Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Nintendo too busy trying to copy things and other things.  (Read 2271 times)

Is Nintendo too busy trying to copy things and o...
« on: May 29, 2012, 02:46:09 am »
It seems like with its newer games Nintendo is constantly trying to use "popular" ideas from other games to try and make their games better.

Skyward's "new things" were:

Non-Pausable Inventory System: From games like Dead Space, RE5

A system to upgrade Weapons and Shields: As seen in games like Dark Cloud, more popular in the Demons Souls and Dark Souls games.

Adventurers Pouch: Pretty much a limited inventory system: As seen in games like RE 1-3, RE5, etc

This one falls under the Other Things part:

Trying to shoehorn the Wii Motion Plus into everything
: In Skyward Sword the Wii Motion Plus is shoehorned into everything, from swimming, to trying to make the enemies work with the Wii Motion Plus, it seemed Nintendo spent more time on trying to get everything in the game to work with the damn thing that SS suffered because of it. Skyward Sword had repeating areas, boss fights, the stupid tears from TP mixed with the no damage from the DS games etc. All because Nintendo relied too heavily on the WM+

Other M: This game, thats really all i can say.

Nintendo, stop trying to use other games ideas, especially stupid non-pausable inventory ideas to try and make your games better.

Re: Is Nintendo too busy trying to copy things a...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 04:41:35 am »
You think that Nintendo is the only one that does this? Seriously? That is naive FISSURE. Why don't you complain about other companies at the same time. There hasn't been an original idea since the SNES, which is not some kind of derivation from another idea from another game.

It seems to me as a waste to complain about it. Sorry I have to say this.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 05:04:20 am »
You think that Nintendo is the only one that does this? Seriously? That is naive FISSURE. Why don't you complain about other companies at the same time. There hasn't been an original idea since the SNES, which is not some kind of derivation from another idea from another game.

It seems to me as a waste to complain about it. Sorry I have to say this.

Because it happened more so in the more recent games i've played, Namely Skyward Sword and Other M. It's also about how Skyward Sword could of been a lot better if Nintendo would stop using the Wii Mote in every possible way.

People usually complain more about games they recently play that have issues.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 03:02:02 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Because it happened more so in the more recent games i've played, Namely Skyward Sword and Other M. It's also about how Skyward Sword could of been a lot better if Nintendo would stop using the Wii Mote in every possible way.

Actually, your original post complained about "copying game concepts" rather than Nintendo abusing the Wii mote system in all of their damn games. Every game concept you posted is used in multiple games, not just Nintendo's. The Binding of Isaac took a similar dungeon-crawling aspect from The Legend of Zelda, but is it the same game, story, or even have similar characters? Not even close. Does that make Edmund McMillen an !@#$%? No. He took a game MECHANIC and used it to make a great game. You can't rage out at a game for taking mechanics from others, or else we'd all rage at every game out there.

People always complain about games. I don't get it. If you don't like the concept, don't get it. If you played a bit and don't like it, don't continue playing it. QQ QQQQQ everywhere.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 10:01:06 am »
  • 笑い男
Pretty sure this is a troll post. Obviously Fissure's bored.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 07:33:45 pm »

Actually, your original post complained about "copying game concepts" rather than Nintendo abusing the Wii mote system in all of their damn games. Every game concept you posted is used in multiple games, not just Nintendo's. The Binding of Isaac took a similar dungeon-crawling aspect from The Legend of Zelda, but is it the same game, story, or even have similar characters? Not even close. Does that make Edmund McMillen an !@#$%? No. He took a game MECHANIC and used it to make a great game. You can't rage out at a game for taking mechanics from others, or else we'd all rage at every game out there.

People always complain about games. I don't get it. If you don't like the concept, don't get it. If you played a bit and don't like it, don't continue playing it. QQ QQQQQ everywhere.

Woah there star, calm down. No reason to sound like an ass. Especially with that QQQQ crap. It's not funny, its not cool. Its an overused thing.

My point is Nintendo seemed to take more things that people liked in recent games to try and make SS to appeal to people that liked those things. All it seems Nintendo did was say "hey people liked these things in those games, we should put them in SS" No where in my post am i raging, i'm simply stating my opinion and asking for others opinions on the subject while pointing out the newer games that use the game mechanics that Nintendo is now shoehorning into SS.

I also stated my opinion that Nintendo worked too much on trying to fit the Wiimotion Plus into SS instead of trying to make a game with more areas, more bosses, etc.

No Hawk its not a troll post. SS is game that really let me down in those respects.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 08:13:30 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

Woah there star, calm down. No reason to sound like an ass. Especially with that QQQQ crap. It's not funny, its not cool. Its an overused thing.

My point is Nintendo seemed to take more things that people liked in recent games to try and make SS to appeal to people that liked those things. All it seems Nintendo did was say "hey people liked these things in those games, we should put them in SS" No where in my post am i raging, i'm simply stating my opinion and asking for others opinions on the subject while pointing out the newer games that use the game mechanics that Nintendo is now shoehorning into SS.

I also stated my opinion that Nintendo worked too much on trying to fit the Wiimotion Plus into SS instead of trying to make a game with more areas, more bosses, etc.

No Hawk its not a troll post. SS is game that really let me down in those respects.

Oh please, there's a difference between sounding like an ass and being upfront. I understand you were asking for opinions, and I gave it. Don't flip out when you don't like it :p
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 08:16:46 pm »

Oh please, there's a difference between sounding like an ass and being upfront. I understand you were asking for opinions, and I gave it. Don't flip out when you don't like it :p

I'm not flipping out, but posting some little old overused internet meme isn't gonna make you sound any better then you think i sound. There's nothing upfront about posting  memes.

