Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Timeline Leaked  (Read 2020 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Zelda Timeline Leaked
« on: December 21, 2011, 03:42:18 pm »
Well it's official. We now have an answer to the zelda timeline

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/33844/zelda-timeline-leaked/

I am so glad this was how the timeline went. Because I had made the Chiming Bells timeline very similar to that! Just rather than "Link fails" split, it was called "split c". For once, one of my timeline predictions was 99% right! (100% if you ignore the title of the 3rd split)

So what do you think of the timeline? Do you think this the real deal? Or do you think Nintendo have the secret timeline still to come?

Whilst I wait for music from my composers, I'll be writing out my facts and theories onto how I made my timeline. Based on the fact that this timeline matches mine, they should be on the same page in terms of reasons.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:57:02 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart

thestig

Re: Zelda Timeline Leaked
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 04:17:56 pm »
Can't take Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks seriously since both were like playing with baby toys.

Other than that, though, idk. I guess it's good?

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 04:19:41 pm »
Can't take Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks seriously since both were like playing with baby toys.

Other than that, though, idk. I guess it's good?

I completely agree with PH and ST. That's why I set CB after them. To make that timeline serious again lol
(Though you may have noticed mention of the Hero of Twilight in CB. Wondering how come? Wait and see lol)

It does work actually. All aspects of the timeline fit like a jigsaw and make sense.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 04:24:16 pm »
I don't really support any timeline theory. I don't know whether the source is official from Nintendo or that it is the timeline from one of the members in the team (such as Miyamoto). It is all to vague for me. Not to mention that people who have submitted their timeline theory to Nintendo always got the answer that Nintendo does not support any timeline in the Zelda series.

Personally I think that the games on their own are great games with great stories. However if you consider a timeline about a hundred different arguments can be made why that timeline does not work.

I just don't bother with timelines and just accept the games as they are.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 10:54:46 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Haha, I REALLY doubt that this is real, because Nintendo has said they won't release a timeline. So why would they publish a book with a timeline in it?

Nevertheless, this ALMOST places things logically. But... The Link failing thing seems TOTALLY backwards, by which I mean, failing goes with the Wink Waker arc, not the Link to the Past arc...
1. The world of WW is flooded BECAUSE no hero beat Gannon. That is basically saying either there was no Link, or Link failed, so a flood was a backup plan.
2. The intro and backstory of ALTTP describes Link succeeding, beating Ganon and sealing him with the sages...

Which would logically switch the conditions for those two sequences.
I also don't understand why Twilight Princess would have drawn such a parallel between the master sword's location in OoT and ALTTP if it didn't come between them, but I guess that's alright, the temple of time could have fallen into disrepair in a different timeline, too.

I kind of agree with Niek, that there won't ever be an official timeline, and I recognise that Nintendo makes up a story based on gameplay, not on consistency, but nevertheless, I think theorising like this is our duty as fans!

I also appreciate that this timeline didn't insist on placing the four sword games adjacent, when obviously ANY amount of time and games could have passed between them.

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 10:59:24 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Haha, I REALLY doubt that this is real, because Nintendo has said they won't release a timeline. So why would they publish a book with a timeline in it?

Nevertheless, this ALMOST places things logically. But... The Link failing thing seems TOTALLY backwards, by which I mean, failing goes with the Wink Waker arc, not the Link to the Past arc...
1. The world of WW is flooded BECAUSE no hero beat Gannon. That is basically saying either there was no Link, or Link failed, so a flood was a backup plan.
2. The intro and backstory of ALTTP describes Link succeeding, beating Ganon and sealing him with the sages...

Which would logically switch the conditions for those two sequences.
I also don't understand why Twilight Princess would have drawn such a parallel between the master sword's location in OoT and ALTTP if it didn't come between them, but I guess that's alright, the temple of time could have fallen into disrepair in a different timeline, too.

I kind of agree with Niek, that there won't ever be an official timeline, and I recognise that Nintendo makes up a story based on gameplay, not on consistency, but nevertheless, I think theorising like this is our duty as fans!

I also appreciate that this timeline didn't insist on placing the four sword games adjacent, when obviously ANY amount of time and games could have passed between them.

lol I was looking at the failing in ott part too.  The funny thing is link never failed in that game o_0 resulting in LTTP?  lol still confused >_<
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 11:08:26 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Hmm, after some googling, other sources seem to say that WW is the success story also. Dunno, I thought it mighta just been a typo.

Linkwolf, clarify what it's saying, presumably (no sources seem to say WHAT he failed at), is that in OoT, if Link died or otherwise failed to stop Ganondorf, then Ganon would have succeeded in his evil plot... Resulting in ALTTP. In which he obviously failed.

However, if Link succeeded in sealing Ganondorf with the help of the sages... The Goddesses flooded Hyrule anyway.

Either it's backwards, nintendo's timeline is wacko, or there are games intended to fill in the missing slots.

What that also means, though, is that each game can result in two timelines, one where Link meets his goal, and one where he dies in a dungeon somewhere. Of course, most of the games where he failed would wind up in basically the same eventuality, where the world is cast into darkness and ruled by Ganon.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 06:34:21 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
First off, one of the editors of the Hyrule Historia, the artbook this is from, is Eiji Aonuma. So you can't claim this to be unofficial.

Secondly, the "defeated" timeline, even as described in the book, is more of a "removed" timeline. As in, Link is removed from the equation in some way.

