Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Final Fantasy 5 iOS Remake Released.  (Read 4122 times)

Koh

Final Fantasy 5 iOS Remake Released.
« on: March 30, 2013, 04:19:51 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/square-enix/final-fantasy/final-fantasy-v/FFVIOSoutnow_610.jpg
http://www.gamingunion.net/newsimg/final-fantasy-v-out-everywhere-on-ios.jpg
http://cdn2.ubergizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/final-fantasy-v-ios.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2013/03/-1363796809.jpg

Why is it the spritework STILL DOESN'T MATCH the artwork?  It can't possibly be that hard to be consistent.  Nonetheless...this is the HQ 2D remake I wanted, and still want, because who has an iOS?  Also want one for  FF3 (Dat DS remake looks atrocious and unclean), and FF6.
  • Megaclipse Games
Re: Final Fantasy 5 iOS Remake Released.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 05:20:53 pm »
Looks like a shitty RPG Maker 2003 game.  That's says alot coming from me as I am still a Final Fantasy freak.  Keep milking the games, Square Enix.

SNES ps1 GBA PSN Virtual Console iOS and Android

Keep milking...

By the time Square actually remakes Final Fantasy 7(if ever) no one will give two shits since they will alienate many fans with their continued milking of franchises.

If you think it looks good enough to spend ANOTHER $10-20 on...it's your money, but you only empower the company to recycle the exact same game but only improved sprites and backgrounds.  It's not even 3d like FF IV DS.  What's the point?  A remake like this is milking it on hopes to bring in money since most people by this time either: A.  Had ps1 or GBA version.  B. PSN version.  C. Emulated that !@#$% back when it got fan translated in like early 2000 for SNES.

You could say this is a negative post.  It is.  I am tired of seeing some of my favorite companies milking the !@#$% out of the old franchises.  Capcom been pulling that !@#$% too.

Anyway, if you feel giddy about it and have the money, go for it.  I stopped buying Square-Enix games with Final Fantasy 13.  What a PoS that game was.  Don't even get me started on KH.  How many remakes/spin-offs can you have?  oh and FF7...let's have a million spin-offs as well.

I don't know.  They might sell...25-50k in the States.  Maybe more-so in Japan, but even they seem to be wizing up to Square-Enix's !@#$%.

How about a new Tactics game?  Not ADVANCE but actual Tactics.  Or maybe remake the SaGa/Legends Gameboy games into console worthy titles?

Final Fantasy V wasn't even all that, imo.  Game was good for my grinder personality with all the classes to grind out.  The story was average at best.  It didn't blow my mind like 4 or 6 did(just sticking with SNES titles) but it didn't suck either.  Music was awesome, though.  Epic battle and boss themes.

Kind of rambled, sorry for that XD  Just passionate about the Final Fantasy franchise.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Koh

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 05:32:48 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
Or maybe remake the SaGa/Legends Gameboy games into console worthy titles?
All three have already been remade for the DS, but they were never localized.  Fantranslations exist, however.
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 05:40:14 pm »
Or maybe remake the SaGa/Legends Gameboy games into console worthy titles?
All three have already been remade for the DS, but they were never localized.  Fantranslations exist, however.
Thanks for the heads-up  ^_^  Didn't know that.  Haven't checked up on Legends in a long time.  I still have Legends 3 for Gameboy(the Sunsoft re-release :/).  Watched some quick youtubes and the games look great :D

Still perplexed about this iOS/Android re-release as 3ds remakes of V and VI have supposedly been in development since 2010...3 years later, still no word?
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 06:23:20 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
That's because those 3DS remakes haven't been in development. I personally never heard a thing about that outside of fan musings.

