Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nintendo Direct press Conference, some Wii U news.  (Read 2148 times)

Nintendo Direct press Conference, some Wii U new...
« on: June 04, 2012, 12:15:21 am »
Wii U Pro Controller.

http://kotaku.com/5915318/nintendo-unveils-hardcore-wii-u-controller

The point of the Wii U is that it has a fancy, touch-screen controller. That may not be suitable for all titles, though. Especially ones being ported from other consoles. For that, much like the Wii, the Wii U will have a Pro Controller, one that you could say resembles the pads of one of Nintendo's competitors.

More stupid Mii Crap

http://kotaku.com/5915323/enter-the-miiverse-its-a-world-nintendos-invented

Miiverse the new network service where Miis from around the world can meet. The redesigned Wii Plaza shows Mii clustered around various Wii U titles. This shows what games players are enjoying and what's popular. Nintendo also showed Miis leaving in-game messages.

Mii WaraWara, taken from the Japanese's "warawara" (the sound of things happening, in Japanese).

Some new online things:

http://kotaku.com/5915322/nintendos-wii-u-has-a-proper-online-community

Here's a pleasant surprise: the Wii U looks like it's going to have a proper online community built into the console. In a video shown during a pre-E3 conference, a user on the console jumps onto the controller and consults a GameFAQs-like service, while at the same his friend is monitoring Tweet-like messages on his phone.

That latter part is especially nice, given Nintendo's previous reluctance to branching its services out onto other platforms.

Also displayed was a video calling service similar to Skype.

Wii Wara Wara is a dumb name.

Re: Nintendo Direct press Conference, some Wii U...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 12:24:04 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
That controller doesn't look bad in my opinion...  Maybe not as comfy as the 360's though.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 08:31:34 pm »
I don't think there is much to complain about the Wii U Pro controller, because Microsoft ripped the SNES controller.

DaSpirit

The Quiet
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 08:51:26 pm »
  • The Mad Programmer.
That controller doesn't look bad in my opinion...  Maybe not as comfy as the 360's though.
Ugh, the 360 controller is not comfortable to me as much as the PS3 controller is. Such awkward hand position, meanwhile the PS3 controller is nice and small and easy to grip.

The triggers of the Wii U controller make it seems exactly like a derivative of the 360 controller. I'm also wondering why they made a separate power and home button. Both the 360 and PS3 kinda combined those into one button, why can't Nintendo do the same?
I support:
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:48:46 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
Ugh, the 360 controller is not comfortable to me as much as the PS3 controller is. Such awkward hand position, meanwhile the PS3 controller is nice and small and easy to grip.

I can't stand the playstation controllers...  The handles are too small and it just feels like I don't have a good grip on the thing...  The 360's just fits perfectly...  and the d-pad sucks but I hate most d-pads anyways.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 07:57:13 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
As long as it isn't a dreamcast controller, good lord!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 06:35:54 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Hey at least it's not the duke!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 02:00:26 am »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
I don't think there is much to complain about the Wii U Pro controller, because Microsoft ripped the SNES controller.

I think they did the sae kinda for dreamcast or something.  ;)

But i gotta say that black controller looks sexy.  XD

Looking forward to halo 4, splinter cell, pikmin 3, and the BAC armored edition.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 10:34:28 am »
All controllers look the same in the end. At least Nintendo did something truly original with their controllers on the Wii and DS.

Anyways, I watched the Nintendo PC live and it was disappointing as expected ;). I was kind of hoping for some epic game to be revealed, but it mostly the same !@#$% I stopped caring about. Those hardcore third party games are nice. But you have to realize that by the time the Wii U launches, those games will be a year old.

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 01:02:33 pm »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
I like this controller... I wish they let you use it for Zelda and Smash Bros...
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 04:26:20 am »
All controllers look the same in the end. At least Nintendo did something truly original with their controllers on the Wii and DS.

Anyways, I watched the Nintendo PC live and it was disappointing as expected ;). I was kind of hoping for some epic game to be revealed, but it mostly the same !@#$% I stopped caring about. Those hardcore third party games are nice. But you have to realize that by the time the Wii U launches, those games will be a year old.

I was hoping for Baten Kaitos 3 :(

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 07:35:39 am »
  • 笑い男

Darksiders and AC won't be anywhere near a year old. Because it's Nintendo, you go in with huge hype for their IPs, overshadowing any 3rd party stuff, but standing back and taking a look, that's one solid launch line up. Of course Nintendo themselves are working on their big franchises and it was a shame not to see much at all, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. We'll see them when they're ready and still be blown away just as much. Hopefully that'll also mean we won't have to wait absolutely ages to get our hands on them either though, which sounds about right especially with how Nintendo has been lately, which goes with how the conference just showed launch window stuff too.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.36 seconds with 59 queries.

anything