Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Garden of Words  (Read 1711 times)

The Garden of Words
« on: March 13, 2013, 09:31:01 pm »
I just saw the trailer for this and thought some of you here might be interested in seeing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=udDIkl6z8X0
I dunno', it's been a while since there was a Makoto Shinkai anime out. It seems kinda similar in theme to 5 Centimeters per Second (and actually a lot of Shinkai's other works) but if you're a fan of his this looks like a pretty good release. I haven't heard about it getting any subs yet though...

Thoughts?
Re: The Garden of Words
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 10:17:42 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Without any subs, I'd only be able to understand a very small bit of the what is said, and not enough to follow at all. I expect that there will be a good fansub made eventually though, if there won't be an official one. The art is absolutely stunning! I will watch it just for that. Beautiful. This looks like a good one for sure.
  • My Music
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 10:46:28 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Looks amazing, Subs will end up coming out one way or another(wether it's official or fan made). This looks like it may turn out pretty good.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:13:00 am »
  • 笑い男
For those that don't know, shinkai makoto does the whole animation alone (or did, as far as I know), creating things that look as incredible as this. His other movies are also just as beautiful. (Also talking from actually comparing the stuff to real life, his stuff may be the most "realistic" looking animes out there, in the sense of details in the background, showing off the real "feel" of Japan.)

I've noticed this new film, but not had a chance to really check any of it out yet. Although that link I just linked to above seems to show more stuff after byousoku 5cm besides this too :o
How time flies.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 03:32:35 am »
  • I'm Pro!
this looks cool. and i completely understood nothing.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 02:48:52 pm »
For those that don't know, shinkai makoto does the whole animation alone (or did, as far as I know)

I think for his past couple films he's used a small team of temp workers, but still, it's a very small studio. 
I agree with you about how realistic / how well he conveys the feeling of a place; like in that shot about 12 seconds in with the traffic in the rain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 47 queries.

anything