Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Proposal Ever  (Read 820 times)

Best Proposal Ever
« on: October 27, 2008, 06:10:09 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Ah yes, to be a nerd and in love. Instead of a pedestrian proposal, an individual known as TheRealPfhreak hacked Chrono Trigger to ask for his girlfriend's hand. There's a clip of the heck, and it's on the long side, so if your attention span is as short as ours, skip ahead to around the 6:20 mark for the money shot. Here's TheRealPfhreak:

On October 17th, 2008, I proposed to my (now) Fiance. Originally I wanted to retun to the site of our first date, Mount Baker, near Bellingham Washington. Sadly, there was no discrete way to get her out there. So I turned to the next best thing, digitally recreating the mountain!

But why stop there? I figured I'd try and recreate many of our other favorite memories — stargazing, dancing, even her favorite song lyrics (from the Princess Bride). I'm a college student who is studying Computer Science, and I wanted to do something unique that used my talents, so I did some research on Rom hecking, as she was playing through Chrono Trigger....

When her name appeared on screen (blurred in this video), she glanced over to me (on one knee, with the ring out), wondering, "How did they get my name in this game?" When she saw the ring, she reread the proposal, nodded yes, and said, "You are such a huge nerd! I love this!"

I spent a long time debating whether or not this proposal was awesome or incredibly stupid. Her friends, and my friends helped talk me into it, and it was a huge success!

Congrats! Word of advice: Leave the software Chrono consummation hacks out of your wedding night.

http://kotaku.com/5069088/the-chrono-trigger-marriage-proposal-hacks

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_HMLvLB7b0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_HMLvLB7b0</a>
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
Re: Best Proposal Ever
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 06:23:22 pm »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
I saw this earlier on Kotaku. Really sweeet <3<3<3

I want to be proposed to through a video game D:

ANY POTENTIAL STALKERS WHO ARE READING THIS, I HOPE YOU'RE TAKING NOTES.

Now if only I were worth stalking D:

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 08:15:54 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Doesn't beat that guy who created a whole Side-Scrolling game in his spare-time, in which the proposal featured after the final boss.

hecking a game is one thing, but creating a whole game, weeks if not months of work, purely for the love of your life, and not uploading or letting anybody else play the game afterwards...now THAT is Nerd-Romance :P
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 09:12:45 pm »
hecking a game is one thing, but creating a whole game, weeks if not months of work, purely for the love of your life, and not uploading or letting anybody else play the game afterwards...now THAT is Nerd-Romance
I require source please :D.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:18:24 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
http://www.threepanelsoul.com/news.php?col=0&page=3
Scroll down a few blog posts and you'll see it.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 09:51:39 pm »
  • b e p i s
Man-tears. This is nerd love at its finest.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.486 seconds with 50 queries.