Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3DS XL Announced, No charger  (Read 2652 times)

3DS XL Announced, No charger
« on: June 22, 2012, 04:43:07 am »
http://kotaku.com/5920420/nintendo-announces-a-new-bigger-3ds

The screen is 90 percent bigger, with larger bottom and top screens. It's called the Nintendo 3DS LL in Japan and the Nintendo 3DS XL in the West.

The top screen measures at 4.88 inches and is 90 percent bigger, while the bottom screen is 4.18 inches and is also 90 percent bigger.

For the 3DS LL, the battery will last 3.5 to 6.5 hours while playing 3DS games (as compared to 3 to 5 hours with the 3DS). The battery will last 6 to 10 hours for DS games (as compared to 5 to 8 hours for the 3DS).

To cut costs, Nintendo is selling the AC adapter as a stand alone, but the 3DS LL will work with current 3DS plugs.

The 3DS XL will come in three colors (White, Red x Black, Silver x Black) and be out in Japan on July 28 for ¥18,900. The 3DS XL will be out in Europe on July 28. In North America, it will be released on August 19 for US$199.99 in Black, Black x Blue, and Black x Red.

SO it looks like they upgraded the battery by a whole hour. But now you get to buy the charger.

This is what Nintendo believes.

Re: 3DS XL Announced, No charger
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 06:03:36 am »
And your headaches will get even more intense this way with 3D mode on!

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 11:29:45 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
*facepalm* not putting in a charger? What the hell Nintendo?
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 01:00:47 pm »
*facepalm* not putting in a charger? What the hell Nintendo?

All I can say is glad I'm good with my 3DS. Nintendo have been going mad again
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 01:47:33 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
What?!?!  That is ridicules.  And in addition to that it is still lacking dual analog sticks...  Come on Nintendo, and it looks more cheaply build than the original...

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 01:55:01 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
What?!?!  That is ridicules.  And in addition to that it is still lacking dual analog sticks...  Come on Nintendo, and it looks more cheaply build than the original...

Just a question, but why is lacking dual analog sticks that big a deal? I don't see a problem with it.

EDIT: I just read this in the actual Kotaku article: "(Note: in North America, Nintendo is releasing the 3DS XL with the AC adapter.)" <- it is being released with the charger here.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:57:53 pm by Starフォセーキン »
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 04:09:30 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
I just think having to use some clunky circle pad pro attachment is kinda silly.  Since developers want to make games with dual analog sticks I don't see why Nintendo won't put it on their system.  It is good to hear that America will have the adapter bundled though, but why make Japan buy it separately, it still is a weird marketing strategy imo.
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 04:14:11 pm »
  • 笑い男
To cut costs, Nintendo is selling the AC adapter as a stand alone,

Yes, to also cut the costs of the consumer, so that the majority of people that already have a compatible adapter (including DS ones it seems) don't need to have to buy the same thing again, saving both sides money.

Although I understand why it is included in NA, going by the "complain first, think later" culture of America that'd just feel ripped off if they weren't forced to re-buy something that likely already own, like what's already been shown in this thread and even found itself to be important enough to make the title. >_>

If it was a 100% required item, why on earth would it not be sold together? Pretty sure Nintendo has a philosophy of making customers very happy and satisfied so that they come back later on, trusting Nintendo, instead of just trying to make a "quick buck" off of them. Probably one reason why they've existed for over(?) 100 years. (A few people might like to compare that to many other currently known companies. The length of life of a company isn't just a coincidence.)

Also, should be obvious again, but imagine what would happen if it had another circle pad. Devs would just make games dependant on it, completely alienating all other 3DS owners. Not smart. Having an optional attachment lets devs use it if they wish, perhaps making control a bit better for those that buy it, but while also making sure that they make the game playable on the 3DS as it is for everyone.

I think the fact that it comes with  a 4GB SD card is pretty big too.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 04:21:31 pm by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Arcaith

Landscape Police
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 05:10:20 am »
  • *ding*
I agree with what a lot of people are saying vis-a-vis the AC adapter not being included, since a lot of the people buying the XL will probably be people who already own a compatible adapter. I also think that selling the adapter separately will help for people who have lost existing adapters, so they're actually entering the market for replacement adapters too.
*MooN*

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 09:28:01 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Try fitting that bad boy in your pocket, god DAMN!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

thestig

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 03:47:33 pm »
That's what I was about to say! Jeez. Like, it's bad enough I have my phone, keys, and wallet to lug around. D: Nintendo things everyone has huge ass pockets, where as Apple thinks everyone is a hipster girl who can afford tight jeans or something lol.
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 09:14:16 am »
  • 笑い男
I think most people would actually have some sort of bag they take the things that don't just fit in their pockets with them when they go out daily to/from school/work though lol

The only place I take my 3DS with me is to uni, and that's always in my bad that holds all my other stuff (laptop, books and a ton of other stuff lol)

Only stuff that goes in my pockets is wallet (keys inside) and phone.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 06:47:33 am »
That's what I was about to say! Jeez. Like, it's bad enough I have my phone, keys, and wallet to lug around. D: Nintendo things everyone has huge ass pockets, where as Apple thinks everyone is a hipster girl who can afford tight jeans or something lol.

Nah, they just both presume a handbag can hold either, and they would be right. Similarly so can a rucksack.
  • Elliott Parkinson

thestig

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 06:59:41 am »

Nah, they just both presume a handbag can hold either, and they would be right. Similarly so can a rucksack.
:( Shush and everyone poking at my logic error
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 03:03:06 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I'm mad because one of my friends had his jeans modified so his pockets could hold all of his 3DS stuff in them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 65 queries.