To note, this uses the GBA script (and extras) while retaining the SNES version's soundtrack.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 11:16:23 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
It honestly looks like dogshit. The remakes of I - IV didn't look that bad. Square's just phoning it in on the mobile market and it's kind of depressing

I really hope they don't touch VI. It's bad enough they did this to V...
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited

Koh

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 12:38:16 am »
  • Tamer Koh
I really hope they don't touch VI. It's bad enough they did this to V...
When people say things like this, it just doesn't make sense.  There's absolutely nothing happening to the original games.  If you see a new updated version of a game come out, it's not going to burn all of the SNES, PS1, GBA, Virtual Console, or PC rom copies.  It's just for people to experience the old experiences anew (and usually better with the engine and speed improvements, as well as glitch fixes).  If you don't like the new versions, you don't have to buy them.  However, the new versions allow for the newer generations to get involved with the games of old.
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 12:59:04 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
It will however, affect a brilliant game's legacy

There's such a thing as retroactively making a game bad for some people. Mass Effect 3 did it for many, although it's an extreme case based on the first games being built on pretenses that never came to be.

It's sad seeing half-hearted effort being put into these games. They're great and if you want to bring them to modern standards, put some effort into keeping them great. That's just my opinion on it though.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 07:35:07 am »
Well this was teased in a trailer that ended saying that the FF mobile revolution continues... then showing this game's logo...

So I'm afraid that 6 will get this treatment too. Also the artwork and graphics were done by Kazuko Shibuya, original artist for FF5 when it first came out.

have this too
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksBBSH6EfKk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksBBSH6EfKk</a>

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 07:43:34 am »
  However, the new versions allow for the newer generations to get involved with the games of old.

As previously stated:  You can get it on PSN and Virtual Console or, do like alot of people today, and get a rom of any version.

Only time will tell how the consumers embrace this new version.
EDIT: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/03/28/final-fantasy-v-available-now-for-ios.aspx
Read the comments/feedback already just from this one article.

A few friends I have talked with that have all been playing since Final Fantasy 2 US back in 93 all agree that is looks like crap.  The tile system still seems to be designed for 16x16 sprites but they are trying to use what seems like 16x24 sprites like FF6 and it stands out.

The characters look flat.  Maybe it's the color palette but there appears to be no depth.  Even FF6 still had the illusion of depth when you were inside towns and caves.

The monsters look great, the characters look like cartoons...It's a horrible missmash.  The original didn't bother anyone because it was harware restrictions.  Everything was at least pixelated.  Hard to explain.  The best analogy I could think of is imagine if Legend of Zelda got remade with artistic oil-painting tiles that looked superb but then made link a 32x32 Saturday morning kids cartoon.  It stands out.  It is a clash of styles.

It's like you said, they have all this space on the screen and processor power to make sprites true to the original art.  Instead, they continue to use a weird color palette for the characters.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:49:00 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 08:52:50 am »
Perhaps newer generations aren't knowledgeable about that stuff or have something that can get it on PSN or VC.

This makes it readily accessible to the greater population, many of whom have iOS devices and/or Android-enabled ones.

Also, graphics are but a small part of the equation; it wasn't those that made me fall in love with FF5. It was the gameplay, it was the story, it was the music. Those three things are still the same as ever in this version, even if the graphics are not.

Okay so the gameplay is tweaked a bit to fit the device, but for all intents and purposes it's the same.

• Mirby Studios

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 03:04:19 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Lol why they never consider to remake final fantasy 3/6 or maybe 7  :huh:, those 2 games were by favorite too :(
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 12:18:54 pm »
They'll probably getting to 6 and I don't think they'll ever remake 7.

In fact they've said they'll never remake 7. At this point no matter what they do with it there will be a massive shitstorm, so they're not making it just to avoid that.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 12:07:49 am »
Stop making your !@#$% turn based RPG's on phones Squeenix you !@#$% !@#$%.

Still mad about Final Fantasy Dimensions

"hey whats the best platform for our new Turn Based RPG"

"What about a cell phone"

!@#$% YOU

Arcaith

Landscape Police
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 01:10:34 pm »
  • *ding*
Are we certain this wasn't an April Fool's joke?
*MooN*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 64 queries.

anything