevermind the fact that Nintendo's grown so desperate with their far-too-watered-down Pokémon series, but now they're running out of anything interesting for Zelda? Come on, Nintendo, you're reminding me of Inu-fuggin-Yasha here. Let the series rest in peace, already. Zelda NES must be turning over in its grave.

for once i argee with you guys xD, well I guess this is what nintendo is doing so they can show off a better zelda which will come out after ST, the new zelda for wii lol, the art with link and the fairy brings up theories xD.

NEW IDEA!
Since I've seen better stories here on ZFGC, I say we have a competition, and whoever makes the best story submits it to Nintendo freely, so that they can have stories with less suck.

I second that idea!
Just as a disclaimer for people who are, well, stupid, I wasn't being serious. I was making a point of the fact that I think the storyline is ridiculous.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2009, 12:39:16 am »
The story is kind of ridiculous, and certainly not the best in the series. But I think it is better than Twilight Princess' story.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 06:36:15 pm »
  • The Mike

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 07:24:52 pm »
Nice picture, is it from Spirit Tracks or did you make it?

I have to say that I can't wait to play the game now.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2009, 07:38:19 pm »
  • The Mike

It's actually in the game. They're called the Spirit Pipes. I'm sure FISSURE won't like how you play them. XD

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2009, 08:20:21 pm »

It's actually in the game. They're called the Spirit Pipes. I'm sure FISSURE won't like how you play them. XD
Let me guess, by either touching the screen or blowing in the mic. Cool  XD

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 08:27:33 pm »
  • The Mike

Let me guess, by either touching the screen or blowing in the mic. Cool  XD
Blowing into the mic. I like the idea.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 04:01:27 am »
God damn you Nintendo, guess i'm going to have to invest in a spit towel

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 05:08:49 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'm still confused...

The game looks like it loses it's entire exploration aspect of the overworld... It looks like there's no real overworld at all :x... Just tracks that take you in a set direction...

If that's the case, then the game's pretty much retarded :\
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 06:38:08 am »
Looks like I'm going to have to skip this one just like with the phantom hourglass, at least there is the new wii Zelda title to look forward too.
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 07:40:44 am »
I'm still confused...

The game looks like it loses it's entire exploration aspect of the overworld... It looks like there's no real overworld at all :x... Just tracks that take you in a set direction...

If that's the case, then the game's pretty much retarded :\

Well, that is my only concern at the moment. That the game will be nothing more than a dungeon crawler. In Phantom Hourglass, you could at least go hunting for pirate ships and salvage parts from them.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 01:22:35 pm »
  • The Mike
There's a lot more to it. At the beginning, you can only explore a certain area, like in Phantom Hourglass. With the Spirit Pipes, you will play new tunes to unlock more spirit tracks so you can progress further, just like the Sea Charts in Phantom Hourglass. Eventually when you get to a certain point in the game, you'll be able to draw your own tracks.

From what I've seen and heard, this game will be a major improvement over Phantom Hourglass and I think a lot of people here are just fussy and can't accept change. If anything, you should be complaining about Rare because they might give up on traditional gaming for Project Natal.

• Zelda Eternity

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2009, 01:46:17 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
From what I've seen and heard, this game will be a major improvement over Phantom Hourglass and I think a lot of people here are just fussy and can't accept change.

I don't think that's exactly the case though. It's more of an irritation towards a series downgrade, as apposed to innovation.

It's not innovation to add gimmicks to the game (IE blowing into the mic, and drawing pictures). It's kinda like when they decided to take out the overworld in Final Fantasy... Yeah... sucked.
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 02:00:34 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
*agrees with Mammy*

I like change just fine, when it's good.  Majora's Mask was different and still awesome (although Mamoruanime would disagree with that).  But the newer Zelda games are terrible.  Spirit Tracks might be better than PH, but that's not an impressive feat.  I'm sure it still sucks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 71 queries.