Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sometimes, being the unfavored is awesome  (Read 2722 times)

Sometimes, being the unfavored is awesome
« on: April 01, 2013, 08:55:02 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFaFenYdAX0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFaFenYdAX0</a>
http://youtu.be/iFaFenYdAX0

Yes, I actually recorded the entire game live.  I really thought we would lose, but somehow we pulled it off.  I do enjoy some League of Legends.  Anyway, I talk quite a bit with insights/responses/etc.

Oh and it has my own versions of classic videogame tunes done in 8-bit.  Mostly just 8-bit renditions I like to listen to while I program or game online.

Enjoy :D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:06:28 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Crim

Super Special Awesome
Re: Sometimes, being the unfavored is awesome
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 02:02:46 am »
  • I'm Pro!
there is totally sonic music in there.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 10:01:56 am »
there is totally sonic music in there.
Indeed ^_^
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 01:41:39 pm »
  • It's the grineer
One time happened to me playing in Twisted Treeline, BUT, I ended all alone against the enemy team  XD
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 10:34:16 pm »
Well, I removed the video.  Square-Enix wants to be a bunch of jackasses and claim copyrights against me since one of the songs I edited from PUBLIC DOMAIN midis into an 8-bit version was the Final Fantasy Prelude.  So, to keep my account clear, I disputed it then deleted the video.

Keep at it, Square-Enix!  Great company you have there!  Not like 50 other !@#$% songs(that I edited from public domain MIDI into 8-bit) played the entire video...oh especially not other songs from Final Fantasy like the battle theme from ff7 nor the boss theme from Mystic Quest....

!@#$% jackasses.  !@#$% Square-Enix.

Capcom hasn't claimed a single copyright infringement on me for my Megaman engine.  Nor have any of my videos on my other account ever been flagged for copyright and they are all videos specifically made to showcase my edited versions of songs.

Only Square-Enix...!@#$% you...I want Sakaguchi back :(  that was when Square was...well Square-Soft.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:37:07 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 10:43:10 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Well, I removed the video.  Square-Enix wants to be a bunch of jackasses and claim copyrights against me since one of the songs I edited from PUBLIC DOMAIN midis into an 8-bit version was the Final Fantasy Prelude.  So, to keep my account clear, I disputed it then deleted the video.

Keep at it, Square-Enix!  Great company you have there!  Not like 50 other !@#$% songs(that I edited from public domain MIDI into 8-bit) played the entire video...oh especially not other songs from Final Fantasy like the battle theme from ff7 nor the boss theme from Mystic Quest....

!@#$% jackasses.  !@#$% Square-Enix.

Capcom hasn't claimed a single copyright infringement on me for my Megaman engine.  Nor have any of my videos on my other account ever been flagged for copyright and they are all videos specifically made to showcase my edited versions of songs.

Only Square-Enix...!@#$% you...I want Sakaguchi back :(  that was when Square was...well Square-Soft.

So, what exactly were you expecting? It's not like the Earth just exploded or anything.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 10:44:20 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Sadly, Square is a bit more strict with their IPs :(

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 10:48:12 pm »

So, what exactly were you expecting? It's not like the Earth just exploded or anything.

Sure it did.  It absolutely did.  The end has come and gone... at least as far as my wallet goes for Square-Enix.  Well, Final Fantasy XIII was the last purchase of their products I made so yeah.  :P

Why so harsh?...Jesus, reminds me of when someone slices their leg open and there is that one person in the back like," Who cares, he'll live anyway, not a big deal."  :D  Rough times at work or something?  Not pushing you guys again for another release are they?

Yeah...it's all good.  Video is gone anyway.  ^_^
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 11:22:51 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

Sure it did.  It absolutely did.  The end has come and gone... at least as far as my wallet goes for Square-Enix.  Well, Final Fantasy XIII was the last purchase of their products I made so yeah.  :P

Why so harsh?...Jesus, reminds me of when someone slices their leg open and there is that one person in the back like," Who cares, he'll live anyway, not a big deal."  :D  Rough times at work or something?  Not pushing you guys again for another release are they?

Uh...you react harshly, and when I react back to your negativity you blame it on my mood or work? XD Seriously, I just don't see why it's such a huge deal. Square-Enix is a company, and they have the right to shut people down for using their material. Nintendo and other companies do the same. I just don't see why there has to be such a need to boycott them just because you used their music and they caught you doing it. I'm not grumpy, I just felt like reacting to *your* outburst.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 12:10:46 am »

Uh...you react harshly, and when I react back to your negativity you blame it on my mood or work? XD Seriously, I just don't see why it's such a huge deal. Square-Enix is a company, and they have the right to shut people down for using their material. Nintendo and other companies do the same. I just don't see why there has to be such a need to boycott them just because you used their music and they caught you doing it. I'm not grumpy, I just felt like reacting to *your* outburst.

I didn't use their music.  It may have sounded like their music, but nothing of theirs was ever used.  If I used anything, it was some random guy on vgmusic who put together a midi version of the song.  I could see that person being upset if I claimed it as my own...

The best way I could explain it:
You have the Mona Lisa.
Some guy looks at it for a little bit, goes home and tries to paint it from scrath but freely gives prints away.  no charge or anything.  I come along, see it then change the background on his version of the Mona Lisa but still not chargiing nor claiming rights to anything.
Then(obviously some imagination is necessary for this part xD), the original painter comes along afterb millions of prints go out and instead of going after the original copy-cat, he comes after me because my version of Mona Lisa has her at a beach...

Stupid story?  Yes...but it is essentially what I did.  Public domain MIDI turned into an 8-bit wav.  Key word being Public.  if it wasn't public, the website I got it from would have been shut down in the 1990s.

And unless you work for Square, I wasn't being negative towards you.  And if you do work for Square...oooooooooh boy.  They are one of the most notorious IP !@#$% mongers on the planet.  Want to make a fan-game or something?  Lol  Cease and Desist coming right at you.

*grabs flak jacket*

SHOTS FIRED

And ask the suits what the hell they been smoking since 2006.  We would all like to really know.

What you want me to say?

"Sorry, guys, had to take down the video.  Copyright infringement :("
That's just retarded.  I guess no one should be allowed to express feelings/emotions on the internet either.  Well, there goes 99.9% of the internet.  GG Well played.  Would honor.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:21:51 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 04:59:29 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I have to admit, that would !@#$% me off as well for someone to accuse me when I did nothing wrong. Actually, I have been accused of something that I didn't do before, except it wasn't related to this at all, but I can still relate in a general sort of way. It's just not cool. Sorry it happened. I only got to watch a little bit of the video, but I loved the music! I can't say much for the gameplay though because I've never played LoL.

Square, I shall no longer know thee as Square-Enix, thou shalt be... Square-Anus!
  • My Music
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 58 queries.