Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Hyrule Town Interiors  (Read 62021 times)

Re: Hyrule Town Interiors
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2015, 04:07:02 am »
  • It's just Max.
So I realized this evening that I'd forgotten to put the Tailor Shop where Link gets his all important green tunic on the map. So anyway, I gave it a shot. I used Minish Cap's house walls to try and shake it up, but I don't know if it'd be better to try and keep all the walls similar to give the town consistency. It shouldn't be too hard to change the walls if we decide.

So what do you guys think on this?
Fortune teller shop
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2015, 10:09:18 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Wow max that is way better than mine!! You are right, the shop I dis had too many shoes for a poor shop.

EDIT: I think that the walls should be changed to the other ones, Max, but it looks good as it is!

I did the Fortune teller shop, I think it looks great, what do you think?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 10:12:40 am by Spritonic »
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2015, 12:52:42 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
So I realized this evening that I'd forgotten to put the Tailor Shop where Link gets his all important green tunic on the map. So anyway, I gave it a shot. I used Minish Cap's house walls to try and shake it up, but I don't know if it'd be better to try and keep all the walls similar to give the town consistency. It shouldn't be too hard to change the walls if we decide.

So what do you guys think on this?

I think it looks good, the walls will be very easy to change in game if we decide to go down that route

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Old Town Cafe
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2015, 01:23:56 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
A little update to bring this one to the (Done) section.
I just changed the floor :P
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2015, 02:00:14 pm »
So probably a silly question, and probably has been answered and I'm just blind as a bat, but what do you use to make the maps? I'm really curious as to what you guys are using and how much is done and what's left to do. No promises, but I might participate too, or maybe at the very least offer critique and suggestions.

So far, progress is looking great. Especially loving the potion shop, it's giving me Wind Waker vibes.
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2015, 02:12:21 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
So probably a silly question, and probably has been answered and I'm just blind as a bat, but what do you use to make the maps? I'm really curious as to what you guys are using and how much is done and what's left to do. No promises, but I might participate too, or maybe at the very least offer critique and suggestions.

So far, progress is looking great. Especially loving the potion shop, it's giving me Wind Waker vibes.

I use GraficsGale to put the tiles together and MS paint to edit them. GraficsGale is really easy to use and provides you a grid that helps you a lot while tiling.
Sebastian and his mother´s House
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2015, 02:17:10 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I tried to do this one so at least we have something done for it.
It still needs quite some work, like adding the Rocking horse  upstairs and stuff, and maybe change the floor? I´ll let you guys decide, what do you think?
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2015, 02:33:44 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

After you guys have laid them out and given me a tileset, I use the in-engine tool I built to map them into an xml format readable by the engine.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2015, 04:08:58 pm »
Ah, okay. That makes sense. By the way, Spritonic, do you mean GraphicsGale? I have it, but maybe you didn't mean GraphicsGale. I'll have to check it out after I post, you got me kinda curious now.

Also as for the latest interior... some of the tile positions (table, cupboards, stairs, beds, etc.) remind me of Link's house in Minish Cap. Intentional? =P
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2015, 04:11:58 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Ah, okay. That makes sense. By the way, Spritonic, do you mean GraphicsGale? I have it, but maybe you didn't mean GraphicsGale. I'll have to check it out after I post, you got me kinda curious now.

Also as for the latest interior... some of the tile positions (table, cupboards, stairs, beds, etc.) remind me of Link's house in Minish Cap. Intentional? =P

Yes I meant GraphicsGale :P

And yes, the house IS Link´s house, edited. That is why I said it need a lot of improving.
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2015, 04:18:47 pm »
Ah I see, fair enough. I probably need to catch up on a few things regarding the community project. But by the time I get into things, maybe everything will be completed. I am the slowest worker in the world, and you seem to be quite the opposite, haha. =P
Pawn shop
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2015, 07:00:38 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I tried what you guys said with the pawn shop and made it look like the curiosity shop!
Give feedback on it!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:06:11 pm by Spritonic »
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2015, 11:55:45 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Alright! So, MG said he liked my tailor shop, so anybody else have any comments? If not, then I'm going to mark it off as done...

