Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Fall of Hyrule news...  (Read 31538 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Fall of Hyrule. NEW SCR...
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2006, 11:27:41 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
I'm thinking of making it play like a FPS from a 3rd person view, that is to say you use the WASD keys for movement and the mouse for weapons/ camera

Same, but in reality, the user can change the controls. I'm gonna release myself a demo now and the proper one later, just to see if people have any problems, like screwed up collisions, lack of talking, animation issues, which will be useful whilst I am cleaning out a bug, may as well find others.

The WASD strafe camera moving movement is a good idea, considering its a PC Zelda and well that way is very popular, and will make things easy in a sense. To buttons is alright, normally I would say use more and make use of what you have got, but both have playing Links Awakening and Ocarina of Time on my PC, I can say when you're sitting back simplicity is better and faster.

I'll be looking forward to that demo.
Project: Shadow Behind The Leaves
Dark Basic Pro | Cinema 4D 6 | Hexagon 2 | Blender |  Photoshop 6 | C++/Ogre/Irrlicht | C#/Delphi/Truevision | Torque Game Engine 1.4
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2006, 12:38:10 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
I agree, the keys aren't ideal for moving in a three dimensional world, it'd be clumbsy, try walking across those raised platforms  in kokiri forest (to where the girl is standing next to a blue rupee) in OoT with the keyboard....its hard. the only other option is to impliment joypad controls, which is also a really good idea.

« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2006, 03:44:46 pm »
  • odens knop
As the character designer I will post concept art throughout the progress of Fall of Hyrule.  As some of you know one race in the game is the Khepri, they are a mythical race from Egypt wich are humans with the head of an insect.  Here's a concept of the some kind of leader of these creatures wich we call the Khepri King/Priest/Prophet at the moment:

And here's a quick ad I made in Photoshop I don't like how it turned out but whatever, here it is anyways... :P

|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2006, 03:46:39 pm »
  • =/
Wow, thats really good but thats not how I imagined them. Also, won't that be very hard to model?
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2006, 05:20:32 pm »
  • odens knop
Wow, thats really good but thats not how I imagined them. Also, won't that be very hard to model?

Thanks, Idunno... :P  Wanna try it out? :P
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2006, 05:51:54 pm »
  • =/

Thanks, Idunno... :P  Wanna try it out? :P
I could. But if I don't show you the model, that means I failed horribly. I'm not to good with humainoid figures.
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2006, 07:00:23 pm »
  • odens knop
You can always try, and if Uppy likes it he might've found himself a modeler.  ;)  Try to make him Oot style.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2006, 08:42:32 pm »
  • =/
Can you do a picture of the dude from the side? I could really use that for the neck. (I can't get it right without a good enough picture)
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2006, 01:09:16 pm »
  • odens knop
I'll just draw it quick in paint or something cause I don't have a scanner so I have to get my dad to take it to work and scan it there, but I hope it doesn't matter.
But something like this kinda, you can improvise a bit yourself and see how things turn out experiment, it's just a concept after all.   :)

if it doesn't work try this link

[edit]

Oh, and just in case you wanna texture or somethingm then this is what the colors could look like.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 05:52:42 pm by Linky »
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2006, 11:52:39 am »
yeah, I'd like to point out that he isnt a regular Khepri, hes the High priest, as for being difficult to model i'd say that he'll be fairly tricky yes but the intricate detail on his headgear and robe will be textures. the regular Khepri will be more humanoid (imagine the ant guys from futurama) I'd also like to mention that the Khepri High Priests robes go right to the floor and doesn't show feet as in the above image. Its a groovy pic eh?

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2006, 03:54:07 pm »
  • odens knop
Uppy, do you think you can post a pic of the ant-guy?  I don't remember him.... :P
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2006, 07:12:59 pm »
I'll take a look, your banners cool btw.
I've been kinda busy this week, looks like i'll be busy tomorrow too but as soon possible i'll post a decent demo, the only thing i really need to do is get an animated link/ someone to animate link, everything else is pretty much done for the demo, its the cave area as seen a few pages back, a simple mini dungeon for you guys to try out links sword and other stuff such as running, walking, rolling and reading signs. The only thing thats stopping me from releasing this demo is that I dont want to release it with the stand in model I have in the game at the minute (Guard.mdl) I replaced link with him late last week cos he already has the animations i need for him to attack the bad guys. as soon as I have a model i can use I will replace him.

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2006, 09:08:55 pm »
Wow ! A 3D's Zelda project !

I am interested to this.  ;)

Good luck for the continuation.
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2006, 09:58:02 pm »
Thanks dude, there are a few 3d zelda projects here, check out seppuku's project "Dins Bow" and  2awsome4apossums project....which um...doesn't have a thread yet. I think his trailer is there in the Z3 topic though. Anyways thanks for the support.  8)

If you want to help and think you can go here: http://www.zfgc.com/index.php/topic,6133.0.html

« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2006, 02:42:51 am »
I think the hi res looks ten times better than the WW style. But I hope this project goes well!
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2006, 01:37:07 pm »
cheers dude, yeah i've decided to keep the hi-res look, got some big plans for this game, those in my team know what I'm doing and as soon as I progress enough I'll tell everyone here alot more news about this game.

Re: Fall of Hyrule A few new screenshots.
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2006, 05:13:59 pm »
okay, I've fixed some graphical problems that were making the textures stretch. We have a new modeler, a gent named Nucleus as well as a new programmer Sinn, with Sinn comes more experience and a grander vision of what Fall of Hyrule can be. Sinn, after seeing and playing around with what I have already made has suggested that we think about downloadable content for the game. We talked for a few hours about how this could be put into action and we finally decided on a way; A system not unlike Windows Automatic Updates, a program that runs on installation and asks for you to choose wether or not you wish to receive updates and how often, after that the program will do whatever you told it to silently and will not bother you again. If this seems ambitious that is because it is. I don't know wether we will be able to make it this way but we're gonna try some different things and see if any of these ideas are workable. Imagine walking to a town in the game only to find a new shop or side quest that previously didn't exist in the game, the possibilities are endless, basically imagine Graal Online....without the real world DICK heads following you around in the game.

Nucleus is making models for the game, including the tricky Khepri High Priest, here is an untextured model of a kokiri he has made exclusively for the game:

please realize that these models are low poly at my request.

C+C on this would be appreciated

As for the auto update, I have built a quick prototype for you guys to have a play with, although its pretty straight forward its nice to see an example. Remember too that as soon as we have a link model fully animated there will be a demo released. As aforementioned this will consist of a mini dungeon to show off the fighting, as well as signs to show how the talking/ reading system works.

http://rapidshare.de/files/32058868/survey1.zip

more info+ screens soon.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 05:22:54 pm by Uppy »

« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2006, 06:58:12 pm »
  • odens knop
YES! Finally a modeler!  ;D  Nice models BTW I can't wait to talk to this guy.  Hey Uppy his MSN plz, :P  You have a PM.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2006, 07:03:13 pm »
yessum, oh my inbox is empty, I'm afraid i didnt recieve a PM, resend please dude, as for his address, i'll tell you next time you're on msn, glad you like the models so far.

« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2006, 05:17:44 am »
  • odens knop
Yeah my parents pulled out the internet cord....  I'll resend. :P

[Edit]

I forgot what I said, but I don't think it was anything important. :P
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 74 queries.