Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Mystical Seed of Courage (The Deleted Game)  (Read 5657 times)

The Legend of Zelda: Mystical Seed of Courage (T...
« on: March 15, 2010, 08:16:22 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
Ignore this topic.
The Legend of Zelda: Mystical Seed of Courage, or a more common name known as Oracle of Hours/Secrets, was a cancled game made by nintendo for the Gamecube which involved all three of the Oracles. (The oracle seris and the gamecube came out around the same time.) It was said to be a 3D game with no screenshots that was rumored to come with a bundle pack with the Gamecube. It was eventualy scrapped up into it's Gameboy Color version (Oracle of Seasons and Ages), becuase Shigeru Miyamoto had a better idea for a game which is the 2003 released Wind Waker. In a commercial for the Gameboy Color games, you see some third demensional scenes that are beleived to be the only existing materia of the planned game. (See bellow) I have brought it up to see what you people think? Is it the Mystical Seed of Courage game? Or just a commerical graphic. (P.S.:The game was originally going to include three main items (Rod of Seasons from OoS, Harp of Ages from OoA, and Sword of Destiny [Master Sword] from both of which) and new lands such as Subrosia and the rumored Staltavi.)
Link in a winter-season snow storm.
Link making use of the rod of seasons by making it summer.
Link climbing the Summer Vines.
The infamouse hourglass that was not mentioned at all in OoA but was seen in the hud.
The broken sword of destiny which lies next to the infamouse hourglass.
Link making use of his harp by fixing the sword of destiny.
The sword being repaired by playing the harp to the houglass.
A closeup on Link's face's reflection in the Sword of Destiny.
A better veiw of link holding the sword.
The only 3D scene from the japanease version that might be what link looks like when your. (This and his other form crossed together is what he looks like in the oracle seris.

So this is basicly all I found. So, what do you think?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 08:37:16 pm by Random »
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Mystical Seed of Courag...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 08:34:14 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Nice fabrication, but "the other oracle game" was a third GBC title that was canceled due to password system errors between the other two games. The one you showed was a poorly pieced together april fools joke.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 08:50:26 am »
Nice fabrication, but "the other oracle game" was a third GBC title that was canceled due to password system errors between the other two games. The one you showed was a poorly pieced together april fools joke.
Were i got it from is this.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4_V7deVMQ4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4_V7deVMQ4</a>
(Wondering why I didn't post it earlier.) The third game was proven to be for the Gamecube and that hte Gameboy games were in replacement of this actual game. Nintendo made Seasons and Ages in time for May of 2001, but between then and november wasn't inough time to make the third one (which people call Oracle of Secrets). Regardless of of system, Miyamoto made sure that it released with or right before the Gamecube. They would have mad the third GBC game if they weren't also working on TWW. This game is not an aprial fools joke, it was a TV-brodcasted comercial used for the OoX seris, and the point of this topic is too show what might be the only photographical evidence of Mystical Seed of Courage that exists. (I hope they don't do the same thing with ZWii, but it takes years to make a NDS game, it takes ''A'' year to make 2 GBC games [for nintendo].)
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 08:52:34 am »
The japanease one that uses the possible younger version of link.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIvBnvwXiLw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIvBnvwXiLw</a>

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 08:55:20 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah I know those images are from the commercial, but the "GCN" game you're referencing is a fabrication. What makes me laugh is that you're saying that the commercial footage was "material for a planned game". The first commercial is the US localized commercial, and wouldn't have that sort of "information". The second one shows just a chibi style link, which you also used as "material" for the other game.

Your intentions sir confuse me.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 09:04:04 am »
Yeah I know those images are from the commercial, but the "GCN" game you're referencing is a fabrication. What makes me laugh is that you're saying that the commercial footage was "material for a planned game". The first commercial is the US localized commercial, and wouldn't have that sort of "information". The second one shows just a chibi style link, which you also used as "material" for the other game.

Honestly, I don't think the japanease one was footage from the game, I just put it there becuase that one is what people say. I am also not sure if the Master Sword was really called the Sword of Destiny, but for sure it was one of the three objects. Also, the April Fools your refering to is this link, http://vgmaps.com/NewsArchives/April2008/index.htm#LegendOfZeldaOracleOfHours. That is not what I'm talking about, that is a platformer game. Gamecube does not have platformer games (in GBC style). The only platformer zelda game on the Gamecube is at the very least, GBA style.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 09:07:51 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
... It's a fabrication. Doesn't matter if they show a platformer or not, it causes speculation. Speculation that relatively dumb people fall for, and then spread across the internet until other people (such as yourself) try to justify it by showing bits and pieces of existing material that has nothing to do with anything.