This also means that you're wrong on that, Max. Because "defeated" isn't the right terminology, it also means that there isn't an infinite amount of endings. All the "Ganon rules over a world cast into darkness" endings aren't made any more canon by this timeline than they were previously. Which is to say that they are non-canon. Just because an event CAN happen doesn't make it canon.

Here, have a translation of it.

As you can see, the timeline does indeed split three ways. Basically, it's like this.

TIMELINE 1: LTTP AND BEYOND
Link, as a kid, places the Kokiri Emerald, Goron Ruby, and Zora Sapphire in the Temple of Time and pulls the Master Sword from its pedestal. This removes him from the current timeline. In this timeline, there is no Hero of Time to stop Ganon. As such, he gains the full Triforce and turns the Sacred Realm into the Dark World. This is the Imprisoning War of LttP's past. When another Hero arrives years later (during LttP) Ganon doesn't think much of it originally due to the fact that he's never faced a hero at all.

TIMELINE 2: MM AND BEYOND
Link does defeat Ganon as an adult, and Zelda sends him back to the time when he was a kid. However, the timeline he is sent back to is divergent from his original one (the original one leads to LttP). While Link goes to Termina, the sages go to seal Ganon away. These events are what are referenced by the Sages in TP (and where one of them is slain).

TIMELINE 3: WW AND BEYOND
Link remains an adult after defeating Ganon. However, when the time came for another hero, one did not appear. This leads to the flooding of Hyrule and ultimately Wind Waker's events.

This explanation does seem to gloss over how Link can have the Master Sword in the original timeline (the "defeated/removed" one), but I think I've figured out how to explain that one. Basically, what if Link were removed from the timeline in some way and the Master Sword remained where it was in the Temple of Time, untouched for years. This would allow Ganon to get the Triforce unchecked and cause the Imprisoning War to occur (which leads to LttP).

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 06:53:45 pm »
First off, one of the editors of the Hyrule Historia, the artbook this is from, is Eiji Aonuma. So you can't claim this to be unofficial.

Secondly, the "defeated" timeline, even as described in the book, is more of a "removed" timeline. As in, Link is removed from the equation in some way.

This also means that you're wrong on that, Max. Because "defeated" isn't the right terminology, it also means that there isn't an infinite amount of endings. All the "Ganon rules over a world cast into darkness" endings aren't made any more canon by this timeline than they were previously. Which is to say that they are non-canon. Just because an event CAN happen doesn't make it canon.

Here, have a translation of it.

As you can see, the timeline does indeed split three ways. Basically, it's like this.

TIMELINE 1: LTTP AND BEYOND
Link, as a kid, places the Kokiri Emerald, Goron Ruby, and Zora Sapphire in the Temple of Time and pulls the Master Sword from its pedestal. This removes him from the current timeline. In this timeline, there is no Hero of Time to stop Ganon. As such, he gains the full Triforce and turns the Sacred Realm into the Dark World. This is the Imprisoning War of LttP's past. When another Hero arrives years later (during LttP) Ganon doesn't think much of it originally due to the fact that he's never faced a hero at all.

TIMELINE 2: MM AND BEYOND
Link does defeat Ganon as an adult, and Zelda sends him back to the time when he was a kid. However, the timeline he is sent back to is divergent from his original one (the original one leads to LttP). While Link goes to Termina, the sages go to seal Ganon away. These events are what are referenced by the Sages in TP (and where one of them is slain).

TIMELINE 3: WW AND BEYOND
Link remains an adult after defeating Ganon. However, when the time came for another hero, one did not appear. This leads to the flooding of Hyrule and ultimately Wind Waker's events.

This explanation does seem to gloss over how Link can have the Master Sword in the original timeline (the "defeated/removed" one), but I think I've figured out how to explain that one. Basically, what if Link were removed from the timeline in some way and the Master Sword remained where it was in the Temple of Time, untouched for years. This would allow Ganon to get the Triforce unchecked and cause the Imprisoning War to occur (which leads to LttP).

God yes! I really did get the timeline right! Booya!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 10:39:38 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

Consider this:  At the end of OoT, we see Link speaking with Zelda in the courtyard.  However, we know that at the time Link pulled the Master Sword the first time, Zelda had already fled. Which means that Link did not return to his original time, but a time prior to it.  The original timeline is now without a Link, but the Sacred Realm was left open by Link, making it a clean get away for Ganondorf.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 06:20:30 am »
  • It's just Max.
Aah. Okay, now I get it, you guys are right. But that doesn't mean I think it's totally logical. Because the "Link Removed" timeline is the same one he came back to as adult Link. He was just elsewhere for seven years (Rip Van Winkle style time travel!). But I guess if the boss says so, then removing the master sword sent him to an entirely different timeline instantly, he actually time traveled, and what the light sage said about his body being in the temple of light for seven years was baloney?
Haha, whatever. I do understand now, and actually really like, the was the removal of the hero led to ALTTP, that does make sense and is really cool.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 07:44:13 pm »
Aah. Okay, now I get it, you guys are right. But that doesn't mean I think it's totally logical. Because the "Link Removed" timeline is the same one he came back to as adult Link. He was just elsewhere for seven years (Rip Van Winkle style time travel!). But I guess if the boss says so, then removing the master sword sent him to an entirely different timeline instantly, he actually time traveled, and what the light sage said about his body being in the temple of light for seven years was baloney?
Haha, whatever. I do understand now, and actually really like, the was the removal of the hero led to ALTTP, that does make sense and is really cool.

Yeh time travel is hard to explain. Where's a science boffin when you need one?
  • Phoenix Heart
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 62 queries.

anything