Anyway, cool, there's a couple things for me to review!

Fortune Teller's Shop:
So, the door should be on the other side, I think. Almost everything else, I love! The curtain is super rad, the crystal ball looks great. The space mural is very interesting, the purple goes well with everything.
I do have a problem with the plants though. For one thing, their shadow is actually lighter than the floor, so that doesn't make logic. Then they also seem to bright and cheery, I think we should get plants that look more mysterious, or else weird statues in the corner instead. Also, you left the carpet and table out of the tilesheet.

Cafe:
I don't see any problems here. I'm almost ready to accept it, but I had a couple changes I wanted to run by you, I stuck in some teacups and a kettle, and also shortened that shelf so I could put some containers (presumably from Lon Lon Ranch or whatever) in the corner. Because I was thinking, I guess they serve coffee here, but where do they even keep it? I also stuck a menu kind of thing up on the wall. Unless there's some problems with these changes, I'll mark this as done, too.

Sebastian's House:
So why did you just use Link's house? Haha, okay. Personally, I think this is a little large maybe, since these characters don't have anything going on really. Maybe just one floor would be fine, unless we stick some secret/treasure upstairs. But other than maybe size, I don't see any problems here! They're pretty straightforward characters anyway.

Curiosity Shop:
Love it! I went in and added a few more unique items to add interest. I love the new mirror! What do you think of the additional items I put in? (Oh, and don't ask why the file is named library.png, I have no explanation... -_-) Anyway, any other ideas, anyone? Otherwise, again, I'll mark it done.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 12:00:33 am by Donotfeedthemax »
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2015, 09:48:31 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Alright! So, MG said he liked my tailor shop, so anybody else have any comments? If not, then I'm going to mark it off as done...

Anyway, cool, there's a couple things for me to review!

I say it is accepted already!!

Fortune Teller's Shop:
So, the door should be on the other side, I think. Almost everything else, I love! The curtain is super rad, the crystal ball looks great. The space mural is very interesting, the purple goes well with everything.
I do have a problem with the plants though. For one thing, their shadow is actually lighter than the floor, so that doesn't make logic. Then they also seem to bright and cheery, I think we should get plants that look more mysterious, or else weird statues in the corner instead. Also, you left the carpet and table out of the tilesheet.

I tried to fix it, I changed the plants to make them more mysterious and added the carpet and the table on the tilesheet. Tell me what you think.

Cafe:
I don't see any problems here. I'm almost ready to accept it, but I had a couple changes I wanted to run by you, I stuck in some teacups and a kettle, and also shortened that shelf so I could put some containers (presumably from Lon Lon Ranch or whatever) in the corner. Because I was thinking, I guess they serve coffee here, but where do they even keep it? I also stuck a menu kind of thing up on the wall. Unless there's some problems with these changes, I'll mark this as done, too.

I like it!!

Sebastian's House:
So why did you just use Link's house? Haha, okay. Personally, I think this is a little large maybe, since these characters don't have anything going on really. Maybe just one floor would be fine, unless we stick some secret/treasure upstairs. But other than maybe size, I don't see any problems here! They're pretty straightforward characters anyway.

I actually made it smaller than links house :P But I can make it smaller if you like...

Curiosity Shop:
Love it! I went in and added a few more unique items to add interest. I love the new mirror! What do you think of the additional items I put in? (Oh, and don't ask why the file is named library.png, I have no explanation... -_-) Anyway, any other ideas, anyone? Otherwise, again, I'll mark it done.

I love the new additions Max!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:50:56 am by Spritonic »
Ingo´s Emporium
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2015, 10:24:16 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I gave it a shot since we already have the pawnshop. I think it looks good but the floor is the only problem, I gave you four different colour choices so you can pick the one you like, but if you want to add your custom one its fine!
Hyrule Postage and Trading Co.
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2015, 07:16:41 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I gave this one a shot!! I added Moffet1990´s WW crate to make it look "Post-ish" I think it looks great! I haven´t added the floor yet, but I will be in a near future. And I don´t know what to put on the second floor, since in the description it says that there are 3 floors, but it doesn´t specify on each one.