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 08:18:18 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
SS uhhh...I enjoyed the control scheme and the story.  The graphical style was really pretty and places looked nice.  That was about it though.  Everything felt way too linear and forced.  Not open enough.  It was a good game imo, but it just didn't feel like Zelda.  And trust me, I am all for change in a classic video game, but this wasn't what I expected.  The game really felt like a series of connected rooms with the exception of Skyloft.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 08:56:27 pm »
Okay, my opinion. I loved SS. The motion controls rocked and I don't want to see the Wii-U Zelda revert to the old control scheme. I think I would seriously get bored. That the games takes concepts and integrates them is no problem. So what each damn game does it. Even the ones you refered to. What makes a game enjoyable is how all the individual parts come together as a whole. An individual part does not make or break a game.

I thought the world was really big. I is just as big as TP's world and larger than OOT's. But it is divided in 5 main parts, which make it seem smaller. It also seems smaller because the areas are more packed with content and doesn't allow you to watch very far away, except for a few places. TP's and OOT's areas are mostly empty, with maybe a few trees and a rock. I do like the detail in SS that you can see features from the other areas from the right position in the Land areas.
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 09:19:49 pm »
Okay, my opinion. I loved SS. The motion controls rocked and I don't want to see the Wii-U Zelda revert to the old control scheme. I think I would seriously get bored. That the games takes concepts and integrates them is no problem. So what each damn game does it. Even the ones you refered to. What makes a game enjoyable is how all the individual parts come together as a whole. An individual part does not make or break a game.

I thought the world was really big. I is just as big as TP's world and larger than OOT's. But it is divided in 5 main parts, which make it seem smaller. It also seems smaller because the areas are more packed with content and doesn't allow you to watch very far away, except for a few places. TP's and OOT's areas are mostly empty, with maybe a few trees and a rock. I do like the detail in SS that you can see features from the other areas from the right position in the Land areas.

For me, i didn't mind the Motion Controls at first,  i just don't like them all that much now trying to play it on Hero Mode. I realize its not 1:1 like Nintendo keeps touting. Sure it follows your movements usually, but once you swing or flick your wrist to attack there is still a slight delay, like a delayed button press. Though it's a lot better then TP's Waggle controls. For me the button controls have and always will be the most intuitive, it's just so fluid and quick.

DaSpirit

The Quiet
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 09:40:18 pm »
  • The Mad Programmer.
I'm with Star on this one. Everything you mentioned, I did not know they were in those other games. They seem like mechanics in a generic game. You must have further proof that it was "copied". I say that Dead Space, RE and Demon's/Dark Souls copied someone else.

I used to say that Super Mario Galaxy copied the small mechanic where you move around in a small planet from Ratchet and Clank, but even Ratchet and Clank did not invent it. In these times, no one invents anything. Anything you think of is related to all of your past experiences, no one work is "original" anymore.
I support:
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 09:57:49 pm »
I'm with Star on this one. Everything you mentioned, I did not know they were in those other games. They seem like mechanics in a generic game. You must have further proof that it was "copied". I say that Dead Space, RE and Demon's/Dark Souls copied someone else.

I used to say that Super Mario Galaxy copied the small mechanic where you move around in a small planet from Ratchet and Clank, but even Ratchet and Clank did not invent it. In these times, no one invents anything. Anything you think of is related to all of your past experiences, no one work is "original" anymore.

Valid point, but again these things have never really seen light in other Zelda games, it just seems like Nintendo put them in the game because they're popular with people.

DaSpirit

The Quiet
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 12:42:31 am »
  • The Mad Programmer.
When you have money, you're allowed to be experimental when creating games, which I suppose is what they did.
I support:

Arcaith

Landscape Police
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 06:52:38 am »
  • *ding*
Valid point, but again these things have never really seen light in other Zelda games, it just seems like Nintendo put them in the game because they're popular with people.

I actually think that it has more to do with the use of the WMP as a way of making the overall gameplay more fluid. It forces players to think more about how they approach a situation. There were some instances when it made gameplay frustrating, but overall I found it to be quite rewarding. I do think that the game would have benefited from the ability to switch whether the game pauses on all menus, much like the ability to switch targeting from 'hold' to 'switch'.

I think the biggest problems with Skyward revolve around what Nintendo DIDN'T do, rather than appropriating ideas. The biggest letdown for me was that the overworld still felt disconnected from the dungeons, and that the overworld itself was so segmented and stuck under another hub world. I didn't like that very much at all. I think that Nintendo overdid their planning, and really rushed a lot of the production.
*MooN*

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 07:05:02 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
I personally don't have any complaints about SS, i thought it was a really well done game. Sure some areas were weak, but why dwell on them?

Same reason why i like Other M, other than it's overuse of cinematics (and making samus look like a sissy) it's a well made game.

EDIT:
I hate Halo, and I can go on a tangent about why i hate that series, does that make me right? Not a chance. It just means i have a negative opinion of a game based on my experiences.
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 07:51:55 am »
I personally don't have any complaints about SS, i thought it was a really well done game. Sure some areas were weak, but why dwell on them?

Same reason why i like Other M, other than it's overuse of cinematics (and making samus look like a sissy) it's a well made game.

EDIT:
I hate Halo, and I can go on a tangent about why i hate that series, does that make me right? Not a chance. It just means i have a negative opinion of a game based on my experiences.

I wasn't saying i was right because i didn't like a game O_o;

thestig

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 09:12:09 am »
Sure some areas were weak, but why dwell on them?
EDIT:
Contradiction much? lol.

Personally I feel that anyone's entitled to formulate their opinion in their own way. Its just when people try acting like sissy school girls over a guy, will I have a problem. Just my thoughts on this matter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 71 queries.