The sheer fact that you called it the "Oracle of Hours" shows that you're doing nothing more than paying homage to that fabrication.
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 09:40:57 am »
So there was going to be a third title, too bad about them canceling it as I would've enjoyed it just like I did with the other two.
:P
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 09:57:57 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
So there was going to be a third title, too bad about them canceling it as I would've enjoyed it just like I did with the other two.

Me too, the OoX games are awesome, if they'd had the time to make the three way passwords work, I'm sure it'd have been amazing.

However, the original post is indeed wrong, like Mammy said. The third game was also meant to be for GBC, not the gamecube. The advert is just that, and advert.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 12:06:32 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Honestly, I don't think the japanease one was footage from the game, I just put it there becuase that one is what people say. I am also not sure if the Master Sword was really called the Sword of Destiny, but for sure it was one of the three objects. Also, the April Fools your refering to is this link, http://vgmaps.com/NewsArchives/April2008/index.htm#LegendOfZeldaOracleOfHours. That is not what I'm talking about, that is a platformer game. Gamecube does not have platformer games (in GBC style). The only platformer zelda game on the Gamecube is at the very least, GBA style.

I feel the need to elaborate on what I stated previously-

Those "maps" from that "unfinished zelda game" are by a guy named Jon Leung. He's the whole reason there's any confusion about a title called "Oracle of Hours" (which again is a fan fabrication). Also, that game shown was not a platformer. How you can say it's a platformer is beyond me, and it leads me to believe that you are either

A) A (really bad) troll trying to get a rise out of people, or
B) Don't really understand video game genres at all.

I'm personally going for A because of the "say something and then change it entirely when someone calls you out" way of conducting yourself, but it might be a mix of both A and B.

I'm not buying the routine at all <_<;;
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 01:01:29 pm »
I have to agree with Mammy. The pictures were from the videos and the videos are only commercials. Because GBC footage is not really inviting enough to make a commercial from, they made extra inviting material, like the 3D animations. You should have seen want LA's commercial was:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FepWbqPpJh0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FepWbqPpJh0</a>

It would be nice tough if someone would make a 3D fangame with OOS/OOA gameplay. :P
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 08:41:07 pm »
The third game was never released do to lack of time. The game I'm talking about is the unreleased (unamed, no Oracle of Hours is just slang for Mystical Seed of Courage) Gamecube game that got replaced by TWW and the ideas from that game are soposidly inside the GBC games.
I have to agree with Mammy. The pictures were from the videos and the videos are only commercials. Because GBC footage is not really inviting enough to make a commercial from, they made extra inviting material, like the 3D animations. You should have seen want LA's commercial was:

It would be nice tough if someone would make a 3D fangame with OOS/OOA gameplay. :P
I'm not saying that the game, I'm just trying to show you a speculation, yes speculation, of what MSoC would've looked like. P.S.: When i play the video, it says it was removed. > .>

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 11:25:35 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
The third game was never released do to lack of time. The game I'm talking about is the unreleased (unamed, no Oracle of Hours is just slang for Mystical Seed of Courage) Gamecube game that got replaced by TWW and the ideas from that game are soposidly inside the GBC games.

That has nothing to do with Mystical Seed of Courage. You're talking about a zelda tech demo that showed at Space World ages ago. Oracle of Hours isn't slang for MSoC, it is (again) a fan fabrication, and has absolutely no place as a "title" in the Zelda series.

You're mixing fan speculation with actual facts, and you're contradicting your own statements with every post you make. The third game is MSoC. Here are the three oracle games, known as the "Triforce Series"-

Mystical Seed of Power
Mystical Seed of Wisdom
Mystical Seed of Courage

... Pretty simple to get.

What you're talking about has nothing to do with MSoC. At all. I don't get how you can be talking about "what MSoC" would have looked like when you showed commercial images. If you want to know what it would have looked like, play OoA/S.
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 08:16:49 am »

That has nothing to do with Mystical Seed of Courage. You're talking about a zelda tech demo that showed at Space World ages ago. Oracle of Hours isn't slang for MSoC, it is (again) a fan fabrication, and has absolutely no place as a "title" in the Zelda series.

You're mixing fan speculation with actual facts, and you're contradicting your own statements with every post you make. The third game is MSoC. Here are the three oracle games, known as the "Triforce Series"-

Mystical Seed of Power
Mystical Seed of Wisdom
Mystical Seed of Courage

What you're talking about has nothing to do with MSoC. At all. I don't get how you can be talking about "what MSoC" would have looked like when you showed commercial images. If you want to know what it would have looked like, play OoA/S.