ANYWAY! Tell me what you think of this so far!
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2015, 03:42:00 am »
  • It's just Max.
So, preemptive apology for a drop in response rate- I'm jotting this down as I'm packing for a roadtrip and I'll pretty much be traveling for the next month and a half without a computer :/

So, I still don't, personally, like what's going on with the plants in the Fortune Teller's shop. Maybe there's too many of them. Or maybe you could try/recolor that Aztec looking statue from a roof in Minish Cap Hyrule Town, but maybe take his weird long arms off. But that's just my personal opinion, if you think it looks good, then it's good!

For Ingo's Emporium, I think it's good. I'm not sure why anyone would build a counter with the door right in the middle though, usually those are always close to one end or another so they don't get in the way. I love the more narrow hallway with the mirror, I think that looks great. As for floor, I like the tan or blue.

For the HPTC, I think you've got some good ideas going on. My personal vision of it was more of an open first floor, with maybe arches all around and people running this way and that way. The second floor could be on the same map as the first floor, just encircling it, maybe look kind of like the postal center from wind waker, where the second level was a wooden platform going around the edge of the first floor. But yeah, that was just my personal vision, but I do think if it's got a bigger, more open first floor with people running around, that would be a little cooler and more grand.

Anyway, good work, as always! Keep it up, rockstar!
Hyrule Postage and Trading Co.
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2015, 03:42:44 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
So, preemptive apology for a drop in response rate- I'm jotting this down as I'm packing for a roadtrip and I'll pretty much be traveling for the next month and a half without a computer :/

So, I still don't, personally, like what's going on with the plants in the Fortune Teller's shop. Maybe there's too many of them. Or maybe you could try/recolor that Aztec looking statue from a roof in Minish Cap Hyrule Town, but maybe take his weird long arms off. But that's just my personal opinion, if you think it looks good, then it's good!

For Ingo's Emporium, I think it's good. I'm not sure why anyone would build a counter with the door right in the middle though, usually those are always close to one end or another so they don't get in the way. I love the more narrow hallway with the mirror, I think that looks great. As for floor, I like the tan or blue.

For the HPTC, I think you've got some good ideas going on. My personal vision of it was more of an open first floor, with maybe arches all around and people running this way and that way. The second floor could be on the same map as the first floor, just encircling it, maybe look kind of like the postal center from wind waker, where the second level was a wooden platform going around the edge of the first floor. But yeah, that was just my personal vision, but I do think if it's got a bigger, more open first floor with people running around, that would be a little cooler and more grand.

Anyway, good work, as always! Keep it up, rockstar!

Don´t worry about not posting for a while! You have a life, enjoy it!

I tried what you said max, but adding a few of my things!! I couldn´t do the surrounding platform because t was just too dificult, but I manage ton get a good "replacement" for you idea. I based it on the entrance of the MC Hyrule castle where there are some elevated parts that take you to the king and such.

Now, I had a few ideas for this place:
-Since it IS a "posting" AND "Trading" company, I made it so they are actually different jobs. The red (represented by the red crates) is the typical postage company/office and the blue (represented by the blue crates) is the new implemented trading company.
-The Trading Office could also have the Trading Man! Pretty much like the Post Man, he runs around and delivers stuff.
-The Stamping dude from Minish Cap is working on the post office , but I don´t know who will be working on the trading office, maybe the other dude from MC?
-The first room you see on top of the big ass behemoth I created, is still on the second floor, and the one beside it is on the third floor, represented by the different floor colours (also inspired by the castle)
-Some of the crates are put there specifically so link can jump onto the post office, a second way to get there, for fun.

I THINK that´s all. Tell me what you think of this ideas and if you like the new changes!!

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:51:36 pm by Spritonic »
Tania, the Trading boss
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2015, 06:00:44 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I thought of having the boss of the Trading co. on that desk! She is Tania.
I put an attachment so you can see her in the office with Paco the postman XD (Just to name them both).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:17:33 pm by Spritonic »
Ingo´s Emporium
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2015, 06:16:07 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I fixed the door and chose the blue floor, thanks to Max.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 75 queries.