Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Wind Waker HD announced  (Read 4661 times)

Wind Waker HD announced
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:47:31 pm »
  • 笑い男
Just announced in the latest Nintendo Direct (Anyone that likes games may want to check this out... (hint: it was epic))

Video of part in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSF-yNvKmjI
(A few tiny details on the latest (brand new) zelda there too.)

woo yeah! :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:53:11 pm by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Antidote

>.>
Re: Wind Waker HD announced
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 05:20:48 pm »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
Link has the hots for Tetra, just look at his face :3
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 05:32:31 pm »
My brain has exploded, so much want.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 06:00:27 pm »
:(  But, I am one of those that didn't like Wind Waker the first time.
Hope this means some other Cube games are redone in HD.
I would really like to see Super Mario 64 in Galaxy graphics or Starfox 64 with a serious facelift.
As far as Cube games go, lol, I actually can't think of any Cube exclusives :(
Resident Evil (the remake) maybe and Resident Evil 0.  That would be a Capcom decision, though.
Link to the Past 2.5D might be a cool thing to see on the Wii-U market place.

Anyway, cool news for WW fans.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 06:30:08 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
wow, that looks amazing, and i didn't even care for that game.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 08:20:58 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Sweet.  Looks really good.  My only complaint about Wind Waker was the amount of time it took to sail everywhere.  I hope they speed that up somehow in this, then I will be very happy.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 08:31:23 pm »
I really liked Wind Waker, but I'm not sure about this one. I don't think the "HD" graphics are better graphics in this case. The graphics now look like stop-motion claydoll series, like Wallace and Gromit. It just does not feel like Wind Waker. The gamecube version looked more a cartoon or anime then clay puppets.

Second, I hope they put more effort in this remake than Ocarina of Time 3D. With new content and the higher difficulty immediatly available.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 09:17:10 pm »
Yay for no motion controls and silent realms

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 12:32:37 am »
  • 笑い男
I too loved the wind waker. Sure it took time to sail to each mean objective, which would be rather annoying if you were speed running it I guess, but I wasn't. The world was so charming, and it was always so awesome to come across small things here and there scattered all over the world. I love it.

It would be great to have new content, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for that. I've been wanting to replay the WW (And TP) for some time now, so very happy this happened :D

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 11:52:18 am »
HOLY SON OF A !@#$% O_O
Wind Waker is still one of the best Zelda games. Skyward Sword was a massive disappointment.

But buying a Wii U just for this... I don't know. Maybe, maybe. I can still sell my Wii and a few games. It's a shame the Wii U doesn't run Gamecube games though.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 06:54:40 pm »
I don't know why you think Skyward Sword was a disappointment, considering there is a huge consensus that it's one of the best Zelda games, up there with ALTTP and OoT but w/e
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 10:21:34 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
I don't know why you think Skyward Sword was a disappointment, considering there is a huge consensus that it's one of the best Zelda games, up there with ALTTP and OoT but w/e

I think it was disappointing too.  Personally I think Twilight Princess was the best by a long shot followed by OOT and then WW and somewhere down the line SS.  I read that a lot of people didn't like it, but I cannot imagine why.  People say its story in TP was weak, or other ridiculous things like that.  As far as I am concerned it was by far the best developed, and best looking Zelda game of all time...  Absolute perfection!  But that might not be a popular opinion around here...  Not sure really.   :-\

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 10:28:22 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
i quite like The legend of Mario 64. it had feelz
  • Crim is Pro!

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:00 pm »
Quite honestly I don't think Zelda has a bad title, each has their strengths and weaknesses sure, but I think each game accomplished what Nintendo wanted to accomplish. I really think games get an unfair judgement passed on them in comparison to their predecessors, take Other M for example, It's a brilliantly done game, it was MEANT to be a cinematic, and yet people are whining about the fact that its too cinematic, or that Samus wasn't portrayed exactly as they imagined. Samus had her entire colony along with her whole family DESTROYED at the very tender age of 3, that leaves some pretty lasting damage, and I wasn't surprised or offended by her reaction to Ridley, and yet people are saying she was being "too weak" or "too submissive" to Adam, she was being respectful, she could have chosen to break orders at any time, and Adam was busy with other things as well so him not authorizing something can be taken to mean many things.

Lesson: Don't judge games by their predecessors, judge them by their individual merits. I found Skyward Sword to be VERY enjoyable, while I found Majora's mask to be a bit dry. That's my personal opinion and no it's not based on my previous experiences.
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 11:27:25 pm »
I've talked about Skyward Sword in depth in an earlier topic, so I won't go into it too much now.
I'm not saying it's a bad game, just disappointing. I expected much more from it, and a lot of things could have been done better and differently (like the ability to skip text for one). Still, it has some memorable new elements, like the time crystals. Tho I feel even that concept could have been put to more interesting use than it was. The game just did not feel quite as Zelda-epic to me as the earlier titles did. But that could just be because I got older. Oh by the way, I have not finished the game yet so don't spoil the ending :P (see, I can't even get myself to finish it because it hasn't drawn me in).
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 08:35:58 am »
  • 笑い男
I find if you can just immerse yourself into a game, forgetting everything unrelated to exactly that game, and just accept it for what it is, then you can end up enjoying many more things. No one game is made for one person and every single design etc choice has its own reason behind it. Just like all people are different and have their own lives and preferences, just like, but different to what you do. Once you can accept that, then it's a lot easier to naturally enjoy something for what it is.

Anyway, Kleaver: I too often stop playing a certain game for a bit, which ends up with me not going back to it for a VERY long time :(
This even happens with games I LOVE and know I just need to play more and if I pick it up, I'll get stuck back into it, but after getting used to not playing it and being busy with other crap, it then gets easy to ignore such games. Or that's how it's been lately for me anyway :(
I remember WW being so incredible, with a lot of that probably thanks to me spending every day thinking about it and looking  forward to it over a period of months. Of course no other zelda game could now go up against that feeling because of how I and my life is now, but it still was really nice to finally play through a brand new zelda game, which of course is incredibly polished and just a pleasure to play. Maybe not all so epic, but still, I loved every second of it. Time very well spent imo. So, being able to do such a thing again with an old, yet new friend (this remake) should be another great pleasure :D

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 04:43:03 pm »
Exactly, that's why I don't let my opinion of other games muddy the waters.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 06:15:25 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Same here.

My question is how will they handle the Tingle Tuner?

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 09:27:33 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Same here.

My question is how will they handle the Tingle Tuner?

They'll probably just use the game pad screen.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 02:45:46 am »

For me it was because the Motion Controls didn't work all the time, especially in the fight against Zora Kefka

The repeated Silent Realms

The repeating Boss fights

The repeating areas

The swimming controls

The tadtones

It just seemed like Nintendo spent too much time trying to work the controls into the game and enemies that they skimped on everything else.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 74 queries.