I have to agree completely. This is the cancelled gamecube game which was replaced by the windwaker:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBtAvX4Pkyk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBtAvX4Pkyk</a>

The MSoC you talk about was a GBC game which was never released due to password issues between the three games. These are actually two unreleased games, not one, you seem to be confusing them.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 09:13:07 am »
MaJoRa. Nintendo never said the spaceworld demo was to be a game. Just because Luigi's part eventually became Luigi's Mansion and a launch title, fans and journalist assumed the Zelda part and the Mario 128 part would become a game eventually as well. When the Wind Waker and Mario Sunshine came out, fans just said that the spaceworld demos were cancelled in favor of the others.

The Spaceworld 2000 demo was just for show to illustrate the abilities of Project Dolphin (aka Gamecube)

As far as I know this is what is known about Mystical Seed of Courage:
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Mystical_Seed_of_Courage

And this about the Spaceworld demo:
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda%3A_Space_World_2000_Demo

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 10:08:12 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Mystical Seed of Power
Mystical Seed of Wisdom
Mystical Seed of Courage

I have to agree completely. This is the cancelled gamecube game which was replaced by the windwaker:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBtAvX4Pkyk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBtAvX4Pkyk</a>

The MSoC you talk about was a GBC game which was never released due to password issues between the three games. These are actually two unreleased games, not one, you seem to be confusing them.

Gotta agree with Niek; your facts are a tad off :p
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 01:16:55 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

This was on TV =_=

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 07:59:42 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I don't feel like reading the entire thread, but basically, you're completely wrong Random. Mystical Seed of Courage was for the GBC. Just like the Oracle games' codenames were Mystical Seed of Power and Mystical Seed of Wisdom (I think) there was Mystical Seed of Courage. However, when errors began to crop up between the three, and it became difficult to determine which game the errors came from, an impasse was found. Then Shiggy came up with the idea "Make two games instead of three!" and the problem was solved. Mystical Seed of Courage is just what would've been the third Oracles game. Think about it. At the opening of both, a different part of the Triforce spirits Link away to another land. But the Triforce of Courage never does, simply because that game was never made.

Don't believe anything you hear about a Zelda game unless it's from here or from Nintendo. Most of the stuff you hear in other places is false, or fans being total retards. MaJoRa is right; you're confusing them. The GCN one was a tech demo, similar to the one Square made of FF7 for the PS3. It's not being made. The GBC one, Mystical Seed of Courage, was canceled due to password issues and confusion. Plus, it was Shiggy's idea to scrap it, so it's official. Since this thread is basically over now... lock please!
 Before you edited this post, it was pretty clear that you flamed. Flaming is forbidden.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 08:08:35 pm by Mirby »

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 08:10:12 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

This was on TV =_=

I wasn't talking about the commericials. I worded it poorly :X I meant to say the "one you mentioned"
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 08:10:35 pm »
I don't feel like reading the entire thread, but basically, you're a total dumbass Random. Mystical Seed of Courage was for the GBC. Just like the Oracle games' codenames were Mystical Seed of Power and Mystical Seed of Wisdom (I think) there was Mystical Seed of Courage. However, when errors began to crop up between the three, and it became difficult to determine which game the errors came from, an impasse was found. Then Shiggy came up with the idea "Make two games instead of three!" and the problem was solved. Mystical Seed of Courage is just what would've been the third Oracles game. Think about it. At the opening of both, a different part of the Triforce spirits Link away to another land. But the Triforce of Courage never does, simply because that game was never made.

Don't believe anything you hear about a Zelda game unless it's from here or from Nintendo. Most of the stuff you hear in other places is false, or fans being total retards. MaJoRa is right; you're confusing them. The GCN one was a tech demo, similar to the one Square made of FF7 for the PS3. It's not being made. The GBC one, Mystical Seed of Courage, was canceled due to password issues and confusion. Plus, it was Shiggy's idea to scrap it, so it's official. Since this thread is basically over now... lock please!
Actualy, I said this MIGHT be it. Plus, Mystical Seed of X is the japanease title for the OoX games. (Oracle of X is an american thing.) I never said the spaceworld demo was this, MaJoRa did. This article was ment to discuss what it would've been like to play a game like that. Not to try to disprove it's existance becuase we all know it never will exist. So i guess yo can end this article and stop fussing about it, everyone!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 75 queries.