Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wind Waker HD announced  (Read 4663 times)

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
Re: Wind Waker HD announced
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 05:11:06 am »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
The Silent Realms weren't repeated unless you wanted to repeat them on the speed trial, same for the bosses.

The swimming worked fine, I admit it wasn't as fast as TP and sometimes dolphin diving at the wrong time would fail, but if you actually took your time and swam like a normal hero might then it worked perfectly.

The tadtones... If I had to have a problem with the game, this might have been it.

Personally I've loved something about just about every Zelda game that I've beaten...

LoZ- Didn't like it.
TAoL- The music, the large world, it felt dangerous...
Alttp- The game had an amazing story and world. Possibly the most adventurous game.
LA- The music, and Marin. I liked her... She should come back in reality.
OoA- The overworld was cool and so was the era changing.
OoS- The season changing was awesome. And the music was pretty cool. Had some epic dungeons.
OoT- Well... great memorable story, and characters, there was really nothing I disliked about this game.
MM- Everything was GOLDEN here. The dark atmosphere, the epic storyline... the forms, the masks, the DREAD, the sidequest focus, the mini dungeons before each real dungeon, the soundtrack... (My favorite Zelda)
WW- Eh, nothing really bad here. It wasn't my favorite but it did have the best music and the second best combat system.
MC- Pretty fun game, it was easy most of the way but pretty confusing to be honest. I liked the new town and Vaati is a cool refreshing new villain.
FSA- Fun if this counts as main series. I liked the multiplayer feel even though I never played MP. If I still had it I can see myself playing it again.
TP- Epic story, somewhat gritty realistic approach and it made the game feel.... grand. This is my favorite graphically, also I loved the way Hidden skills were implemented. My favorite combat and item usage system (GC version at least)
SS- I liked how the story made it feel like you were just a normal person evolving into a hero. The music was okay but nothing special compared to other Zelda games. The item usage was amazing, it actually felt fun to use them. Combat was the most challenging (almost died on hero mode.) It was the longest game to beat for me on my first run. Only real problem I had was that it wasn't open like the other games, and only had one town.

I really wish they made TP instead...
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 11:09:18 am »
The Silent Realms weren't repeated unless you wanted to repeat them on the speed trial, same for the bosses.

The swimming worked fine, I admit it wasn't as fast as TP and sometimes dolphin diving at the wrong time would fail, but if you actually took your time and swam like a normal hero might then it worked perfectly.

The tadtones... If I had to have a problem with the game, this might have been it.

Personally I've loved something about just about every Zelda game that I've beaten...

LoZ- Didn't like it.
TAoL- The music, the large world, it felt dangerous...
Alttp- The game had an amazing story and world. Possibly the most adventurous game.
LA- The music, and Marin. I liked her... She should come back in reality.
OoA- The overworld was cool and so was the era changing.
OoS- The season changing was awesome. And the music was pretty cool. Had some epic dungeons.
OoT- Well... great memorable story, and characters, there was really nothing I disliked about this game.
MM- Everything was GOLDEN here. The dark atmosphere, the epic storyline... the forms, the masks, the DREAD, the sidequest focus, the mini dungeons before each real dungeon, the soundtrack... (My favorite Zelda)
WW- Eh, nothing really bad here. It wasn't my favorite but it did have the best music and the second best combat system.
MC- Pretty fun game, it was easy most of the way but pretty confusing to be honest. I liked the new town and Vaati is a cool refreshing new villain.
FSA- Fun if this counts as main series. I liked the multiplayer feel even though I never played MP. If I still had it I can see myself playing it again.
TP- Epic story, somewhat gritty realistic approach and it made the game feel.... grand. This is my favorite graphically, also I loved the way Hidden skills were implemented. My favorite combat and item usage system (GC version at least)
SS- I liked how the story made it feel like you were just a normal person evolving into a hero. The music was okay but nothing special compared to other Zelda games. The item usage was amazing, it actually felt fun to use them. Combat was the most challenging (almost died on hero mode.) It was the longest game to beat for me on my first run. Only real problem I had was that it wasn't open like the other games, and only had one town.

I really wish they made TP instead...

Show content
4 silent realms with barely any differemces 3 ghirahim, 4 lost blob battles, 3 + akuma

Like a hero? !@#$% was swimming like flipper

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 04:07:20 pm »
  • 笑い男
Pretty sure I've talked with you about that before, but I did quite like those repeating areas, in the sense that each area really was used to its utmost potential. If this wasn't the case, then maybe we'd have more areas, but with only visiting each one once, they wouldn't feel anywhere near as deep/dense. You gain something and lose something either way. It's far from them skimping on it though, considering what must have gone into fleshing out each area so much and making them all as dense as they are. It's easy to measure in simple quantity via numbers, but it's often far from being that simple.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 09:06:34 pm »
Pretty sure I've talked with you about that before, but I did quite like those repeating areas, in the sense that each area really was used to its utmost potential. If this wasn't the case, then maybe we'd have more areas, but with only visiting each one once, they wouldn't feel anywhere near as deep/dense. You gain something and lose something either way. It's far from them skimping on it though, considering what must have gone into fleshing out each area so much and making them all as dense as they are. It's easy to measure in simple quantity via numbers, but it's often far from being that simple.

It's not the worst, what the stupid silent realms and stupid repeating bosses.

I doubt they couldn't have made more areas. SS took what a few years to make? I'm sure they could of made more areas if they weren't spending all that time trying to get everything in the game to work with their motion controls

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 02:14:26 am »
  • 笑い男
Although I doubt everyone on the team, including story and level designers, were working on the controls part first, and then they all rushed to do the rest of the game design, including all the coders, after they all completed that >_<

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 04:17:41 am »
Although I doubt everyone on the team, including story and level designers, were working on the controls part first, and then they all rushed to do the rest of the game design, including all the coders, after they all completed that >_<

They probably did

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 07:48:14 am »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
I remember hearing that the story was the first thing worked on in Skyward... and there's nothing wrong with repeating areas. I thought it gave all of the items a much wider breadth of use. You'd always be like hmm, wonder what that is (if you never played Zelda) or looks like I need a clawshot to get up there. (if you have)

I know how most people compare every Zelda that comes out to OoT, but Skyward had much more land to cover than that, even with no on foot overworld.

Don't get me wrong, the flying overworld was the only thing I didn't like about the game, but it didn't ruin it for me.
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0

Twilight Alchemist

State Alchemist
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 08:31:02 pm »
YES!!! BEST ZELDA EVER!! (In My Opinion) I can't wait for this to come out, it makes me want to buy a WiiU.
(>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<) <(  )>
"Oh! The Rock of Death, my mortal enemy! I'll deal with you later rock." Later "Oh! Rock of Death! We meet again. Well this time things will go differently, cause I'm not five years old any more, AND THERE IS NO BANANA!" - ???
My PZE account: http://zeldaengine.net/user-112.html
If you're going to be Mr. FMA over here,
Shadow of Termina spriter
http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 01:28:05 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
After seeing the Hylian alphabet in use during the time of Wind Waker thanks to Hyrule Historia, I'm really looking forward to deciphering the various island names and signs around the islands. You can do it to some signs already, but the text on the map is too hard to make out. Hopefully the upgrade to HD will make it all fully readable. :D

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 53 queries.